10-Acre Equestrian Estate near Asheville, North Carolina
Savor the ultimate appointments of Pebbledash Farm, a picturesque 10-acre private estate in the coveted Cane Creek Valley of Asheville NC. This property offers the ultimate setting for event center, vacation rental, horse farm, wedding venue or private home. The spectacular custom designed French Country residence features a pebble dash exterior with dry stacked Virginia fieldstone accents and copper gutters. Inside, enjoy geothermal HVAC; gourmet kitchen with Dacor stove and Mouser cabinetry; granite and marble countertops; surround sound; main level master suite with tray ceiling and spa tub. This magnificent equestrian property boasts three gated entrances, bold creek and stunning pond with waterfall and custom bridge plus immaculate landscaping. For equestrians, the property offers two fenced pastures, run-in shed and Morton barn with two-bedroom apartment for trainers or caretakers. For sports car or antique car enthusiasts, the Morton building includes massive vehicle storage space.
Gated Entrances |
This estate boasts three gated entrances, two with stone columns, keypad security and remote entry. The third gate provides separate and private access to the guest apartment. The primary entrance is an attractive tree-lined paved drive leading to a convenient circular driveway with antique cobblestone pavers at the main residence, then continues to the garage.
The Residence |
Top of the line finishes and a wealth of amenities are evident throughout this fine estate home. The four-bedroom residence boasts a copper half round guttering system, central vac and automatic propane Generac generator system. All exterior windows and doors are true divided light with clad exterior and wood interior. The residence also features a security system with two key pads, surround sound system on both levels, and complete data wiring systems throughout. The home has been carefully oriented to take full advantage of idyllic countryside views across the private pond to the mountains beyond.
The Foyer |
The residence boasts a stunning custom mahogany front door leading to a grand two-story foyer. Notice the exquisitely crafted grand staircase, hardwood floors and distinguished chandelier. Arched doorways on three sides frame this foyer with elegance.
Dining Room |
Enjoy dining with distinction. Featuring a wall of windows that captures the private mountain views, this room offers a truly gracious setting. Notice the gas fireplace, built-in cabinetry and stained oak floors with a premier water based floor finish. Enjoy direct access to the kitchen and the covered back deck.
Living Room |
Located adjacent to the kitchen, this remarkable space features a stunning box beam ceiling, gas fireplace, surround sound and built-in cabinetry. You’ll also appreciate the sophisticated accommodations for all media including music, DVD, Sony 50-inch TV and Blu-ray optical disc storage system. With easy access to the covered back and a nearby half bath, this room looks out onto pristine countryside vistas.
At the heart of the home, this gourmet kitchen provides every delight for the chef. From the tiled floors, breakfast bar and granite countertops to the Mouser cabinetry with inset doors and antique finish on solid maple, this room offers craftsmanship, convenience and style. The appliance package includes a 6-burner Dacor stove with two ovens, Kitchen-Aid refrigerator and dishwasher and Kohler fixtures. Nearby, you’ll find a convenient pantry with floor-to-ceiling storage and an office nook featuring a built-in desk with matching granite top. Down the hall, a handy utility room includes a Kenmore Elite washer and dryer plus Kohler sink, sewing nook and built-in cabinetry.
Sitting Room |
Featuring lovely arched doorways, this room offers easy access to both the kitchen and the great room. Highlights include an arched triple window, heavy crown molding, recessed lighting, elegant wall sconces, a stunning chandelier and oak floors.
Located just off the foyer, this private study includes a huge triple window and floor-to-ceiling built-in cherry cabinetry by Mouser. Also notice the heavy crown molding, recessed lighting and oak floors. The room is ideal for a home office or private library.
With an easily accessible location on the main floor, the laundry room features a spacious and bright space with tile floors, recessed lighting, high ceilings, custom cabinetry, handy sink, and a lovely arched window.
Master Bedroom |
The main level master suite offers privacy and spaciousness. A huge triple window opens out to the stunning countryside views. The bedroom features an exquisite tray ceiling with cove lighting plus direct access to the covered back deck. Roll-out screened transoms over the side windows allow for fresh airflow.
Master Bath |
Inviting and luxurious, this remarkable master bath includes a tiled shower featuring a Kohler shower tower with two adjustable shower heads and four body jets. The amazing Kohler chromotherapy spa tub offers an unparalleled experience that feels like bathing in a rainbow. This huge undermount tub boasts a Caledonia marble surround. You’ll also find a cherry vanity with double sinks and two custom designed walk-in closets.
Guest Bedrooms |
Upstairs, the home features three guest bedrooms. One offers a private bath and the other two are joined by a Jack and Jill bath. All baths include tubs with tile surrounds and Kohler fixtures while all bedrooms offer spacious walk-in closets and large windows with beautiful countryside views. All upper floor rooms have 9-foot ceilings.
Outdoor Venues |
The back of the home provides covered and screened porches plus a patio with antique cobble pavers. A lovely gazebo offers an additional intimate setting. These venues create the perfect spot for a family cook-out, guest entertainment or quiet relaxation amid magical views of your private pond and the towering mountains beyond.
This handsome 1,000-square-foot attached garage provides three bays for cars and one bay for smaller vehicles such as a motorcycle, golf cart or riding lawnmower. The stunning carriage style garage doors are 2 1/4-inch thick cedar and custom made by Designer Doors. The garage is accented with attractive carriage lighting, flanked by a stone wall and topped with a distinctive cupola and weather vane.
Equestrian Facilities |
For discerning equestrians, the property offers two fenced pastures, run-in shed and a handsome Morton multi-purpose building with over 5,000 square feet of space. The barn wing includes 4 stalls, center aisle, wash area, tack room and hayloft. An automatic heated water system runs to all stalls. The no-maintenance pasture fencing is top of the line 440 4-rail system steel fencing in bronzed color and powder coated to match the entrance gates. The estate is located in the immediate vicinity of other equestrian properties and within easy driving distance of riding trails at the Biltmore Estate, Pisgah National Forest and DuPont State Forest.
Guest Apartment |
Located in the south wing of the Morton structure, this upscale apartment has its own gated entrance and private access. Ideal for caretakers, trainers or guests, the apartment offers approximately 1,200 square feet with sunny windows, two bedrooms, galley kitchen, large living/dining area, one full bath and one half bath. Other features include nine-foot ceilings, security system, washer and dryer hook ups, and a one-car garage. Outside, the apartment boasts a sunny, south-facing patio area.
Vehicle Storage |
For the collector of luxury cars, sports cars or antique cars, this estate provides the ultimate in vehicle and equipment storage. In addition to the 4-bay attached garage at the main residence, you’ll have approximately 2,184 square feet of space inside the Morton utility building. This area features a security system and two 12-foot x 10-foot garage doors as well as a walk-in door. The facility is also ideal for easy storage of your boat, RV, tractor or farm equipment.
The Pond |
Shimmering and peaceful, this remarkable private pond serves as the centerpiece of the estate. Large enough for canoeing and stocked with bass and blue gill, the spring-fed pond provides a romantic setting. At one end of the pond is a large and meticulously landscaped recirculating waterfall with large stones and two falls. At the other end is a fountain with lights. Near the center, an enchanting arched bridge crosses the water. The bold creek which feeds the pond also runs along the edge of the property. Electrical runs to the arbor and the waterfall area, allowing for extensive outdoor lighting befitting a fairytale evening.
The Grounds |
Breathtaking, private and immaculately landscaped, this gracious estate offers 10 acres with year round mountain views. Across the property you’ll encounter small surprises: a lovely trellis bridge crossing a small stream; the delightful garden area with raised beds, fencing and trellis gate; a park bench tucked beside the pond. The grounds include numerous flowering annuals and trees that bloom from early spring until late fall. An extensive irrigation system provides water supplied by either well or creek.
The Location |
Poised in the idyllic Cane Creek Valley near Asheville, North Carolina, Pebbledash Farm is only 3.5 miles from shopping and dining, 9 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway and 14 miles from downtown Asheville. The Asheville Regional Airport (AVL) is just 10 miles away. Enjoy excellent schools and a premier location amid similar properties and high end private communities.
Summary of Features
The Main Residence
- 4 bedrooms; 3 full baths; 2 half baths
- Built in 2005
- Approximately 4,419 square feet of living space
- Custom designed French Country home
- Exterior of pebble dash stucco with dry stack Virginia fieldstone accents
- Two full stories and crawl space
- 50-year architectural shingles
- Copper half round guttering system
- Central vacuum system
- All exterior windows and doors are true divided light with clad exterior and wood interior
- Complete data wiring systems throughout home
- Automatic propane Generac generator system
- Security system with 2 key pads
- Well water with top of line filtering system
- Septic system
- Geothermal HVAC system, highly energy efficient, featuring top-of-the-line filter system and air-to-air exchange for house with 3 zoned areas
- Attached 1,000-square-foot garage with 4 cedar wood Designer carriage style garage doors featuring 3 bays for cars and 1 bay for ATV or motorcycle
- Screened porch and open covered porches, all with year round mountain views
- Rear patio with antique cobble pavers with year round mountain views
Equestrian & Vehicle Facilities
- Grand 2-story foyer with spiral staircase, chandelier and arched doorways
- 10-foot ceilings on main level and 9-foot ceilings on upper level
- Crown molding in every room of house
- Two stairways to upper level, one spiral staircase in foyer and one near the kitchen
- All trim and doors solid poplar wood
- All floors are tile or white oak dark stained hardwood with water-based floor finish
- All countertops either granite or marble
- Surround sound system on both levels
- Built-in TV systems in 2 bedrooms
- Dining room featuring gas fireplace, built-in cabinetry, French doors to porch and extraordinary countryside views
- Gourmet kitchen including 6-burner gas Dacor stove with two ovens; large KitchenAid refrigerator; 2 sinks; 2 garbage disposals; Mouser cabinetry with inset doors and antique finish on solid maple cabinetry; granite countertops with bar area and slate tile around backsplash; under counter lighting
- Breakfast nook with French doors to screened porch
- Gracious sitting room with arched doorway, triple window, heavy crown molding
- Living room featuring box beam ceiling, gas fireplace and surround sound with built-in cabinetry and all equipment for Blu-ray, music, TV, DVD, TV Sony 50"
- Office with French doors, arched triple windows, and built-in cherry cabinetry by Mouser
- Master suite on main level featuring tray ceiling with cove lighting, door to covered porch, triple window with private mountain views
- Master bath with Kohler whirlpool chromotherapy tub; 2 walk-in closets; tile shower featuring Kohler shower tower with 2 adjustable shower heads and 4 body jets; cherry vanity with double sinks
- Main level utility room with washer/dryer, Kohler sink, built-in cabinetry and sewing nook
- Upper level featuring 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms with tile
- Upper level game room with oak floors, double arched windows and surround sound
- Two fenced pastures with run-in shed and level terrain
- Fencing is top-of-the-line no-maintenance 440 4-rail system steel fencing that is bronzed color and powder coated to match the entrance gates
- Morton multi-purpose building with approximately 5,160 square feet includes barn, apartment and equipment storage
- Barn area includes 4 stalls, wash rack, tack room, hay loft and automatic watering system
- Caretaker’s/trainer’s apartment includes approximately 1200 square feet with 2 bedrooms, 1½ baths, security system, 9-foot ceilings, patio area, 1-car garage and separate gated entry
- Equipment storage area features approximately 2,184 square feet with security system, entrance to barn area, two 12-foot x 10-foot garage doors and walk-in door
- Easy access via the nearby gated entry with keypad security
- Plenty of level parking for horse trailers and vans
- 10 level acres with year round mountain views
- Stunning private countryside views across the valley to the mountains beyond
- Two 18-foot-wide automatic custom gate entrances with stone pillars plus key pad and remote entry
- Private 16-foot gated entrance to guest apartment
- Circular drive with antique cobble pavers at the main residence
- Pond with arched bridge, landscape lighting, re-circulating waterfall, spring-fed and creek-fed, stocked with bass and blue gill fish
- Bold creek along one side of the property
- Concrete driveway with texture in rear entrance area of house
- Fenced vegetable garden with raised beds, gated entrance and trellis
- Magnificently landscaped grounds with mature trees and plants which bloom from early spring to late fall
- Irrigation system for all landscaping throughout property supplied either by creek or well
- Poised in the idyllic Cane Creek valley of Fairview, North Carolina
- Countryside setting with excellent schools in an upscale area of the county
- 3.5 miles to shopping and dining
- 9 miles to the Blue Ridge Parkway
- 10 miles the Asheville Regional Airport
- 14 miles to downtown Asheville
MLS | MLS 3338931
Price | Offered at $2,900,000
Contact | To arrange for a private showing, please
contact Sheelah Clarkson.
or call Sheelah
Contact Form |
You may also contact us by using the contact form below.