Journey's End Farm
30-Acre Horse Farm with Views to Glassy Mountain
Journey’s End Farm is an incomparable equestrian estate with sweeping views of Glassy Mountain, grand main residence, guest house, gated entry. The magnificently updated home features gourmet kitchen with Viking appliances and granite countertops; master suite with tray ceiling, claw foot soaking tub and honey quartz walls; well-appointed lower level with family room, stone fireplace, classic bar and full kitchen. Enjoy pool, meticulous landscaping, 3-bay garage. Equestrian amenities include 6-stall Morton barn with tack room, wash rack, misting system; equipment barn with loft apartment; outdoor arena; run-in shed; and board-fenced pastures.
The Entrance |
The gated entrance at Journey’s End Farm is constructed with huge stone columns and stylish wrought iron gates. The private paved drive, flanked by tall trees and board-fenced pastures, opens out to an unsurpassed view shed of the Blue Ridge escarpment.
The Residence |
This distinctive main residence affords a hillside setting overlooking dramatic year round mountain views. The home boasts three levels, solid brick exterior, superior steel frame construction, three separate HVAC systems, whole house generator and security system. The detached three-bay garage offers complimentary brick exterior with a large upper level suitable for storage or potential apartment.
The Views |
At Journey’s End Farm, you’ll feel as though you’re surrounded by your own private valley. In this pastoral setting, savor year round vistas across your own estate property to the landmark pinnacles of Glassy Mountain and Hogback Mountain.
The Foyer |
The distinguished foyer provides a sense of grandeur with high ceilings, wainscoting, handsome chandelier, four columns and double archways. The mahogany front door features leaded stained glass, side panels and beautiful curved moldings.
Great Room |
Elegant and dramatic, the great room offers two-story ceilings, oak floors, an arched brick fireplace with gas logs, and elegant wainscoting. From this room, you can enjoy year round views and spectacular sunsets across the backdrop of Glassy Mountain.
Chefs will appreciate this gourmet kitchen featuring granite countertops, custom cabinetry with glass fronts and a huge pantry. Enjoy an all-Viking stainless steel appliance package which includes a 6-burner gas stove, microwave, dishwasher, and side-by-side refrigerator.
Breakfast Room |
This bright space adjacent to the kitchen features a brick wall with wood burning fireplace, sun room ambiance, beautiful oak floors and wiring for large screen TV. Note the delightful pizza oven, ideal for entertaining guests and family.
Currently used as a piano room, the formal dining area offers a spacious and grand setting with oak floors, stately tray ceiling, large sunny windows, heavy moldings and impressive wainscoting. With easy access to the kitchen, this room offers remarkable views across the farm to the mountains beyond.
This delightful space features tray ceilings, recessed lighting and. oak floors. Sunny French doors lead outside to a private balcony overlooking the farm and mountains beyond.
Master Bedrooom |
Step into this restful and spacious master suite. Notice the attractive tray ceiling, oak floors and large walk-in closet. A private back deck offers the most delightful spot for morning coffee, right outside the bedroom, surrounded by nature.
Master Bath |
Stunning in all regards, this distinctive ensuite master bath features honey quartz walls and floors, glass front shower and tray ceiling plus his and hers undermount sinks in a custom vanity. The claw foot soaking tub by the window provides the ideal spot for Zen-like relaxation.
Guest Rooms |
The main residence includes three guest bedrooms. Each bedroom offers unique charm and character. One features a tray ceiling, two include a vaulted ceiling. All include oak floors, ample closet space and private views of the grounds. The nicely appointed guest baths offer a range of upscale features from extensive tile and designer sinks to Jacuzzi spa tub.
Entertainment Level |
Breathtaking and delightfully functional, this massive lower level boasts a full array of spaces for guest and family recreation. With a spacious pool table area by the window plus low-maintenance engineered wood floors, custom lighting, captivating archways and vaulted ceilings, the room is ideal for teens, family gatherings, parties and banquets.
The large banquet hall and full kitchen can easily accommodate 20 guests. The commercial kitchen features a 6-burner Fivestar gas stove, Fivestar double oven, triple stainless sink, Triton dishwasher, massive Frigidaire refrigerator, microwave, tile floors and abundant cabinet storage. The highlight of this level is the classic bar with granite countertops, bar sink and handsome oak cabinetry.
Family Room |
Located on the entertainment level, this exceptional family room commands special attention. At the heart of the room is a masterful stone fireplace with gas logs and hand crafted mantel. Two huge windows with wood blinds overlook the farm. Notice the recessed lighting and complimentary wood moldings. Just beyond the family room are a large laundry room with tile floor and a workout room with French doors leading out to the patio.
The home provides grand rocking chair covered porches on two levels. The upper level features low-maintenance Ipe decking. Both levels feature handsome columns, railings, custom lighting, and stellar year round mountain views. Outside the office on the second level is a private balcony with matching railings.
Located on the outside deck, just outside the entertainment level of the home, this luxurious pool provides the ideal setting for a cool summer dip or sunbathing. Enjoy panoramic mountain views and total privacy.
Set against the spectacular backdrop of Glassy Mountain, this 30-acre farm offers meticulous park-like landscaping. The property includes a stunning pergola with brick flooring, ornamental English garden and extensive landscape irrigation system. Enjoy a rich variety of plantings including Japanese maple, willow, viburnum, crepe myrtle and lace cap hydrangea. Paved driveways lead to the house and to both barn complexes while a circular drive at the house affords an abundance of easy parking. From nearly all points on the property, you’ll be swept away by year round panoramic views of the “Blue Wall” of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Guest House |
Tucked beneath a stand of tall trees and adjacent to the fenced pastures, this cute guest cottage offers a scenic and private setting. The home boasts its own separate paved drive and a full basement with two-car garage plus plenty of surface level parking. Inside, the home features an open floor plan with oak floors, gas-burning fireplace in the living room, open kitchen with granite countertops, dining room and three bedrooms. The master suite offers a sliding glass door which looks out to the pastures.
Equestrian Facilities |
For equestrians, Journey’s End Farm offers idyllic rolling terrain, board-fenced pastures with runway and run-in shed, established grass, and three barns. The 6-stall center aisle Morton Barn is located only a few steps from the house. This barn features skylights, sliding stall doors with upper grills, tack room, wash rack, misting system, hot and cold running water and electrical. A matching utility shed provides space for extra storage while paved road entrance offers easy access for farm equipment. The second barn features a large main level with workshop and space for equipment storage, RV parking or horse trailer parking. Upstairs is a trainer’s apartment with two bedrooms, one bath, kitchen and living area. The third barn offers additional machinery storage space. A large outdoor arena with French drainage system and a handy round pen complete the equestrian complex.
The farm offers proximity to year-round equestrian venues in the nearby Tryon-Landrum area, including state-of-the-art equine hospital, feed stores, tack shops, the Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE), and the new Tryon International Equestrian Center. Horsemen can enjoy numerous year round equestrian activities including Pony Club, two fox hunts, carriage club, horse shows and clinics, hunter pace series, the Tryon Riding and Hunt Club, and the annual Block House Steeplechase.
The Location |
Journey’s End Farm offers a stunning pastoral setting in the Carolina foothills with views to the spectacular Blue Ridge escarpment. Poised near the scenic Cherokee Foothills Parkway, this farm lies 10 miles to dining and shopping in downtown Landrum, 12 miles to I-26. The 1,886-acre Chestnut Ridge Heritage Preserve is only 4 miles away. The lively City of Greenville and the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP) are within an easy commute, only 20 miles from the farm.
Summary of Features
- Built in 2003
- 4 bedrooms; 4 full baths; 2 half baths
- Approximately 6,800 square feet of living space
- Brick exterior
- Steel frame construction
- 3 separate HVAC systems
- Whole house generator
- Security system
- 2 levels of long rocking chair porches with handsome columns and railings plus year round mountain views
- Brick patio with swimming pool and mountain views
- Detached large 3-bay garage with space above for storage or potential apartment
The Guest House
- Foyer with mahogany columns, double archways, and mahogany door with leaded glass
- Great room with hardwood floors, heavy moldings, arched brick fireplace, soaring ceilings
- Office with oak floors, tray ceilings and French doors leading to a private balcony
- Gourmet kitchen with all-Viking appliances, granite countertops, custom cabinetry
- Breakfast area with wood burning fireplace and sunroom ambiance
- Formal dining area with wainscoting, tray ceiling, large windows with mountain views
- Master suite with tray ceiling, oak floors, large walk-in closet and private back patio
- Master bath with honey quartz walls and floors, glass front shower, tray ceiling, double undermount sinks in a custom vanity and claw foot tub
- Guest bedrooms with oak floors, tray ceilings, large windows, spacious closets and custom baths
- Family room with grand stone fireplace, custom mantel and large windows
- Lower level laundry room and workout room
- Massive entertainment level featuring pool table area, classic bar with granite countertops, huge banquet hall and full commercial kitchen
- Separate paved entrance
- 3 bedrooms; 2 baths
- Steel-framed construction
- Private, natural setting surrounded by tall trees and fenced pastures
- Long covered front porch
- Gas burning fireplace
- Open kitchen with granite countertops
- Travertine tile in the bath
- Sliding glass doors in the master suite
- Washer/dryer combo in the hallway nook
- Full basement with double garage
- Plenty of parking
- 30.99 acres of rolling land
- Meticulous landscaping
- Magnificent pergola
- Ornamental English garden
- Rich variety of plantings including Japanese maple, willow, viburnum, crepe myrtle and lace cap hydrangea
- Stands of mature native hardwoods across the property
- Landscape irrigation system
- Paved drives to the house and both barn complexes
- Circular drive at house for plenty of easy parking
- Panoramic views of Glassy Mountain, Hogback Mountain, and the Blue Ridge escarpment
- Morton center aisle barn with 6 stalls, tack room, wash rack, skylights and misting system
- Large equipment barn for farm equipment or RV parking; includes workshop area below and trainer’s apartment above
- Storage barn
- Outdoor arena with French drainage system
- Round pen
- Plenty of space for parking horse trailers and vans
- Board fenced pastures with fenced runway
- Proximity to year-round equestrian venues including state-of-the-art equine hospital, feed stores, tack shops, FENCE, and the Tryon International Equestrian Center
- Horse farm
- Private estate
- Family compound
- Retreat center potential
- Located in Landrum, South Carolina
- Poised along the scenic Cherokee Foothills Parkway
- 4 miles to the 1,886-acre Chestnut Ridge Heritage Preserve
- 10 miles to downtown Landrum SC
- 12 miles to I-26
- 14 miles to Tryon NC
- 16 miles to Travelers Rest SC
- 20 miles to Greenville SC
- 20 miles to Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
- 30 miles to Spartanburg SC
- 30 miles to Hendersonville NC
- 40 miles to Brevard NC
- 50 miles to Asheville NC
Price | Offered at $2,700,000
Contact | For details, please contact
or call Sheelah