Sheelah Clarkson, ALC, GRI, ABR
As the visionary founder of her boutique brokerage, Sheelah created an innovative firm with a national reputation for uncommon properties and uncompromising service. Sheelah’s keen insight and masterful proficiency in negotiations, sales and outside-the-box solutions earned her a distinguished reputation throughout the real estate markets of the Carolinas.
With more than 35 years of experience in the real estate profession, Sheelah was known for her world-class expertise in negotiating and brokering large acreage land tracts, private estates, luxury properties and horse farms. She was granted the esteemed Accredited Land Consultant (ALC) designation from the REALTORS Land Institute (RLI). Fewer than 1% of real estate brokers in the nation hold this distinguished honor. She also served on the Board of Directors for the North Carolina Realtors Land Institute. Her expertise as a land specialist earned Sheelah both industry-wide recognition and a wide range of clientelle from national and international buyers to conservation-minded developers, land preservationists and real estate investors.
As an Accredited Land Consultant, Sheelah was a member of the prestigious Realtors Land Institute (RLI), the only national organization with a membership of licensed real estate professionals who broker, sell, develop, lease and manage land. Using her expertise, networking and high powered negotiating skills, she assisted national and international investors in acquiring large and strategically located tracts of mountain land, commercial land, and farmland throughout western North Carolina and upstate South Carolina.
Sheelah also earned the acclaimed designation of Graduate Realtor Institute (GRI), the most widely-recognized professional designation in the real estate industry. The GRI program requires 90 hours of curriculum work on such topics as real estate law, contract law, professional standards, risk reduction and finance. Graduate Realtor Institute designees have made the commitment to provide a high level of professional services to their clients.
An Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR), Sheelah was a member of the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC). The ABR designation is recognized as the benchmark of excellence in buyer representation by the National Association of Realtors (NAR).
- Real Estate Broker and Broker/Owner with more than 35 years of experience serving national and international buyers with commercial and investment real estate, horse farms, land tracts, estate homes, and luxury property.
- Vice President Corporate Real Estate, Clarkson Brothers Inc. an industrial machinery relocation firm. Responsible for industrial and commercial warehousing and distribution. Built, leased, managed, and owned 2 million square feet in three states.
- Faculty, University of Georgia, Athens, GA.
- Commissioner, Spartanburg County Planning and Development Commission, 10 years
- Advisory Board Member, Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member, Landrum Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors, Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE)
- Board Member, Polk County Chamber of Commerce
- Sponsorship Chair and Steering Committee Member, Blue Ridge BBQ Festival, the state championship BBQ festival of North Carolina
- Board of Directors, Polk Equine Emergency Rescue
- B.A., Converse College, Spartanburg, SC
- M.F.A., University of North Carolina Greensboro, Greensboro, NC