Crowning Jewel of The Farms at Mill Spring
Distinctive French country home based upon design by Charlotte, NC architect Frank Snodgrass’ Living Concepts “Le Doux” French Provincial Style Home. The property is situated on 23 acres in the equestrian area of Polk County near Tryon, North Carolina. This home with approximately 5700 square feet of living space has matchless contemporary finishes like custom cabinets, walnut floors, unique granite countertops, turret over breakfast area and in the master bedroom, three fireplaces, and many additional must-see features. Four bedrooms, four and ½ baths, with extra rooms for crafts, exercise or office further accentuates this property with one of a kind luxury enveloped within the spectacular North Carolina foothills.
The Residence |
Built in 2010, this home extols many fine amenities beginning with the approach to the house winding up a gravel drive to open onto a grand, paved circular drive. Exterior landscaping design is contoured to the circular driveway which gives this estate well-dressed curb appeal. The attention to detail in the design and multi-textured architectural features of the exterior enhances the regal essence of the property. The interior features are equally impressive and combine to present a total royal estate. Please review the Summary of Features for amenities too numerous to include in this paragraph.
The Foyer |
The double front door entrance welcomes you to the grand expanse of the great room. The foyer delineates the formal dining area from the living space with arched openings. An elegant pendant light is featured with companion chandelier in the dining room. The open floor plan allows easy one-level living and offers a great space for entertaining family and friends.
Great Room |
The great room flows from the foyer and has an exquisite focal point with built-ins surrounding the fireplace. Posh walnut floors and a warm color scheme invite a relaxed atmosphere to a luxurious environment. Featuring built in cabinets and custom walnut mantle designed by Kingdom Woodworks of Atlanta with Coronado cultured stone stacked fireplace extending from floor to 23 foot high ceiling. Eight foot French doors open to the rear terrace and space easily flows into the kitchen.
The dining room with tray ceiling compliments the great room configuration and continues the ease of an open flow for everyday living or when entertaining.
From the living area, the kitchen continues the open flow of the great room. As you walk into the kitchen, notice all the attention to the fine details of the kitchen design! Cabinetry and hardware designed by Kingdom Woodworks of Atlanta, Georgia with many custom features including self-closing drawers, utensil organizers, built in garbage bins, pull-out shelves and baking tray storage. The large island with hand-hammered copper farm sink and exotic granite countertops accentuate the cabinetry. Stainless Steel appliances including GE Monogram duel fuel stove with gas cooktop, electric oven/convection combination and built- in Advantium microwave/convection oven & Bosch dishwasher add to the elegant ambiance of this grand room. Additional features include an industrial exhaust fan, incinerator disposal and a built-in custom cupboard with walnut countertop, plate rack and glass shelves. Carlyle wide plank hand hewn walnut floors continue throughout the kitchen.
Breakfast Room |
More detail in design! The breakfast area is situated off the kitchen with lots of windows to bring in the surrounding view. The turret ceiling is clad in stained wood and features an oil rubbed bronze chandelier suspended from the center.
Sun Room |
From the kitchen, enter the sun room through pocket French doors. This bright and airy space is flanked by a fireplace of Coronado cultured stacked stone and custom hand hewn walnut mantle cut from a local forest. Walls of windows bring in light and views of the surrounding landscape. Separate heat and air zone, Pella windows and doors, ceramic tile floor, a tropical style ceiling fan and built-in speakers as part of the whole house sound system are fine amenities included in the design of this space. An exterior door exits the sun room to the upper terrace along the back of the house.
Master Bedroom |
The master bedroom suite is located on the main level off the great room and compliments the main level living design. Asitting area features turret with painted wood ceiling and vintage styled light/ceiling fan. Complimentary lighting fixture and plush Shaw Stainmaster carpet throughout the bedroom complete the comfort and style of this space. The bedroom has access to the upper terrace. Complimented by a large walk-in closet which opens by pocket door and expansive master bath, this master suite is a true retreat for the master and mistress of the estate. For the accommodation of much needed household storage, the attic storage is accessed through pull down stairs in the master closet.
Master Bath |
Custom painted and glazed cabinets from Kingdom Woodworks of Atlanta and Noche travertine bowl sinks with oil-rubbed bronze fixturesbegin the statement of elegance in the master bath. Marble countertops along with a seated vanity space and hideaway cabinet for appliances continue the attention to fine details in the bath design. A Jaccuzzi spa bathtub and open walk-in travertine shower with recessed inserts and soap shelves, Italian travertine 18’ x 18’ inch tile flooring and built-in linen closet cabinetry with self-closing doors complete the stated elegance. Completing the experience is the ceiling fan and lighting features which provide soft ambiance in the bath.
Upper Level |
The staircase from the main level to the upper level is adorned with a local made custom wrought iron railing which continues across the loft area overlooking the great room. Many uses for the loft area include an office, study, library with reading area or toy room. A guest suite and a storage closet complete the upper level living area.
Guest suite has separate zoned heat and air. Uses could include a guest retreat or an office for a home business. Guest bath features marble sink, travertine tile floors and spa shower. Vanity is custom by Kingdom Woodworks and features a Kohler sink and Price Phister faucets.
Upper level has multiple Internet connections in open loft area and guest suite to accommodate personal or professional media requirements.
Powder Room |
A well-appointed powder room is accessed off the kitchen and great room. Among the features are a Kohler Vanity with woven basket drawer on lower shelf and antique Italian travertine sink with Price-Phister oil rubbed bronze faucet. Antique Italian travertine tile compliments the floor.
Lower Level |
Living space begins with family room, custom built bar area, wine cellar alcove and two bedrooms with en suite baths. A craft or exercise room with ample lighting and etched glass French doors are options for the lower level space. A third bay garage or potential workshop with utility sink in the mechanical room complete the lower level.
Family Room |
The focal point of the lower level family room is the Coronado cultured stacked stone fireplace with custom cherry mantle hand hewn from local forest. Pennsylvania Bluestone hearth surrounds the fireplace. Flooring is Shaw Stainmaster carpet with ceramic tile in the wet bar area. A bar sink and KitchenAid appliances including a beverage refrigerator and built-in ice maker are must-have amenities. The custom cherry cabinetry was designed by Kingdom Woodworks of Atlanta with many extras including wine glass racks, glass shelves, built- in double garbage cabinet, glass shelves, built in lighting, appliances, bar sink, bar faucet, exotic granite countertops, tumbled marble and mirror tile backsplash and pendant lights. Ceiling fan with light, built in speakers for surround sound and spotlight lighting further enhance this exceptional living space.
Guest Room |
Tray ceiling, ceramic tile floors, ceiling fan and walk-in closet are the outstanding features of the guest room. Ceramic/marble bath with exotic granite countertops, custom vanity by Kingdom Woodworks of Atlanta, custom mirror, sink, tub, and toilet by Kohler and brushed nickel faucets by Price Pfister are a few of the amenities begging to be mentioned.
Pool Bath, Lower Level Terrace, Guest Bedroom |
Located on the lower level opposite the family room, this bath has an exit door to the outside covered terrace with fireplace and proposed pool area. Features include over-sized spa shower, ceramic tile, glass tile trim and accents, exotic granite countertop, restored antique mirror over vanity with brushed nickel faucets by Price Pfister. The custom vanity is by Kingdom Woodworks of Atlanta. Bath also has access to the connecting bedroom which could serve as an exercise room, guest room or office.
The Property |
The property has 23.06 acres of combined pasture and woodlands with a creek and pond. Partial mountain views. Excellent property for an equestrian farm.
The Location |
The Farms at Mill Springs is a private equestrian community located near Tryon NC and is only minutes from the proposed Green Creek Equestrian Park. Close proximity to NC Hwy 74 and NC Hwy 108 allows easy access to Rutherfordton and only a 1½ hour drive to Charlotte, NC. NC Hwy 74/NC Hwy 108 also connects with I-26 for easy commute to the Hendersonville/Asheville NC or Spartanburg/Greenville SC areas. Just 20 minutes from Landrum, SC and the Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE), Tryon and Columbus, NC for shopping, dining and entertainment.
Summary of Features
- Built 2010
- 4 bedrooms; 4 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 5700 square feet of living space
- Design by Charlotte-based architect Frank Snodgrass - Living Concepts “Le Doux” French Provincial Style Home
- 23.06 acres
- Built-in cabinets and custom walnut mantle designed by Kingdom Woodworks of Atlanta
- Coronado cultured stone stacked fireplace from floor to ceiling
- Eight-foot French doors open to terrace
- Open living to dining room with tray ceiling
- Entry is glass French double doors
- Ceiling height is 23 feet
- Upper terrace Pennsylvania Bluestone
- Terrace has custom wrought iron railings
- Mendota Grande gas log fireplace
- Extra long blade ceiling fan
- Canned lighting and spotlights
- Elegant pendant light in entry and companion chandelier in dining room
- Arched entry ways and doorways
- Cabinetry and hardware designed by Kingdom Woodworks of Atlanta
- Many custom features including self-closing drawers, utensil organizers, built in garbage bins, pull-out shelves, baking tray storage.
- Large island with hand-hammered copper farm sink
- Exotic granite countertops
- Stainless steel appliances including GE Monogram duel fuel stove with gas cooktop, electric oven/convection combination and built- in Advantium microwave/convection oven & Bosch dishwasher
- Industrial exhaust fan and incinerator disposal
- Built-in custom cupboard with walnut countertop with plate rack and glass shelves
- Carlyle wide plank hand hewn walnut floors
- Pocket French doors to sun porch
- Mendota gas fireplace
- Custom hand hewn walnut mantle cut from local forest
- Coronado cultured stacked stone fireplace
- Pennsylvania Bluestone hearth for fireplace
- Pella windows and doors
- Tropical style ceiling fan
- Built-in speakers for whole house sound system
- Separate zone for heat and air
- Exterior door to upper terrace
- Ceramic tile floor
- Ceiling in turret clad in stained wood
- Lots of windows to bring in surrounding view
- Oil rubbed bronze chandelier suspended from center of turret
- Sitting area features turret with painted wood ceiling and vintage styled light/ceiling fan
- Plush Shaw Stainmaster carpet throughout
- Door to upper terrace with Pennsylvania Bluestone and custom railings
- Large walk-in closet opens by pocket door
- Access to attic storage through pull down stairs in master closet
- Custom painted and glazed cabinets from Kingdom Woodworks of Atlanta
- Noche travertine bowl sinks with oil-rubbed bronze fixtures
- Jaccuzzi spa bathtub
- Italian travertine 18 x 18-inch tile flooring
- Open walk-in travertine shower with recessed inserts and soap shelves
- Built-in linen closet cabinetry with self-closing doors
- Ceiling fan and lighting features provide soft ambiance in bath
- Price-Phister oil rubbed bronze fixtures and marble countertops
- Seated vanity space and hideaway cabinet for appliances
- Kohler vanity with woven basket drawer on lower shelf
- Antique Italian travertine sink
- Price-Phister oil rubbed bronze faucet
- Italian antique travertine floor tiles
Laundry Room and Service Area
- Locally made custom wrought iron railing up stairs and across loft area
- Loft area overlooking great room - use as office, study, library or toy room
- Large guest suite with bath and two closets with separate zoned heat and air
- Guest bath features marble sink, travertine tile floors and spa shower
- Custom vanity by Kingdom Woodworks, Kohler sink and Price Phister faucets
- Ceiling fans in all rooms with one zone for heat and air
- Additional bedroom with closet plus a separate storage room
- Upper level has multiple Internet connections in open loft area and guest suite
- Custom etched glass laundry room pocket doors
- Limestone tile floors in laundry room
- Built-in ironing cabinet with hide-away ironing board and light
- New Samsung front loading washer and dryer on pedestal with pull out storage
- Utility sink with spray faucet
- Coat closet in hallway to garage
- Walnut floors in service hallway
- Door off hallway to front portico
- Custom coach garage doors made in Atlanta with Liftmaster openers
- Large two car garage with finished floor
- Features family room, custom built bar area, wine cellar
- Two bedrooms with en suite baths
- Craft or exercise room with ample lighting and etched glass French doors
- Third bay garage for potential workshop with utility sink in mechanical room
- Coronado cultured stone stacked with Mendota gas log fireplace
- Custom cherry mantle hand hewn from local forest
- Pennsylvania Bluestone hearth surrounds fireplace
- Shaw Stainmaster carpet and ceramic tile in wet bar
- Bar sink and KitchenAid appliances: beverage refrigerator and built-in ice maker
- Kingdom Woodworkers of Atlanta custom cherry cabinetry
- Custom bar designed by Kingdom Woodworks of Atlanta with many extras, wine glass racks, glass shelves, built- in double garbage cabinet, glass shelves, built in lighting, appliances, bar sink, bar faucet, exotic granite countertops, tumbled marble and mirror tile backsplash, pendant lights
- Ceiling fan with light, built in speakers for surround sound, spotlight lighting
Guest Room with ensuite Bath
- Exit door to outside covered terrace with fireplace (pool area)
- Access to connecting bedroom, exercise room, guest room or office
- Ceramic tile bath, with glass tile trim and accents, exotic granite countertop
- Restored antique mirror over vanity with brushed nickel faucets by Price Pfister
- Custom vanity by Kingdom Woodworks of Atlanta
- Tray ceiling, ceramic tile floors, ceiling fan and walk-in closet
- Ceramic/marble bath with exotic granite countertops, custom vanity by Kingdom Woodworks of Atlanta and custom mirror
- Sink, tub, and toilet by Kohler and brushed nickel faucets by Price Pfister
- Lower level terrace with ceiling fans
- Pennsylvania Bluestone floor
- Outdoor wood burning fireplace with gas starter
- Double Queen copper chimney pots
- Copper chimney cap for outdoor fireplace
- Copula with copper running horse weathervane
- Two copper finials
- Exterior of Coronado cultured stone
- Aged brick trim
- Whole house generator
- Madera concrete roof tiles from California
- Five zone heating and air
- Entire house has eight foot interior/exterior doors
- Heat pump with gas back-up
- Termite bond with Terminix - rolls over to new owner
- Security system with control in master bedroom and service hall
- Security system has motion detection and select window sensor protection
- Central vacuum system throughout house
- Wrought iron balcony outside guest room, for architectural appearance,
- Well water analysis was excellent. Water is extremely pure and clean
- Pennsylvania Bluestone walkway to portico and concrete circular driveway
- Electrical outlet for front formal garden area (possible fountain or lighting)
- Custom solid oak beams hand selected from local forest, 3 in front of garage, 1 in rear of house built in above terrace
- Property has creek and pond as well as pasture and woodlands
Price | Currently not listed. Call for details.
Contact | For details, please contact Ann Wigely.
or call Ann at