Bedford Hill Farm
World Class 62-Acre Equestrian Training Facility
near Tryon International Equestrian Center
Located just 2.5 miles from Tryon International Equestrian Center (home of the 2018 World Equestrian Games), Bedford Hill Farm is a state-of-the-art equestrian training facility on 62 acres. Features include gated entrance; 12-stall custom barn built in 2015 with office, tack room, large wash stalls, upscale trainer’s apartment; 4-stall Morton barn; Wordley Martin outdoor arena; 16 board-fenced paddocks and 3 pastures. The classic residence boasts upscale interiors, gourmet kitchen, oak floors, master on main, charming sunroom, rocking chair front porch overlooking majestic mountain views. Ideal as a private estate or commercial operation, Bedford Hill Farm is a world class equestrian facility for the discerning horseman.
The Residence |
Discerning buyers will appreciate the main residence at Bedford Hill Farm. The home offers zoned heating, seamless metal roof, and detached 2-car garage. From its private hilltop location, this beautifully appointed home boasts sweeping year round views of the pastures, barns and distant mountains.
The Foyer |
The foyer boasts with oak floors, recessed lighting and handy hall closet, and handsome entry door with transom.
Living Room |
Located at the back of the home, this distinguished living room offers privacy amid sun room ambiance. The room includes three sets of triple windows, private views to the back patio, handsome beadboard wainscoting and oak floors.
This upscale kitchen boasts granite countertops, custom handcrafted cabinetry, Kohler ceramic farmhouse sink, stainless appliances and spacious walk-in pantry. Adjacent to the kitchen is handy mud room at the back entrance provides sink, storage, and three sunny windows.
Breakfast Room |
Adjacent to the kitchen, this delightful room boasts period lighting and charming built-in seating at the window. Enjoy pleasant and sunny views to the south with your morning meal or afternoon snack.
This classic formal dining room boasts four sunny windows, custom chandelier, oak floors, and stunning mountain views. This handsome room is ideal for enjoying family gatherings and holiday meals.
Located at the front of the home, the handsome library features a wood burning fireplace, oak floors, built-in shelves, and windows with long range mountain views.
Master Suite |
The master suite is located on the main level of the home. Notice the oak floors, built-in storage, and private views from the large windows. The ensuite master bath features a laundry room with sunny window.
Guest Bedrooms |
On the upper level of the home you’ll find three light-filled bedrooms, an upstairs laundry, two full baths, two linen closets, and a welcoming sitting area for TV viewing. Guest rooms feature closets, built-in desks, and large windows for plenty of sunlight.
Porches & Decks |
The rocking chair covered front porch with recessed lighting, beadboard ceiling, and 24/7 views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. At the back of the home, the brick patio ideal for a private outdoor entertaining venue. A fenced yard for dogs is also located at the back of the home, next to the detached 2-car garage.
Equestrian Facilities |
Bedford Hill farm is a turn-key equestrian property with a 12-stall custom main barn built in 2015, a 4-stall Morton barn, a Wordley Martin outdoor arena, round pen, 16 board-fenced paddocks and 3 pastures. Located only 2 ˝ miles from the Tryon International Equestrian Center, home to the 2018 World Equestrian Games, this equestrian complex is the ideal training center for discerning equestrians.
Main Barn |
This is the ultimate professional barn. Constructed in 2015 by Trycon Builders LLC, the main barn boasts an “industrial modern” styling with clean lines, a concrete Hardi Plank (cement fiber) exterior and approximately 4,456 finished square feet of space. Epoxy paint on the interior stucco provides for easy power washing. The barn includes a Shoo-Fly spray system, roll-up doors, and standing seam metal roof. Outside, full RV Hook Ups with septic are provided. The barn apartment and outdoor arena have their own well.
The center aisle barn offers 12 stalls including 2 stallion stalls. Every stall features Lucas Equine stall fronts and doors. Pressure treated wood is used on stall doors. The ventilation system includes 3 cupolas and Schaefer Fans from Amberway Equine Fans. Notice rubber pavers throughout as well as the two extra large wash racks with fans and heaters.
Tack Room & Office |
In the tack room, you’ll find a sink, refrigerator, recessed lighting, concrete floors and double windows overlooking the outdoor arena. Next door, the office offers French doors, concrete floors, ceiling fans, wood ceiling, day bed, Skyrunner WIFI, ADT Security and views to the ring and the mountains beyond. Across the center aisle from the tack room and office is a handy laundry room and half bath.
Feed Storage |
The barn includes a large hay and feed storage area with roll up doors and easy access for large delivery vehicles.
Trainers' Apartment |
This bright and fully outfitted apartment is located at the back entrance of the barn. Ideal for use as trainers’ quarters, the apartment includes a dining area, sitting area, bedroom, full bath and easy-care stained concrete floor throughout. The kitchen has granite countertops, Whirlpool stove, undermount sink, stainless appliances, side-by-side refrigerator and microwave.
Paddocks & Pastures |
On the 62 acres of Bedford Hill Farm, you’ll find 16 board fenced paddocks (12 in the front near the main barn; 4 in the back near the Morton barn). In addition, there are 3 board-fenced pastures, a 2015 run-in shed, an open riding field, and on-site riding trails.
Bedford Hill Farm features a 130 X 230 Wordley Martin arena with full PJ Jump Collection (jumps convey) and “sitting fence” as well as a Wordley Martin arena groomer. Built in 2015, the arena boasts Worley Martin GGT footing installed out of Wellington.
Morton Barn |
Built in 2002, the Morton barn of approximately 40X48 offers center aisle, 4 stalls, cedar siding, storage and tack area, upper loft, and rubber mats throughout. This barn is located close to the main residence.
Located just 2 ˝ miles from Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC), home of the 2018 World Equestrian Games, Bedford Hill Farm offers the ideal location for professional equestrians. The farm is adjacent to the Green Creek Hounds hunt territory, 4.5 miles from Cleghorn Plantation Golf Resort, 11 miles from downtown Columbus NC and 12 miles from Interstate 26. The larger cities of Asheville, Hendersonville, Spartanburg and Greenville are easily accessed by I-26. Airports in the region include Rutherford County, Asheville Regional (AVL), Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) and the Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT).
Summary of Features
- Built in 2002
- 4 bedrooms; 3 full baths
- 24/7 long range mountain views
- Circular drive at the front
- Seamless metal roof
- Encapsulated crawl space with dehumidifier
- Zoned heating and AC
- Culligan commercial water unit with new pumps (pumps 20 gallons per minute)
- Wood siding
- Brick walkway at back entrance
- Charming picket fenced side yard
- Rocking chair covered front porch with recessed lighting, beadboard ceiling, and 24/7 views
- Brick patio at the back of the home, ideal for a private outdoor entertaining venue
- Fenced yard for dogs at the back of the home
- Covered walkway from 2-car garage
- Detached 2-car garage built in 2002 (approximately 576 square feet)
- Private hilltop setting with sweeping views of the pastures, barns and distant mountains
- Stunning interiors with upscale professionally designed décor befitting a fine country estate home
- Entry hall with oak floors, recessed lighting and handy hall closet, and handsome entry door with transom
- Library with wood burning fireplace, oak floors, built-in shelves, and windows with long range mountain views
- Mud room at the back entrance with sink, storage, and three sunny windows
- Magnificent kitchen with granite countertops, custom handcrafted cabinetry, Kohler ceramic farmhouse sink, stainless appliances and spacious walk-in pantry
- Delightful breakfast room adjacent to kitchen with period lighting and charming built-in seating at the window
- Classic formal dining room with custom chandelier, oak floors, and stunning mountain views
- Master suite on the main level with oak floors, built-in storage, ensuite master bath and laundry room with sunny window
- Distinguished and private living room/sun room with three sets of triple windows, private views to the back patio, handsome beadboard wainscoting and oak floors
- Upper level with three light-filled bedrooms, upstairs laundry, two full baths, two linen closets, and sitting area for TV viewing
- Guest room feature closets, built-in desks, and large windows for plenty of sunlight
The Main Barn
- 62.37 acres
- Gated entrance
- Rolling terrain
- Natural spring
- Private pond
- Established grass and hayfields
- Septic system with 4 septic tanks
- Two wells (one for house, one for main barn and irrigation for ring; second well can also serve the house for back-up)
- Two irrigation tanks (1800 gallons each)
- Sprinkler system (900 gallons in 9 minutes)
- All buildings have their own electric box (provider is Rutherford Electric - REMC)
- Gravel drives to barns and house
- State-of-the-art barn
- Constructed in 2015 by Trycon Builders LLC
- “Industrial modern” styling with clean lines
- Approximately 4,456 finished square feet (per tax records)
- Concrete Hardi Plank (cement fiber) exterior
- Standing seam metal roof
- 12 stalls, including 2 stallion stalls
- Two extra large wash racks with fans and heaters
- Epoxy paint on the stucco for easy power wash
- Pressure treated wood on stall doors
- Shoo-Fly spray system
- Fireproof glass
- Ventilation system with 3 cupolas Schaefer Fans from Amberway Equine Fans
- Rubber pavers throughout
- Lucas Equine stall fronts and doors
- Large tack room with sink, refrigerator, recessed lighting, and double windows overlooking the outdoor arena
- Laundry room with storage and window
- Office with French doors, concrete floors, ceiling fans, wood ceiling, day bed, Skyrunner WIFI, ADT Security and views to the arena and the mountains beyond
- Full RV Hook Ups with septic; One 50-amp plus two 30-amps
- Treadmill and Aqua Spa hookup (30 amps each)
- Hay and feed storage area
- 3 steel roll-up doors
- LED lighting
- Equestrian complex (barns, apartment, ring, paddocks) has been rented on a monthly basis to TIEC exhibiters
- The barn, barn apartment and outdoor arena have their own well (7 gallons per minute)
The Morton Barn
- Approximately 650 square feet of finished area (per tax records)
- Fully outfitted apartment on the main level (sleeps four to five when rented)
- Central AC and Central electric heat
- Dining/sitting area
- Kitchen with granite countertops, Whirlpool stove, undermount sink, stainless appliances, side-by-side refrigerator, microwave
- Recessed lighting, ceiling fan, high ceiling
- Stained concrete floor throughout
- Bedroom with two double bunk beds (four beds total)
- Full bath with shower and outside access
- Skyrunner WIFI
- ADP Security system with fire/smoke/cameras and carbon monoxide detectors
Arena, Paddocks and Pastures
- Morton Barn with 4 stalls
- Built in 2002
- Rubber mats throughout
- Cedar siding
- Has been refurbished and transformed from a workshop to a horse barn
- This barn uses well water shared with the main residence
- Approximately 40X48 and 1,920 square feet per tax records plus 384 square feet of storage
- 130 X 230 Wordley Martin arena with full PJ Jump Collection (jumps convey) and “sitting fence”
- Wordley Martin arena groomer
- Arena built in 2015
- Footing is Worley Martin GGT footing installed out of Wellington
- Round Pen
- Manure Bin
- 16 board fenced paddocks (12 in the front; 4 in the back) – Kentucky Horse Fence
- 3 board-fenced pastures (1 in the front; 2 in the back)
- Open riding field and on-site trails
- Run-in Shed in one pasture: 8X12 and 96 square feet and built in 2015
- Located in Tryon, North Carolina
- 2 ½ miles to Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC), home of the 2018 World Equestrian Games
- Adjacent to Green Creek Hounds hunt territory
- 2 miles to 4-lane U.S. 74
- 4.5 miles to Cleghorn Plantation Golf Resort
- 10 miles to Rutherfordton NC
- 11 miles to downtown Columbus NC (county seat)
- 12 miles to Interstate 26
- 16 miles to Rutherford County Airport
- 16 miles to the Green River Gamelands
- 19 miles to Lake Lure NC
- 25 miles to Hendersonville NC
- 30 miles to Spartanburg SC
- 38 miles to the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- 35 miles to Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
- 45 miles to Asheville NC
- 45 miles to Greenville SC
- 65 miles to the Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT)
MLS | North Carolina Mountains MLS #3234307
Price | Offered at $3,850,000
Contact | For details, please contact Sheelah Clarkson
or call Sheelah
Contact Form |
You may also contact us by using the contact form below.