Caroland Farms Estate Home
Equestrian Community Home on 12.5 Acres
Experience huge views and gracious countryside living at this custom home designed by Hollis/Crocker architects. With 5 porches, gated entrance, magnificent salt water pool and outdoor stone fireplace, this upscale home is designed for indoor comfort, outdoor entertaining and total privacy. Poised on a knoll overlooking rolling fields and the Blue Ridge Mountains beyond, this fine residence offers the ambiance of a premier equestrian community with the convenience of a private trail system and easy access to local shopping and dining.
The Residence |
Constructed in 1997, the stately 4-bedroom home boasts a handsome stone and stucco exterior plus a wealth of amenities including zoned heating, security system, central vacuum and whole house water treatment system.
The Foyer |
Step through the antique double front doors and experience the quiet elegance and carefully selected amenities of this fine estate home. From the vantage point of the foyer, you’ll appreciate the home’s open floor plan as well as the wide plank heart of pine floors and ceilings with hand hewn beams.
Great Room |
The great room’s remarkable floor to ceiling Palladian window frames tranquil countryside vistas. This inviting space also features a see-thru wood burning rock fireplace which is open to both the dining area and great room. This lovely fireplace includes gas logs and remote control.
This gourmet kitchen offers more than open space and upscale convenience. From the island and eat-in counter area, you’ll enjoy unparalleled mountain views all year round. The kitchen features custom cabinets crafted by a local cabinet maker. Appliances include a Thermador gas stove with downdraft exhaust system; GE conventional and microwave ovens; GE Monogram refrigerator with wood panels to match the cabinetry. Large glass doors lead to screened sunroom and the covered porch.
Breakfast Nook |
The charming breakfast nook located in the kitchen area offers long range mountain views through tall windows. Enjoy easy access to the covered porch.
Ideal for gatherings of family and guests, the dining area includes large Kolbe insulated windows, heart pine floors, beamed ceiling and lovely chandelier.
The residence offers 4 spacious bedroom suites. On the main level, the master suite features sunny windows plus His and Hers baths with separate closets, Jacuzzi tub, and huge mountain views. One guest room is on the main level, a second guest room on the lower level and a third in the upstairs loft.
The residence features 5 full baths and 1 half bath. The handsome ensuite master bath features a large tub, tiled floors and delightful long range views. Other baths offer sunny windows, clean lines and recessed lighting.
Family Room |
Downstairs, the family room offers a cozy gathering spot with tray ceiling, brick floor and wood burning fireplace equipped with gas logs and remote control. On the lower level you’ll also find a recreation room, exercise room and bedroom suite.
Porches & Decks |
With 5 covered porches, this home is designed for easy indoor/outdoor living. The screened sunroom boasts pine floors, ceiling fan and insulated glass on the lower portion of the windows. Stunning landscapes can be seen from every porch.
Outdoor Living |
The private outdoor living venue offers an idyllic setting with numerous upscale appointments. Notice the professional landscaping, extensive flagstone and dry stack rock walls. Enjoy family cookouts by the outdoor wood burning rock fireplace. Nearby, the rock hot tub offers a relaxing venue. At the waterfall, step across the bridge to a seating area and rock fire pit.
Experience a refreshing dip in the custom designed salt water swimming pool. This self-cleaning pool automatically adds and removes water as needed. And, because it has freeze protection, there’s no need to cover in winter. Notice the beautiful Pebble Tec finish and the panoramic views to the mountains.
Equestrian Potential |
Located in the established Caroland Farms equestrian community, this property offers excellent potential for a small horse farm. The 12.5 acres provides plenty of room to build a barn and paddocks. The private Caroland Farms trail system can be accessed directly from the property while the FETA trail system is located nearby. The property is situated within easy driving distance of the new Tryon International Equestrian Center and the Foothills Nature Equestrian Center (FENCE) which hosts numerous year-round equestrian events.
The Community |
Caroland Farms is a 1200-acre private equestrian community poised on the Carolina state line. As the original conservation development of the area, this premier community ensures protection of the land via conservation easements and community covenants. Caroland Farms offers a 12-mile private equestrian trail system and a distinctive setting amid the grandeur of the Carolina foothills.
Summary of Features
- Built in 1997
- 4 bedrooms; 5 full baths; 1 half bath
- Designed by Hollis/Crocker architects
- Stone and stucco exterior
- Architectural shingle roof
- Zoned heating with four separate zones
- Whole house water treatment system
- Home security system
- Central vacuum
- 2-bay garage with custom cabinets
- Antique double front doors
- Four bedroom suites
- Five and half baths plus extra commode and sink in recreation room
- Hand hewn beams
- Gourmet kitchen with custom cabinets, Thermador gas stove, GE conventional and microwave ovens, GE Monogram refrigerator with wood panels to match the cabinetry
- Wide plank heart of pine floors
- Insulated windows by Kolbe Millwork Company
- See thru wood burning rock fireplace with gas logs and remote control
- Master bedroom features his and her baths with separate closets, Jacuzzi tub and huge mountain views
- Recreation room with great mountain view
- Exercise room
- Family room with fireplace and brick floor
- Screened porch with pine floors and insulated glass on lower portion.
- 5 covered porches
- Several double French doors providing access to porches
- Plenty of storage space throughout home
- 12.5 acres
- Pastoral setting with exceptional mountain views
- Professional landscaping
- Rock wall at front entrance with antique electric entrance gates
- Extensive flagstone and dry stack rock walls
- Outdoor wood-burning rock fireplace with gas starter
- Custom designed salt water, self-cleaning swimming pool with freeze protection and Pebble Tec finish
- Rock hot tub with water falling into pool
- Waterfall has bridge to seating area and rock fire pit with gas insert
- Landscape lighting around pool and in rock wall
- Electric outlets in the rock wall around the pool
- Electric fence for animals
The Caroland Farms Community
- Located in an established equestrian community
- Direct access to the Caroland Farms private equestrian trail system
- 12.5 acres of rolling, open land ideal for pasture
- Plenty of space to build barn and paddocks
- Easy access for horse trailers and vans
- FETA equestrian trails are only minutes away
- Convenient to local tack shops, feed stores and equestrian venues
- Less than 10 minutes to the Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE)
- Proximity to the new Tryon International Equestrian Center
- Premier 1200-acre equestrian community
- Original conservation development in the area
- Stunning community protected by covenants
- 12-miles of private trails
- Private community of estate homes and horse farms
- Located in Landrum SC
- 5 miles to I-26
- 7 miles to downtown Landrum
- 10 miles to Tryon NC
- 20 miles to Spartanburg SC
- 30 miles to the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
- 30 miles to Hendersonville NC
- 50 miles to Asheville NC
Price | Offered at $1,400,000 SOLD!
Contact | To schedule a private showing, please contact Sheelah Clarkson
or call Sheelah at