Custom Stone Home in Cliffs Valley Golf Community
This eye-catching architect-designed English stone cottage with stylish amenities boasts new construction and tree house ambiance. The open floor plan, vaulted ceilings, and wall of windows provide an abundance of natural light. Distinguished interiors include custom oak beam staircase, tongue and groove ceilings, reclaimed random width oak floors with square pegs and gourmet kitchen with Thermador appliances plus honed granite and Venatino marble island. The striking residence is the ideal size for today’s living or second home, this cottage offers delicious privacy, golf, and all amenities of The Cliffs. Easy access to both Greenville and Hendersonville.
The Residence |
Architect-designed by Brad Wright of Wright Designs, this exceptional new construction home features the ambiance of English cottage styling merged with contemporary, upscale amenities. Wide overhangs and passive solar design provide this residence with distinctive charm. The exterior offers a unique fusion of Tennessee stone, Carolina siding, and authentic European stucco. Notice the cedar shake and standing seam siding roof as well as the remarkable walls of glass which draw the outdoors inside. The home boasts three bedrooms, three full baths and a half bath, yet offers the small footprint and easy care features which support a carefree lifestyle.
Covered Porch |
Poised in a woodland setting on one end of the home, the covered porch offers a stunning authentic masonry fireplace, floors of Pennsylvania Bluestone. The porch is surrounded by handsome wood railings and a stone wall. Located just off the kitchen and dining area, the covered porch provides the perfect space for outdoor cooking and entertaining.
Great Room |
Enjoy open, breathable space in this remarkable great room with its vaulted tongue and groove ceiling and walls of ship lap poplar. The gleaming floors are reclaimed random width oak with square pegs. Walls of windows on both sides draw in sunlight and the natural surroundings. The authentic Rumford fireplace features Tennessee and North Carolina stone with gas log lighter. Full masonry extends all the way up to the roof.
This amazing gourmet kitchen offers style, space and charm. The massive center island boasts Valentino marble while the handsome countertops are honed black pearl granite. Custom inlay Shaker style cabinets provide plenty of storage. Appliances include a top of the line 5-burner Thermador gas cooktop with downdraft as well was Thermador oven, microwave, refrigerator and dishwasher. Notice the undermount stainless sink, designer satin nickel lighting from Restoration Hardware, and one-inch thick reclaimed oak floors. Located near the kitchen, the spacious laundry room provides granite countertops, undermount sink and washer/dryer hookups while a handy mudroom provides built-in pantry storage, sunny window seat and a glass door leading out to the covered porch.
Open to the kitchen and great room, this chic dining area provides a spot surrounded by windows and woodlands. Notice the exposed beams, designer chandelier and French doors leading out to the covered porch.
Master Bedroom |
Located on its own private wing, the main level master suite offers high ceilings and plenty of natural light.
Sleeping Porch |
This magical space is accessed from the master bedroom or the master bath area. Boasting a soothing tree house ambiance, the sleeping porch provides a quiet screened space with Brazilian Ipe decking and woodland surroundings. It’s the perfect spot to enjoy morning coffee, an afternoon nap, or deep nights filled with fireflies and wonder.
Master Bath |
In the master bath you’ll find slate floors plus his and her vanities with Brazilian slate countertops. The glass-front shower features subway tile, bench seating, and double shower heads. A large walk-in closet features built-in shelving and a sunny window. Handsome French doors lead out to the sleeping porch.
Lower Level |
Downstairs, the home features a large lower level with guest bedrooms, room for a wine cellar, and walk-out patio. Additional space includes plumbing for a sink or bar offers the ideal spot for a home theater with AV closet. The remarkable staircase is crafted with iron railings and locally milled solid oak treads.
This unique grotto which separates the two guest bedrooms boasts a barrel ceiling plus authentic European stucco and provides space for a fountain.
Guest Bedrooms |
Located on the lower level, the guest bedrooms offer large closets and French doors leading to the outside patio. One room provides access to its own covered porch.
Guest Baths |
Both guest bedrooms feature ensuite baths with Travertine tile floors and subway tile walls. There is a large walk-in shower in one bath and a tub/shower combo in the other. The main level powder room features a custom vanity of reclaimed wood and Pennsylvania Bluestone top. In this room, notice the sunny window, undermount sink and designer lighting.
The handsome two-car detached garage features remarkable stonework and cedar shake roof to match the styling of the house. Notice the spectacular stone archway. The upper level offers space for creating a home office or artist’s studio with bath. The garage is connected to the home by a covered portico.
This estate sized homesite offers 1.74 acres of carefully preserved landscape. The builder paid special attention to retaining the old growth trees, the large rhododendron and mountain laurel bushes near the house, and the rich woodlands on the site.
The Community |
Cliffs Valley is a private golf community located in the Blue Ridge Mountains between Hendersonville, North Carolina and Greenville, South Carolina. Surrounded by thousands of acres of forests protected by the Nature Conservancy, this master planned community features a Parkland-style championship golf course designed by Ben Wright and a collection of classic luxury homes set amid stunning mountain views. Residents enjoy the Old World style clubhouse with impeccable dining and an expansive wellness center featuring an indoor heated pool, Grecian spa, aroma therapy room, strength training equipment, massage treatment rooms and state–of–the–art cardiovascular fitness room.
The Location |
Cliffs Valley is located between the cities of Greenville, South Carolina and Hendersonville, North Carolina. Both cities are easily accessed within 15 to 20 minutes via a major 4-lane highway. The Asheville Regional Airport (AVL) and the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport are each less than 30 miles away. Shopping and dining is available in downtown Travelers Rest as well as nearby Flat Rock and Hendersonville. A wealth of culture, arts and outdoor adventures are available in the surrounding mountains and foothills.
Summary of Features
- Built in 2011
- 3 bedrooms; 3 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 2,750 square feet of living space
- English cottage styling merged with contemporary design
- Architect-designed by Brad Wright of Wright Design
- Cedar shake and standing seam roof
- Passive solar design
- Authentic European stucco
- Deep Tennessee stone veneer
- Carolina siding
- Zoned heating
- Round gutters and spouts
- Structural beams and rafters
- 15-year stain warranty from Cabot Stains
- Tankless Rinnai water heater
- Storage area with exterior entry on the lower level for tools and lawn equipment
- Detached two-car garage with stone and cedar shake roof to match the home’s exterior
- Covered porch with authentic stone masonry fireplace and Pennsylvania Bluestone floors
- Tongue and groove random-width reclaimed oak floors with square pegs
- Jeld Wen windows and all solid wood doors
- Post and beam construction with exposed beams
- Designer lighting throughout the home
- Great room with vaulted tongue and groove ceiling, walls of ship lap poplar, walls of windows on both sides and Rumford fireplace
- Gourmet kitchen with Valentino marble center island, honed black pearl granite countertops, custom inlay Shaker style cabinets, Thermador appliances
- Chic dining area surrounded by windows and woodlands
- Master on main with high ceilings and natural light
- Master bath featuring slate floors, his and her vanities with Brazilian slate countertops, glass-front shower with subway tile
- Screened sleeping porch with Brazilian Ipe decking
- Lower level with guest bedrooms, room for a wine cellar, walk-out patio and space for home theater
- Unique grotto with space for fountain water feature
- Two guest bedrooms with ensuite baths
- Guest baths feature Travertine tile floors and subway tile
- Main level powder room with custom vanity of reclaimed wood and Pennsylvania Bluestone top
Cliffs Valley Golf Community
- 1.74-acre estate sized homesite
- Homesite with numerous mature native hardwoods
- Mountain laurel and other native plants have been carefully preserved by the builder
- The site offers easy care landscaping
- Gated master planned golf community
- Championship 18-hole golf course designed by Ben Wright
- State-of-the-art wellness center with pool, spa and fitness room
- Clubhouse with fine dining and a variety of social activities
- Walking trails and tennis courts
- Easy drive to both Greenville SC and Hendersonville NC via 4-lane U.S. 25
- Golf memberships available from the community
- Easy access to the community’s clubhouse, restaurant, wellness center, pool, and tennis courts
- 14 miles to Travelers Rest SC
- 16 miles to Hendersonville NC
- 20 miles to Landrum SC
- 20 miles to Greenville SC
- 26 miles to the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
- 28 miles to the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- 40 miles to Asheville
MLS # | North Carolina Mountains MLS 520073
Price | Offered at $775,000 SOLD!
Contact | To schedule a private showing, contact Sheelah Clarkson
or call Sheelah