Spring Valley Farm
At The Traces
Elegant 35-Acre Horse Farm Between Landrum & Tryon
THIS LISTING NO LONGER ACTIVE
Poised in a gracious setting amid English gardens, rolling pastures and massive oak trees, Spring Valley Farm is a truly elegant equestrian property offering the convenience of nearby shopping plus the advantage of smart business opportunities. The main residence is a regal, one-of-a-kind post and beam home with artful design and hand crafted antique appointments throughout. This 35-acre farm includes 2 barns, trainer’s apartment, irrigated ring, 2 pastures, 15 paddocks, 4-board fencing, buildable lots and desirable access to FENCE and FETA trails.
The Farm |
Spring Valley Farm provides a rich ambiance for discerning equestrians. Set amid rolling foothills along the prestigious Hunting Country Road, this idyllic 35-acre property provides an estate setting in the heart of Carolina horse country.
The Residence |
The one-of-a-kind residence features an artful design with hand crafted antique appointments throughout. The original structure has been carefully expanded with a dramatic post and beam addition completed in 2000. Outside, notice copper gutters and downspouts as well as the stunning brick and stone chimney with decorative clay toppers. The home boasts two separate Trane HVAC systems and hot water recirculation system. Inside, you’ll be surrounded by the glow of beautiful wood and antique doors.
Great Room |
Enter through the antique hand-crafted mahogany front door and step into this remarkable great room. You’ll be enchanted with the massive stone fireplace and the floor to ceiling windows overlooking pastoral views. The oak floors were reclaimed from an 1880s Amish barn and milled locally. On the south side of the home, sunny French doors open out onto a covered porch and the vineyard and English gardens beyond.
Kitchen & Dining |
Open to the great room, the handsome kitchen/dining area provides a luxurious setting for family meals. Beneath the elegant chandelier, there’s plenty of space for an extended dining table. The galley kitchen features a Viking range, Sub-Zero refrigerator, Fisher & Paykel dishwasher and top-of-the-line KraftMaid maple cabinetry. The center island offers breakfast bar seating, warming drawer and stainless bar sink. Adjacent to the kitchen is the mudroom with handy walk-in pantry, an abundance of storage, double stainless sink and additional dishwasher.
This charming alcove connects the expansive great room with the quiet bedroom wing of the home. A powder room featuring a hand-painted mural of the local horse country is located just off this alcove. Notice the hardwood floors and bead board ceiling. The handsome ball on the staircase post was crafted from a one-of-a-kind burl wood knot.
Master Bedroom |
Located in a hushed area of the residence, the private master suite boasts soaring vaulted ceilings with hand hewn poplar beams. The tall arched window overlooking the estate grounds provides a sunny ambiance.
Master Sitting Area |
In the master sitting area, you’ll find a handsome brick fireplace with an efficient Heatilator wood burning stove. Notice the high end aluminum clad and UV resistant Eagle doors with transom. There’s also a handy wet bar with granite countertops. This is the ideal spot for enjoying intimate evenings beside a crackling fire.
2 Master Baths |
The master suite features separate His and Her baths. In His bath, you’ll find a steam shower and cedar-lined walk-in closet with built-in shelving. In Her bath, a wall of windows brings in morning sunlight and offers views to a private garden area. Enjoy the relaxing corner spa tub, spacious vanity and large walk-in cedar-lined closet with built-in shelving and drawers. Notice the beautiful antique stained glass window and tile floors.
Guest Bedrooms |
The home includes two guest bedrooms, one on each floor. The lower guest room includes an ensuite bath, heavy crown molding and French doors with direct access to a quaint and private vine-covered sitting porch. The clever loft bedroom features open beamed ceilings, ensuite bath and a built-in handcrafted Murphy bed. The unique character of this room will be a hit with teens or guests.
Screened Porch |
On this breezy screened porch, you’ll enjoy the shady oak trees, landscaped grounds and views towards the English gardens and equestrian facilities. Notice the bead board ceilings and handsome wood doors.
Gardens & Grounds |
The exquisitely landscaped grounds at Spring Valley Farm feature an oversized koi pond with a 3-tiered waterfall. Nearby, the herb garden and irrigated vegetable garden provides fresh produce for the chef while the charming arbor is filled with climbing roses and scuppernong grapes in season. Throughout the beautiful English gardens, secret brick and stone walkways are appointed with elegant handcrafted columns and antique cast iron gates and fencing imported from England. Beyond, acres of rolling, board-fenced pastures offer an idyllic estate setting.
Spring Valley Farm includes 2 barns which have been updated with new siding, metal roofs/gutters and fresh paint. The main barn provides 13 stalls, feed room, half bath, tack room with new tack locker cabinets, and a nicely-appointed trainer’s apartment with full bath. New flooring, carpeting, refrigerator and washer/dryer were installed in 2009. The nearby lower barn includes 6 stalls, wash stall, tack room with AC, 2 workshops, storage room, and a shed for tractors and mowers. This convenient complex has provided the setting for a successful boarding barn business and also lends itself to the ideal setting for a private equestrian training center.
Equestrian Facilities |
Spring Valley Farm offers a full range of equestrian amenities including an irrigated outdoor ring, 2 pastures, 15 paddocks and distinguished 4-board fencing. There’s an additional storage barn for farm equipment and plenty of room for parking horse trailers and vans. The farm boasts desirable access to miles of private equestrian trails via the Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE) and Foothills Equestrian Trail Association (FETA).
Business Potential |
For the savvy investor, Spring Valley Farm is an ideal venue for business opportunities. The barn has been operated as a successful boarding barn offering full board, training and lessons. The facility is popular with boarders because of the convenient location, availability of paddocks and pastures, and access to FENCE and FETA equestrian trails systems. Because the farm offers paved roads and underground utilities, several existing lots on the farm could also be developed with new homes, providing the owner with lucrative sales or rental income. Please contact us to discuss the full range of options for business ventures.
The Location |
Spring Valley Farm is located only 3 minutes from dining and shopping in the quaint villages of Landrum SC and Tryon NC. With I-26 only 4 minutes away, the larger cities of Hendersonville, Asheville and Spartanburg are within easy driving distance. The Greenville Spartanburg International Airport (GSP) is approximately 25 minutes away. Horsemen will enjoy a full spectrum of local equestrian amenities including tack shops, feed stores, and a state-of-the-art equine hospital. Year round equestrian venues include dressage, fox hunting, carriage driving, hunter pace events and the annual steeplechase. At Spring Valley Farm, you’ll be next to the Foothills Nature Equestrian Center (FENCE) and only a few miles from the new Green Creek Equestrian Park.
Summary of Features
- Historic home with post and beam construction by Mill Creek of Saluda built in 2000
- 3 bedrooms; 4 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 3,200 square feet of living space
- 60-year architectural shingles
- Post and beam construction carefully expanding an original historic home
- Easy care Hardi Plank with stone and brick exterior
- Copper gutters and downspouts
- 2 separate Trane HVAC systems with propane backup
- Re-circulating hot water system (instant hot water from all sinks)
- 3 wells and septic systems
- Top of the line UV resistant, tinted EAGLE aluminum clad casement windows with double sided mullions
- Incredible stone and brick exterior chimney with decorative clay toppers
Gardens & Grounds
- Antique doors and hardware throughout
- Cathedral ceilings or 10-foot ceilings throughout the home
- Antique hand crafted mahogany front door with archway
- Oversized French doors opening out to the porch and garden
- Floor to ceiling stone fireplace in great room
- Oak floors reclaimed from 1880s Amish barn and milled locally
- Antique Dutch door opening out towards the equestrian facilities
- Galley kitchen with Viking range, Sub-Zero refrigerator, Fisher & Paykel dishwasher, bar sink, and top-of-the-line KraftMaid maple cabinetry
- Master bedroom on the main level with exposed hand hewn poplar beams
- Master sitting area with brick fireplace, bead board ceiling, wet bar and aluminum clad Eagle doors
- Laundry room off the master bedroom
- His and Her separate master baths
- Her master bath features cathedral ceiling, Jacuzzi spa tub, antique stained glass and large walk-in closet
- His master bath with hardwood floors, toilet and bidet, walk-in cedar lined closet
- Two guest bedrooms: one downstairs with full bath and private porch, the other a loft bedroom with full bath
- Screened porch with ceiling fan on west side of home
- Covered back porch overlooking the gardens
- 35.91 acres total
- Pastoral English garden on the sunny south side of the home
- Oversized koi pond with 3-tier waterfall and stone bridge
- Antique brick walls with cast iron fencing from Europe
- Extensive landscaping throughout the grounds
- Quaint garden shed with drive-in access on one side
- Massive oak trees, maple trees, fig trees and distinctive tea olive tree
- Large irrigated vegetable garden
- Herb garden adjacent to house
- Garden with brick benches and secret walkways
- 2 barns updated with new siding, metal roofs/gutters and fresh paint
- Main barn with 13 stalls, tack room, half bath, loft, feed room, trainers apartment with full bath
- Main barn also includes new tack locker cabinets, flooring, carpeting, refrigerator and washer/dryer installed in 2009
- Lower barn includes 6 stalls, wash stall, tack room with AC, 2 workshops, storage room, shed for tractors and mowers
- Pasture barn includes attached shed for farm equipment storage
- Oversized riding ring with sand footing
- 15 large, private paddocks with 4-board fencing installed in 2007
- Brick well pump house provides water for the ring
- 2 10-acre pastures
- Miles of 4-board fencing
- Direct access to miles of FENCE and FETA equestrian trails
- The ideal 1031 exchange property with tax advantages
- Superb boarding barn with complete amenities
- Excellent potential for an equestrian training center
- Multiple lots could be developed with additional residences or rentals for equestrian venues
- Paved roads, underground utilities and brick/stone culverts provide the setting for an elegant equestrian-themed residential subdivision
- Please contact us to discuss the full potential of this elegant and lucrative property
- Ideal location next to the Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE) with access to FENCE and FETA equestrian trails
- 3 minutes to dining, shopping and cultural activities in Landrum SC
- 4 minutes to I-26
- 5 minutes to Tryon NC
- Short drive to Hendersonville and Asheville in North Carolina as well as Spartanburg in South Carolina
- Poised in the heart of Carolina horse country with local tack shops, feed stores, state-of-the-art equine veterinary facilities and year round equestrian venues
Price | Inactive listing
Contact | For similar properties on the market, contact Sheelah Clarkson.
or call Sheelah at
Cell Phone: 828.712.2232