18-Acre Private Equestrian Estate in a Gated Community near Tryon NC
Savor exquisite European flair, idyllic privacy and sophisticated elegance on 18 acres. Poised in Derbyshire, a gated equestrian community near Tryon NC, Knolland Farm offers a 2013 stone residence with 14-foot tray ceiling, gourmet kitchen, custom cabinetry, red oak floors, Travertine tile and fiber optic cable. Enjoy a full array of lavish appointments and superb attention to detail. Equestrians will appreciate the custom stone barn with five-camera surveillance system and board-fenced paddocks. Ride both CETA and FETA trail systems directly from your private estate, providing 165 miles of dedicated equestrian trails for your riding pleasure.
Estate Grounds |
Knolland Farm offers 18 acres of rolling terrain and a totally private setting, a gated farm within a gated community. Enter the farm through beautiful stone columns. The winding private drive leads along board-fenced paddocks to the barn and on up to the stately residence. Enjoy south-facing long range views across the countryside, mature shade trees and meticulous easy-care landscape surrounding the barn and house. The estate offers plenty of additional acreage for building a guest house or additional barn.
The Residence |
Perched on a hilltop overlooking private long range views of the countryside, the stately European-styled home offers a wealth of amenities, conveniences and structural detailing. Constructed with 2X6 framing and engineered roof trusses, the residence features a striking exterior of natural sealed stone. The home boasts fiber optic Internet, natural gas, city water, insulated windows, Cummins house generator, dual fuel heat pumps, 3 HVAC systems for zoned heating and zoned AC. Accessed from the back of the home, the attached oversized 2-car garage on the main level offers a concrete floor, open storage shelves and handsome garage doors.
The Foyer |
This welcoming foyer boasts a stylish mahogany and glass front door installed in 2017. Other features include the lovely chandelier, roomy closet, and attractive half bath with tile floors.
Great Room |
Breathtaking and inspiring, the great room features an oppulent14-foot tray ceiling with 10-inch custom crown molding and scrolled pediments over both doorways to the sunroom. At one end of the room is an exquisite gas log fireplace with marble facing and a custom mantel topped with a beautiful scrolled pediment. On either side of the fireplace, the custom built-in bookcases feature closed solid front cabinets below. Notice the classic chandelier and gleaming red oak floors.
This impressive gourmet kitchen is the heart of the home. Note the granite countertops, center island with bamboo sink, separate baking area, walk-in pantry, and large sunny windows with south facing views. Discerning chefs will appreciate the stunning 48-inch Viking Professional 6-burner gas stove with griddle cooktop, copper backsplash, pot filler, and custom hand painted Habersham exhaust hood. The KitchenAid side-by-side 30-inch double wall ovens, KitchenAid dishwasher and Viking Designer side-by-side refrigerator complete the appliance package. No detail has been overlooked in the design of this exceptional kitchen.
Keeping Room |
Open to the kitchen, the keeping room provides a gracious setting for breakfast and informal dining. The room offers an attractive stone fireplace with custom spalted maple mantle. This room offers easy access to the study and the formal dining area. Family members will enjoy time in this delightful room while communing with the resident chef.
The formal dining area is located at one end of the great room. Your family and guests will enjoy the grandeur of this space with its 14-foot tray ceiling while the chef will have easy access to the kitchen.
Spectacular in all regards, this captivating room offers two sets of French doors to the back terrace, porcelain tile entry and breathable open space with high ceilings. Notice the custom cabinets with stained glass doors and the handy wet bar with ice maker and copper sink.
The private study features large, bright windows overlooking the private back terrace and patio. From this room, you’ll have direct access to a full bath with Travertine tile and main level laundry room with built-in cabinetry and dog washing station.
Master Bedroom |
Located on the main level at the back of the residence, this gracious master suite features tall windows plus pocket door access from the sunroom and side door access to the side yard. The adjacent private master sitting room offers sunny windows, ceiling fan, wall-to-wall carpeting and stone fireplace with gas logs and an antique wood mantel. There’s also a handy coffee bar with granite countertops, refrigerator and sink.
Master Bath |
Step into this grand ensuite master bath and experience your own private spa. Notice the magnificent tiled shower with glass surround and the luxurious jet tub by the window. The room includes custom furniture double vanities with granite countertops and undermount sinks. You’ll also find two commode rooms, two spacious walk-in closets, and Travertine tile floors.
Upper Level |
On the upper level, the home features bright open spaces and wall-to-wall carpeting. At the top of the staircase is a comfortable sitting area. This level also provides a cozy media room, private office, oversized full laundry room, and walk-in access to the attic storage area.
Guest Bedrooms |
Three large and sunny bedrooms are located on the second level. Each guest bedroom includes its own ensuite bath featuring undermount sinks and granite countertops. In every room, your guests will enjoy totally private views across the estate grounds.
Outdoor Venues |
The residence offers inviting outdoor spaces for relaxation and entertaining. The front balcony offers a sunny spot with stone wall, planters, and dramatic south-facing views to the paddocks. The back patio, accessed from the sunroom, provides the ideal setting for outdoor cooking and offers private views into the woodlands.
Equestrian Facilities | Horsemen will appreciate the distinguished equestrian amenities at Knolland Farm. The 2013 barn matches the European styling of the residence including the natural stone exterior and architectural shingle roof with handsome cupola. The facility includes a five-camera security system and four 12 X 12 stalls, each with cross ventilation and exterior Dutch doors, cement floors, drains, and rubber mats. You’ll also find an oversized wash stall with vaulted ceiling and chandelier, a tack room with tile floor, half bath, laundry area with washer and dryer, and Fly Busters fly spray system. The interior barn walls are pine tongue and groove. The upper level insulated hay loft with a balcony overlooking the wash stall. At the back is a covered area with concrete floor, ideal for grooming and equipment storage Enjoy the convenience of water, electric, separate septic, fiber optic Internet.
Outside, you’ll notice a handy stone mounting block and four large paddocks, each with established grass, board fencing and water. Near the barn, there’s plenty of level space for parking horse trailers and vans. Trail riders will appreciate direct access to two dedicated equestrian trail systems, FETA and CETA, offering 165 miles of riding trails.
The Derbyshire Community |
Derbyshire is a 260-acre private, gated equestrian community featuring Cotswold English style architecture, city water, natural gas, underground utilities and walking trails. The private 33-acre spring-fed lake with community boat ramp is ideal for picnics, kayaking, canoeing, and swimming. For equestrians, Derbyshire provides the option of a central barn with 12 X 12 matted stalls, indoor heated wash stall, tack room, feed room, rider’s lounge with kitchen plus separate building for hay storage, outdoor arena, and board-fenced paddocks with established grass. Residents also enjoy direct access to two private equestrian trail systems: CETA (Collinsville Equestrian Trail Association) and FETA (Foothills Equestrian Trails Association).
The Location |
Enjoy countryside living with all the amenities of living in town. Poised in the heart of Tryon horse country, Knolland farm is only 4.7 miles from Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC) and 5.5 miles from I-26. Shopping and dining are available nearby in downtown Landrum SC, Columbus NC and Tryon NC. For the culture and night life of larger cities, the drive is easy via Interstate 26. From Knolland Farm, it’s only 25 miles to Hendersonville and 45 miles to the eclectic city of Asheville. The Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP) lies only 37 miles away. Moreover, Knolland Farm offers easy access to all the area’s equestrian venues and services including state-of-the-art equine veterinary hospital, tack shops, feed stores, trainers, farriers, and equine hydrotherapy.
Summary of Features
The Estate Property
- 18 acres of rolling terrain
- Totally private setting, a gated farm within a gated community
- Meticulous easy-care landscaping surround the house and barn
- Long range views to the south
- Mature native trees for shade
- Stone column entrance
- Winding gravel drive from the private gate to the barn and residence
- Plenty of additional acreage for building a guest house or additional barn
- Built in 2013
- 4 bedrooms; 6 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 6,820 square feet of living space
- European style design
- Natural sealed stone exterior
- Hilltop location offers sweeping south-facing views of the countryside
- 2X6 framing and engineered roof trusses
- Sealed moisture barrier in crawl space insulated with automatic dehumidifier
- Front terrace with planter box
- Private back patio for outdoor cooking and entertainment
- Private back terrace with wrought iron fencing
- City water
- Natural gas
- Fiber optic Internet
- Separate septic for house and barn
- Open floor plan
- Dual fuel heat pumps
- 3 HVAC systems for zoned heating and zoned AC
- 3 fireplaces with automatic remotes
- Insulated windows throughout
- Cummins house generator
- Attached oversized 2-car garage on the main level with concrete floor and open storage shelves
The Equestrian Facilities
- Private views across the estate grounds from every room in the house
- Lavish appointments and superb attention to detail throughout
- Red oak flooring on the main level
- 14-foot ceiling in the great room and 12-foot ceilings with 10-inch custom crown molding throughout the lower level
- All bedrooms feature ensuite baths with undermount sinks and granite countertops
- Foyer with mahogany and glass front door, chandelier, coat closet, and half bath with tile floors
- Great room with elegant 14-foot tray ceiling , 10-inch custom crown molding, scrolled pediment over both doors to the sunroom, exquisite gas log fireplace with marble facing and custom mantel, custom built-in bookcases
- Gracious dining area located at one end of the great room providing easy access to the kitchen and keeping room
- Gourmet kitchen with granite countertops, center island with bamboo sink, separate baking area, walk-in pantry, large windows with south facing views
- Appliances include 48-inch Viking Professional 6-burner gas stove with griddle cooktop, copper backsplash, pot filler, and custom hand painted Habersham exhaust hood; KitchenAid side-by-side 30-inch double wall ovens; KitchenAid dishwasher; and Viking Designer side-by-side refrigerator
- Luxurious sunroom with porcelain tile entry from the back terrace, custom cabinets with stained glass doors, Wet bar and ice maker with copper sink
- Spacious and private master suite on main level with door access from the sun room and side door exterior entrance
- Private master sitting room with sunny windows, ceiling fan, wall-to-wall carpet, coffee bar with granite countertops, and stone fireplace with gas logs and antique wood mantel
- Luxurious ensuite master bath featuring tiled shower with glass surround, spa tub, custom furniture double vanities with granite countertops and undermount sinks, two walk-in closets, two commode rooms, and Travertine tile
- Private study with large, bright windows overlooking the private back yard and patio
- Laundry rooms with Travertine tile floors and built-in cabinetry on both levels of the home
- Upper level with bright sitting area, cozy media room, second master suite with Travertine tile shower
Derbyshire Equestrian Community
- Distinguished 2013 stone barn which matches the European styling of the residence
- Architectural shingle roof with cupola
- Four 12 X 12 stalls, each with cross ventilation and exterior Dutch doors, cement floors, drains, and rubber mats
- Wash stall with vaulted ceiling and chandelier
- Tack room with tile floor, half bath, laundry area with washer and dryer
- 5-camera security system
- 50-year subfloor
- Interior barn walls are pine tongue and groove
- Upper level insulated hay loft with a balcony overlooking the wash stall
- Fly busters fly spray system
- Covered back area with concrete floor for grooming and equipment storage
- Water, electric, separate septic, fiber optic Internet at the barn
- Stone mounting block
- 4 large paddocks, each with established grass, board fencing, and water
- Plenty of level space for parking horse trailers and vans
- Direct access from the farm to 2 dedicated equestrian trail systems, FETA and CETA, offering 165 miles of riding trails
- Derbyshire is a 260-acre private, gated equestrian community
- Handsome gated entrance with stone columns
- Cotswold English style architecture
- The private 33-acre spring-fed lake with community boat ramp is ideal for picnics, kayaking, canoeing, and swimming
- Community includes both private homesites and larger farm sites
- Underground utilities
- City water
- Natural gas
- Over 3.5 miles of community walking trails
- Central barn with 12 X 12 matted stalls, indoor heated wash stall, tack room, feed room, rider’s lounge with kitchen plus separate building for hay storage, outdoor arena, and board-fenced paddocks with established grass
- Unparalleled direct access to 2 private equestrian trail systems: CETA (Collinsville Equestrian Trail Association) and FETA (Foothills Equestrian Trails Association), offering more than 165 miles of dedicated riding trails
- Centralized location in the heart of Tryon Horse Country with easy access to all the area’s equestrian venues and services including state-of-the-art equine veterinary hospital, tack shops, feed stores, trainers, farriers, and equine hydrotherapy
- Located in Columbus NC
- 4.7 miles to Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC)
- 5.5 miles to I-26
- 7 miles to downtown Landrum SC
- 8 miles to downtown Columbus NC
- 8 miles to Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE)
- 11 miles to downtown Tryon NC
- 25 miles to Hendersonville NC
- 37 miles to the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
- 45 miles to Asheville NC
- 75 miles to Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT)
MLS | North Carolina Mountains MLS #3289321
Price | Offered at $1,950,000
Contact | For details, please contact Ann Wigely or Sheelah Clarkson
or call Ann
or call Sheelah
Contact Form |
You may also contact us by using the contact form below.