Tryon NC Huntbox on 9.29 Acres
Innisfree Farm is a cute turn-key equestrian property on 9.29 acres featuring a 4-stall barn, handsome apartment above the barn, fenced and cross fenced paddocks, and easy management options. Located in the pastoral Green Creek area near Tryon NC, this property offers proximity to the area’s numerous equestrian venues and serves as the ideal hunt box.
The Residence |
With the contemporary upstairs apartment over the 4 stall barn, Innisfree Farm offers approximately 2200 square feet of living space. The three bedrooms and two baths make a comfortable home for full time or part time living. There are several building sites toward the back of the property in the woods where a large custom home could be built.
From the downstairs slate tile floor entry you can go up to the apartment or into the bonus room with bath on the ground level.
Great Room |
The stairs lead up to the open and comfortable living space. The sunny great room features ceiling fans, a small private balcony and hardwood floors.
This handy kitchen is compact and designed for the busy equestrian. Stainless steel appliances and wood cabinets make the kitchen a comfortable workspace.
There is a large master bedroom with access to the upstairs bath. Two additional bedrooms can be used as guest rooms, office or media room. All rooms upstairs have wood floors, solid wood doors and vinyl windows that are built for easy care cleaning. There are multiple closets and storage areas located in the upstairs apartment.
There are two full baths, one upstairs and one downstairs. Both have 4-foot showers.
Bonus Room |
Located downstairs, with a door to the outside, this room could be an office, additional sleeping or storage. A full bath completes the downstairs living space. The floors in the bonus room are laminate and there is a back-up heat source of a propane heater in this room only.
The Grounds |
This parcel of approximately 9.29 acres was developed with the horse owner in mind. Offering flat and usable land that is fenced and cross fenced, the acreage also has woods and a creek toward the back of the property. This area is ideal for a homesite, a covered arena, or additional pastures.
Equestrian Facilities |
Well thought out and designed for safety, this four-stall barn has all amenities required for a small horse farm. There are 4 12’ X 12’ stalls, 3 with rubber mats, and 12’X12’ outside courtyards for each stall. The stalls are constructed with heavy duty steel frames. The barn includes a wash rack with hot and cold water, a tack room with washer and dryer, built-in cabinets, a utility sink and an additional storage room for blankets and other items.
Farm Amenities |
Innisfree farm also features a custom 12’X36’ three sided storage barn with roll back roof structure system for easy management of loose shavings. One pasture includes a shed roof run-in shed. There are three pastures, approximately 1 to 2 acres each. One fenced pasture is easily adapted for horses and a perimeter safety fence. All pastures are cross fenced with three board fencing and approximately three acres are wired for invisible dog fencing. There is a 12-foot to 16-foot grassy track around the outside of the barn and pasture for training or conditioning. A 60-foot heavy steel round pen with sand footing conveys with the property.
The Location |
Located in the Green Creek area near Tryon NC, this property backs up to 1,000 acres of trails leased by the Green Creek Hounds and offers proximity to newly dedicated Green Creek Equestrian Park. The charming historic towns of Tryon, NC and Landrum, SC are less than 30 minutes away. Poised in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Innisfree Farm is about 20 minutes from I-26 and one hour from Asheville, NC.
Summary of Features
- Approximately 2200 square feet of living space on two levels
- 3 bedrooms; 2 full baths
- Energy efficient heat pump for heat and central air
- Vinyl pop-out easy clean windows
- Stainless steel appliances
- Solid wood interior doors
- Wood and vinyl floors upstairs
- Laminate and slate tile downstairs
- Two decks, front and back of upstairs
- Washer and dryer
- Two full baths with 4-foot showers
- 4 12X12 stalls, three with rubber mats
- 12 X 12 exterior courtyards for the stalls
- Heavy duty steel frames for each stall
- Tack/feed room with washer/dryer, cabinets, utility sink
- Storage room for blankets
- 60 foot heavy steel round pen with 4-inch sand footing
- 3 fenced horse pastures, one with run-in shed
- 1 fenced pasture easily adapted to horses
- Perimeter safety fencing
- Approximately 3 acres wired for invisible fencing for dogs
- 12- to 16-foot grassy track around barn and pastures for training or conditioning
- Woods and creek with bottom land for additional home site, pasture, arena, etc.
- Outbuilding 12X36 foot custom built storage barn with three sides for storage and roll back roof system to allow easy management of loose shavings
- Private well with approximately 30 gpm
MLS | North Carolina Mountains MLS 513196
Price | Reduced from $350,000 to $299,900 SOLD!
Contact | To schedule a private showing, please contact Ann Wigely:
or call Ann at
Cell Phone: 828.980.2100