Holly Spring Farm
Equestrian Community Home on 16+ Acres
THIS LISTING NO LONGER ACTIVE
Holly Spring Farm is a lovely updated residence poised in the heart of horse country in Polk County, North Carolina. Located in Stirrup Downs, a small equestrian community, this farm boasts direct access to the Collinsville Equestrian Trail Association (CETA) system of private riding trails. The 16.65 acres offers desirable privacy for an estate home and potential for an equestrian property.
The Residence |
The large updated home offers modern convenience with traditional style. Set in a garden paradise of green pastures and mature forest, this large home has both formal and informal living areas, three levels, and an outside access on the lower level, ideal for use for a guest suite or in-law apartment. With 4 bedrooms, 4 and a half baths, large open kitchen with breakfast area, and family room, sauna and second kitchen, this home has many options for elegant country living.
Living Room |
This executive home boasts a formal living room just off the entry. Surrounded by a breezy wrap around porch, this room features views of the pasture and offers a comfortable space for entertaining. The room is finished with custom crown moldings, chair rail and ceiling fans.
The large open kitchen has been updated with granite counter tops, under mount stainless steel sink and a generous breakfast bar. The stainless steel appliances are new and feature a glass cook top oven/range, second wall oven, and a French door refrigerator. The cabinets are custom oak, with custom tile backsplash for the sink, crown moldings and wainscoting. There is a generous sized pantry included in the custom oak cabinets. The kitchen has room for a good sized breakfast table for daily use or casual entertaining. There are French Doors leading outside to the covered wrap around deck for grilling and enjoying the view of the pond.
Next to the kitchen for ease of entertaining is a formal dining room with new Hickory hardwood floors, custom wainscoting and crown molding. There is a convenient door to the outside covered deck from the dining room.
Master Bedroom |
On the main level, you’ll will find an airy and bright master bedroom. The room is approximately 20x16 with attached private bath, walk-in closet, crown molding and views of the pond.
Master Bath |
The sizable master bath has a large Jacuzzi tub, walk-in tiled shower, custom tile wainscoting and floor, granite counter tops and recessed lighting.
Guest Suite |
On the second floor you’ll find an area at the top of the stairs that is ideal for games, office, or television room. This level features an additional master suite with bath, dressing area and a view toward the pond. There’s plenty of space for family and guests with two additional bedrooms and another bath.
Lower Level |
The lower level offers many options for an extended family including hobby space, in-law suite with outside entrance, covered porch and large finished area. The family room is large and light. An inside room is set up as an exercise room. There is a full kitchen with new granite countertops, stainless steel sink and Whirlpool appliances. The full bath has new granite counter tops and a cedar Alpine sauna.
The Grounds |
With over 16 acres of gentle land this property lends itself to finishing as an equestrian farm or private estate property offering privacy with room for a pool, extensive gardens, fruit orchard or other uses. The home is set in a small equestrian development of large tracts and offers the privacy and quiet of a country estate. The land is gently rolling with established pasture, mature hardwoods, a small spring fed pond and a stream. Wandering through the forest to the back of the property there is direct access to the private Collinsville Equestrian Trail Association private trails.
The Community |
Holly Spring Farm is located in the center of Polk County, NC. The property is part of Stirrup Downs, a small equestrian residential community with a private road and direct trail access to the Collinsville Equestrian Trail Association (CETA) system of private trails.
The Location |
Columbus NC is the county seat of Polk County where Tryon is located. It is known for being an equestrian friendly community with various show sites, extensive private equestrian trail systems, and many support businesses to support the horse owner. With direct access by I-26 to Asheville, NC or Hendersonville, NC you can live in the beauty of the foothills but still enjoy the city with wonderful art, music, restaurants and outdoor activities. Greenville, SC and Spartanburg, SC are also close to the Polk County area and offer many options for shopping and dining.
Summary of Features
- Built in 1994 and updated 2013
- 4 bedrooms,; 4 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 4900 square feet on three levels
- Brick exterior
- Wrap around covered porch with Trex Decking
- Lower level with exterior entrance and covered porch
- Frame construction with 9 foot reinforced concrete foundation walls
- Windsor High Performance double pane windows
- Insulated interior walls and engineered floor systems
- R-38 insulation in attic area
- Fiberglass shingle roof
- Dual System Heat Pump
- Security system with motion detector, door and window detectors
- Hard wired fire alarm system
- Motion activated exterior flood lights
- 2-car attached garage on main level
- 1-car lower level garage
- New hickory hardwood floors on main level
- Custom wainscoting throughout main level
- Tile and carpet flooring
- Crown molding in many rooms
- Remodeled kitchen with custom oak cabinets and pantry
- Stainless steel appliances
- Stainless steel sinks in kitchens
- Custom tile back splash in each kitchen
- New granite counters in kitchens and baths
- Breakfast area in kitchen with French doors to covered wrap around porch
- Breakfast bar
- Formal living and dining rooms
- Master on main
- Master bath with Jacuzzi tub, walk in tile shower, granite countertops
- Large laundry room with double sinks and built-in cabinets
- Second floor additional master suite with dressing area and private bath
- Second floor flex space for office, game room or television area
- 2 additional upstairs bedrooms and full bath
- Lower level family room with outside entrance
- Complete lower level kitchen with Whirlpool appliances, new granite counter tops
- Alpine Sauna
- Lower level full bath
- Ceiling fans throughout
- Lower level exercise room
- Graded pad for barn
- Established pasture, partially fenced
- Located on CETA private trail system
- Property within Stirrup Downs, an equestrian community
- 16.65 acres
- Spring fed pond
- Green area of pastures
- Mature hardwood forest
- On private road
- Circular drive
MLS | North Carolina Mountains MLS 537796
Price | Inactive listing
Contact | For similar properties on the market, contact Ann Wigely
or call Ann at