Picturesque Small Horse Farm
9+ Acres with Classic Home and Morton Barn
Fall in love with this picture perfect horse farm near Tryon NC. The property boasts 9+ acres, classic home and stunning year round mountain views. Enjoy master on main, handsome living room with fireplace, Marvin French doors, gourmet kitchen with granite countertops, Bosch & stainless appliances. The spacious deck with pergola overlooks mountain vistas. Equestrians will appreciate board fenced pastures and 3-stall center aisle Morton barn with tack room and space for more stalls. The farm is located near the Motlow Creek Equestrian Center and proximity to the Tryon International Equestrian Center. From this delightful property, you’ll have easy access to all the Tryon area equestrian amenities, including FETA equestrian trails, tack shops, feed stores, and state-of-the-art equine veterinarian clinic.
The Entrance |
The approach to this idyllic farm is a paved drive leading between fenced pastures. The road leads to a circular drive at the barn, a circular drive in the front of the house, and to the attached garage at the side of the house. This entrance provides easy access for cars, trucks, and horse trailers as well as plenty of parking space.
The Residence |
Built in 1995 and upgraded by the current owners, this classic residence features 4 bedrooms with primary living space on the main level. The home includes approximately 2,800 square feet of living space, two heat pumps, Marvin Low E with Argon sliding glass doors, and new high quality vinyl siding on the exterior. The main level of the house is handicapped accessible with 3-foot interior doors and ramps leading from the garage to the kitchen and from the deck to the back yard. Pristine landscaping surrounds the home with flowering cherry, gardenias, crepe myrtle, oaks, magnolias, Washington Hawthorn, and redbud.
Living Room |
This welcoming living room boasts oak floors and a stone fireplace with new Peterson gas logs. Large windows look out to the back deck and the mountain views beyond.
Chefs will appreciate this lovely gourmet kitchen with granite countertops, oak cabinetry, double stainless sinks, and oak floors. Around the corner is a handy step-in pantry for storage. Bosch dishwasher and stainless Whirlpool refrigerator, stove, and microwave complete the appliance package. A charming breakfast nook at the window provides for informal dining with year round mountain views.
The formal dining room offers private views to the front of the house and easy access to the kitchen. Note the handsome chair rail, sunny double windows and attractive chandelier.
This delightful room at the front of the home features large bright windows, oak floors and ceiling fan. With glass pane pocket doors, this room is ideal for a den, library, private office or piano room.
Master Suite |
Step into the private master suite. Here, you’ll enjoy Marvin French doors leading out to the deck and pergola. The master bath features a frameless shower, his and hers vanities and tile floors. The huge walk-in closet is a room all its own with bright window and plenty of storage space.
Guest Bedrooms |
Upstairs, the home offers three guest bedrooms, full bath and access to an unfinished storage room. Two of the rooms feature charming dormer windows. The fourth bedroom is a large bright space with skylight which could also serve as a rec room, exercise room or family room. All rooms have spacious closets and ceiling fans. This entire floor has brand new carpeting throughout.
Guest Bath |
The lovely upstairs guest bath features granite counters, tile floors, tub/shower combo, double undermount sinks, and linen storage space.
Deck & Yard |
Enjoy outdoor dining, grilling, and family entertainment on this magnificent back deck. Running the full length of the house, the deck can be accessed from the kitchen, the living room and the master bedroom as well as from the back yard. The heavy duty awning with sturdy I-beam construction provides an ideal setting for year round fun. The beautiful pergola at the far end of the deck frames the long range mountain views. For dog lovers, this spacious back yard is fully fenced for your pets. Bordering the fence line, just outside the yard, are producing blueberry bushes and Muscadine grape vines.
From the deck and from every room at the back of the home, you’ll enjoy panoramic vistas overlooking a magnificent countryside setting all the way to the high mountains of the Blue Ridge Escarpment. The current owners say that these magnificent Big Sky views are just like “Colorado skies.”
Equestrian Amenities |
An ideal small farm for equestrians, this property offers level to rolling terrain and plenty of space to create an outdoor ring or covered arena. The farm offers proximity to year-round equestrian venues in the Tryon-Landrum area, including state-of-the-art equine hospital, feed stores, tack shops, the Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE), and the new Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC). Horsemen can enjoy numerous year round equestrian activities including Pony Club, two fox hunts, carriage club, horse shows and clinics, hunter pace series, the Tryon Riding and Hunt Club, and the annual Block House Steeplechase.
Morton Barn |
This beautiful center aisle Morton barn features tack room, electricity, water, and three matted stalls, each with its own turn out. Each stall provides an automatic waterer, corner feeder accessible from the center aisle, and stall guard. The space currently used for storage offers room for more stalls. With its hilltop position and the nearby massive oak shade tree on the South side as well vents, fans and insulation, this barn stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter. The barn offers an ideal location near the house for easy access.
Paddocks & Pastures |
This farm includes six fenced and cross-fenced pastures and paddocks, all with established grass. This provides the ideal set up for separation and grazing rotation.
The Location |
Poised in Carolina horse country near Tryon NC, this farm is only 2.5 miles from the Motlow Creek Equestrian Center and 7 miles to shopping and dining in downtown Landrum SC. Interstate 26 is only 7.5 miles away. The farm offers easy proximity to the Foothills Nature Equestrian Center (FENCE) and state-of-the-art Tryon Equine Hospital. From the farm, it’s only 15 miles to Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP) and 17 miles to dining and shopping in Spartanburg SC. The farm also offers an easy drive over to the Tryon International Equestrian Center.
Summary of Features
- Built in 1995
- 4 bedrooms; 2 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 2,800 square feet of living space
- Marvin Low E with Argon doors
- New high quality vinyl siding on the exterior
- Walls have 1” foil-faced insulation board below siding with R19 value
- Ceiling insulation is R49 value
- Energy Star audit by Duke Energy utilizing “Blower Door” tester
- 2 heat pumps
- Beautiful easy-care landscaping with numerous flowering shrubs
- Large fenced dog yard
- Asphalt drive with circular driveway
- Handicapped access
- Attached and insulated oversize 2-car garage
- Back deck extends the full length of the house and features a charming pergola
- Sweeping long range mountain views from the house all year round
- Floors of wood, tile, and brand new wall to wall carpet
- Handsome living room with vaulted ceiling and fireplace
- Gourmet kitchen with granite countertops, Bosch dishwasher, stainless appliances, built-in desk, breakfast nook at the window and Marvin sliding glass door leading to the back deck
- Formal dining area with views across the front pasture
- Master on Main with wood floors and Marvin French doors opening out to the deck
- Master bath with His and Hers vanities and frameless tile shower
- Huge master walk-in closet with sunny window
- Upstairs bedrooms with charming dormer windows
- Upstairs bath with granite countertops and tile floors
- Spacious and bright family room with skylight ideal for rec room or private office
- Laundry with new tile floor on the main level
- Both levels freshly painted
- New carpet on stairs and entire upper floor
- Center aisle Morton barn
- 36’ X 36’ with 7-foot covered porch and 10-foot covered porch
- 3 stalls with room for more stalls
- Tack room
- Open storage area provides room for additional stalls, if desired
- Electric and water
- Each stall has its own turnout into paddocks
- Fans and shade tree keep this barn cool in the summer
- Concrete poured around all sides of the barn
- Barn is located on the circular drive and within steps of the house for easy access to your horses
- Board fenced and cross-fenced paddocks
- Level terrain and established grass
- Easy access and parking for horse trailers and vans
- Located near the area’s equestrian amenities including tack shops, feed stores, Motlow Creek Equestrian Center, Foothills Nature Equestrian Center (FENCE), the FETA equestrian trail system, and the Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC)
- 2.5 miles to Motlow Creek Equestrian Center
- 7 miles to shopping and dining in downtown Landrum SC
- 7.5 miles to Interstate 26
- 12 miles to Tryon NC
- 12 miles to Foothills Nature Equestrian Center (FENCE)
- 12 miles to state-of-the-art Tryon Equine Hospital
- 15 miles to Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
- 17 miles to Spartanburg SC
- 22 miles to Tryon International Equestrian Center
- 22 miles to Greenville SC
MLS | North Carolina Mountains MLS 3180975 and 3181743
Price | Offered at $695,000
Contact | To schedule a private showing, please contact Sheelah Clarkson
or call Sheelah
Contact Form |
You may also contact us by using the contact form below.