Classic Elegance in Kenmure
Gated Golf Community Home in Flat Rock, North Carolina
Experience the private setting and tasteful ambiance of this gracious one-owner residence on 3.7 acres. Distinctive highlights include south-facing mountain views from nearly every room, bright and open floor plan, vaulted and tray ceilings, master on main, stone fireplaces, sunny chef’s kitchen, huge storage space, handsome study, hardwood floors and crown moldings. Enjoy spacious upper and lower decks and breezy screened porch. Walk to trails at the Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site. Golf and social memberships are available.
The Residence |
This home offers an abundance of space designed for effortless living. Updated in 2009, the home includes 4,200 square feet of living space and another 1,000 square feet of additional storage space. The smart split floor plan places sleeping quarters on opposite ends of the home, ensuring privacy for all four bedrooms. The architect-designed residence features natural gas heat, 30 year architectural shingles, a large 3-car garage and whole house generator.
The Entry |
Enjoy easy main level entry from both the garage and the outdoor parking area. Notice the easy care landscape, covered front porch and handsome exterior of brick and HardiPlank siding.
Great Room |
This gracious open space offers plenty of natural light and private views across the mountains. Highlights include vaulted ceilings and a floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace with ventless gas logs and hand crafted walnut mantel. Remodeled in 2009, the great room is open to the kitchen and includes a built-in TV/sound system sliding door access to the outdoor deck.
Updated in 2009, this sparkling kitchen features granite countertops, eat-in bar, convenient center island and cathedral ceilings. The stainless steel appliance package includes Jenn Air cooktop with 4 gas burners, gas grill and downdraft; Kitchen Aid double microwave and convection oven installed in 2010; and Whirlpool dishwasher.
Breakfast Nook |
One of the favorite spots in this home is the breakfast nook by the bay window. With woodland and mountain views plus handy access to the kitchen, this dining area offers an ideal space for informal meals and casual gatherings.
Formal dining takes place in this elegant room with its tray ceiling, beautiful chandelier and gleaming hardwood floors. The room offers direct access to both the screened porch and the kitchen.
Ideal for a home office or private library, this room is complete with two phone lines and cable hook-up. Located on the main level, the study includes handy pocket doors and a large north-facing window overlooking the landscape.
Master Bedroom |
This immaculate master suite provides spaciousness, privacy and beauty. Notice the stunning tray ceiling and large windows. You’ll have direct access to the back deck and private mountain views. The room includes a large walk-in closet with pocket doors and audio system speakers.
Master Bath |
The ensuite master bath offers high ceilings, double sinks, plenty of vanity space, tile floor, walk-in shower and separate tub.
Guest Bedroom |
Located on the main level, this guest bedroom provides a quiet space with large windows and ensuite bath. The home’s split floor plan places this bedroom at the opposite end of the residence from the master suite, ensuring privacy.
Lower Level |
Downstairs, the residence provides an abundance of space for family and guests. The family room features a handsome gas log fireplace, recessed lighting and built-in bookcases plus a wet bar with wine rack and oak cabinets. This level also features two large guest rooms, two baths and direct access to the private lower level deck.
Outdoor Spaces |
This home is designed with outdoor living in mind. An expansive deck spans the entire length of the home. Built to allow for the addition of a hot tub, the deck boasts year round mountain views across a totally private view shed. The adjacent screened porch includes cable hook-up and the perfect spot for your porch swing.
The Homesite |
This lovely golf community residence is poised on an estate-sized 3.76-acre corner lot. The large homesite affords easy access, main level parking, desirable privacy and year round south facing mountain views.
Located in the quaint Village of Flat Rock, just outside Hendersonville, the Kenmure gated golf community offers 1,400 acres of easy mountain living. Kenmure is 5 minutes from downtown Hendersonville, 35 minutes from Asheville and 45 minutes from Greenville, South Carolina and the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP). Kenmure offers pristine seclusion plus the convenience of nearby shopping, dining, medical facilities and cultural arts.
At Kenmure, the bent grass 18-hole golf course designed by Joe Lee offers a quality golfing experience. Golfweek
praised this course as one of the “Top 50” developed courses in the southeast. Enjoy a professional golf staff and the fully appointed pro shop. Kenmure also offers a state-of-the-art fitness center with tennis courts as well as indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Yoga, Pilates, NIA, water aerobics, massage therapy and personal trainers are available. Dining is offered at the Kenmure Country Club, a gracious historic mansion dating to 1850. The fully restored mansion offers sweeping views across the golf course. Available memberships at Kenmure include golf, sports club and social.
Summary of Features
- Built in 1997
- 4 bedrooms; 4 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 4,200 square feet of living space
- Approximately 1,000 square feet unfinished space
- Designed by architect Doug Chase
- Spacious 3-car garage
- Natural gas heat
- Whole house generator
- 30 year architectural shingles installed 2005
- HardiPlank siding
- “Floodstopper” water leak detection system
- New gutters and downspouts installed 2005
- Energy efficient design
- Built-in TV with sound system
- Audio speakers on the main level
- Great room and kitchen remodeled in 2009
- Exceptionally spacious and bright great room with vaulted ceilings, stacked stone fireplace, access to deck and year round mountain views
- Formal dining room with tray ceiling and access to the screened porch
- Charming office with hardwood floors, 2 phone lines, cable hook-up, pocket doors and private views
- Very large master suite on main level with tray ceiling and deck access
- Main level guest suite with high ceilings and ensuite bath
- Floor plan ensure that all bedrooms in the home have privacy
- Large laundry room with built in cabinets on the main level
- Roomy lower level with huge family room, gas log fireplace, wet bar, built-in bookcase 2 bedrooms and lower deck
- Delightful back deck spans the entire length of the house and overlooks private view shed
- Breezy screened porch with cable hook-up, ceiling fan and mountain views
- Abundance of extra storage in 1,000-square-foot unfinished basement
The Kenmure Community
- 3.76-acre corner lot
- Exceptional private mountain views year round
- Easy care landscaping
- Only 1 block from access to hiking trails at the Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site
- Private gated golf community in Flat Rock, NC
- Stately mansion built in 1850 and fully restored as the community’s private clubhouse
- Onsite dining, banquet facilities and pro shop
- Heated swimming pools, tennis courts, fitness center
- Membership include golf, sports club, and social
- 18-hole Joe Lee designed golf course
- Numerous year round social events and gatherings
- 5 miles to dining and shopping in Hendersonville
- Easy access to I-26
Price | Inactive listing
Contact | For details, contact Sheelah Clarkson.
or call Sheelah