Distinguished Equestrian Estate
31-Acre Masterpiece in Caroland Farms Equestrian Community
Savor the pinnacle of sophisticated design, fine craftsmanship and a gracious estate setting with end-of-road privacy. This world class residence features cherry paneling, Travertine tile, heart pine floors, Timber Frame vaulted ceilings, geothermal heat and gourmet kitchen with granite countertops plus Sub-Zero and Dacor appliances. Enjoy 31 rolling acres, 1-acre pond and 3-bay garage with well-appointed guest quarters above. Outdoor venues include stone fireplace and patio, screened porch, IPE decks, private views. Discerning equestrians will appreciate the 6-stall barn, outdoor ring, board fenced pastures and rare direct access to both CETA and NPA private trail systems.
The Approach |
The park-like approach follows a winding country lane. The brownstone paved drive, flanked by fenced pastures and woodlands, leads up to the main residence which is poised at the top of a knoll in a luxuriously private setting.
Main Residence |
Designed by Robert Dame of Carmichael and Dame, the main residence exhibits a seamless merger of superior craftsmanship, classic styling and technology. Outside, the home features a handsome exterior of board and batten with stone and bark accents. The residence also boasts a Geothermal heating system and whole house automation including security system, cameras and central vac. A detached 500-square-foot workshop/ home office is connected to the main residence by a portico.
The Entrance |
The striking portico with stone columns and stone walkway leads to the distinctive solid wood front door. Notice the beautifully crafted details of this door, including the transom, side panels and Craftsman styling.
The Foyer |
Inside, the stunning two-level foyer boasts tastefully executed curves, arches and exceptional ceilings. Notice the remarkable barrel ceiling, heart pine floors and staircase with sculpted Travertine tile risers and custom iron railings. French doors lead out to the remarkable stone patio. Tucked underneath the stairway is a handsome powder room with custom tile and designer sink.
Great Room |
Elegant and welcoming, the great room provides a tasteful environment brimming with natural light. From the floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace and the wall of French doors to the vaulted pine ceilings and cherry entertainment center, this room offers a distinctive ambiance. Open to the kitchen and the back deck, this grand space offers an easy traffic flow for indoor-outdoor entertaining.
The discerning chef will appreciate this gourmet kitchen featuring two large islands with granite countertops, custom cabinetry and extensive custom tile work. A Sub-Zero refrigerator, Sharp microwave oven drawer and Dacor 4-burner gas range with grill and two ovens round out the appliance package. The main center island provides breakfast bar seating and double sink while the large buffet bar includes a built-in ice maker and bar refrigerator. Nearby, the huge walk-in pantry features built-in cabinetry and shelf space. A handy kitchen office provides built-in desk with granite countertops, sunny window and heart pine floors.
Breakfast Room |
Open to the kitchen and great room, this sunny room features double windows overlooking the deck and French doors leading out to the screened porch.
The formal dining room provides an attractive space for family gatherings and guest entertaining. The room features a handsome alcove for the buffet, designer chandelier, heavy molding and French doors leading to the extraordinary stone patio. A handy butler’s pantry between the kitchen and dining room boasts a wet bar with hammered bronze sink plus granite countertops, custom tile and glass-front cabinetry.
Located off the foyer, this handsome private study boasts high ceilings, cherry paneling, heart pine floors, built-in bookshelves and a massive picture window that captures private pastoral views.
Master Bedroom |
Surround yourself in privacy and beauty. The master wing features this spacious bedroom with stunning coffered ceiling. The massive 6-sided bay window overlooks private woodlands. The room features heart pine floors, heavy molding, built-in floor-to-ceiling cabinets and shelves, plus a massive walk-in closet with window and built-ins.
Master Bath |
This luxurious master bath provides every amenity. Notice the gracious archway, coffered ceilings, radiant floor heat and large spa tub set in the picture window. The tiled shower features a glass front and multiple shower heads. His and her vanities offer Kohler undermount sinks and honed Travertine countertops. At the far side of the bath is a second large walk-in closet with built-ins, window and window seat.
Guest Bedrooms |
The main residence features three spacious guest bedrooms with large walk-in closets and handsome ensuite baths. The main level guest bedroom boasts French doors opening out onto a private deck. Views from this room overlook rich woodlands and open fields. Upstairs guest bedrooms offer vaulted ceilings, heart pine floors and private views.
Guest Baths |
All guest baths offer a range of upscale amenities including Travertine tile, granite countertops, undermount sinks, recessed lighting and glass-front tiled shower or spa tub with tile surround.
Game Room |
Located on the upper level, this massive game room is the ideal spot for indoor recreation and family fun. The room offers a distinctive tray ceiling, large windows on two sides and recessed lighting. Notice the handy wet bar with granite countertops, sink, refrigerator and ice maker.
Exercise Room |
Located on the main level of the home, this large exercise room features the ideal spot for your home gym or yoga studio. With plenty of windows and French doors opening out to the side deck, this room provides a bright and inviting space for your workouts.
This handy laundry room just off the kitchen features built-in cabinetry, sink, granite countertops, washer/dryer hook-ups, tile floors and glass door to the side deck.
Porches & Decks |
Relax in a breezy and secluded setting. This magnificent octagonal screened porch at the back of the home features pine ceilings with recessed lighting, designer ceiling fan, wood railings and easy-care Ipe floors. Enjoy private woodland views and the sounds of nature. Accessed from the breakfast room, the covered porch leads to open decks on both sides.
Courtyard Patio |
Tucked between the detached office/workshop and the home’s main entrance, this magnificent stone courtyard provides the ideal setting for outdoor entertaining. Notice the stunning rock fireplace, stone tile and manicured landscaping. The patio is flanked on one side by the handsome portico connecting the home office and main entrance.
The handsome 3-bay detached garage provides easy parking for cars plus a covered back porch and two heated and cooled utility rooms. Guest quarters are located above the garage.
Guest Quarters |
With 1700 square feet of living space, the quarters feature 2 bedrooms and full bath plus an open living/dining area and full kitchen. The bedrooms are located at opposite ends of the guest apartment, providing privacy for occupants. The kitchen features granite countertops, stainless appliances, pine cabinetry and a window with private views. Bedrooms include sunny windows, heart pine floors and closets while the baths offer custom tile, granite countertops and spa tub.
Located near the main residence, the 6-stall center aisle barn features a stylish board and batten exterior with metal roof. The barn features box stalls with rubber mats, heated and cooled wood paneled tack room, bathroom and wash rack. The facility also includes a fly spray system and large hay loft. Stalls on one side open out to board-fenced paddocks. Level space surrounding the barn provides plenty of room for parking vans and horse trailers.
Equestrian Amenities |
Located in a private equestrian community with equestrian neighbors, this elegant farm offers a full range of amenities for horsemen. Equestrians will appreciate two paddocks, three board-fenced pastures and an outdoor ring. For trail riders, this property is exceptionally rare in that it offers direct access to two private equestrian trail systems: CETA trails and NPA trails. A third system, the FETA trail system is located nearby. This farm is situated within easy driving distance of three equestrian centers which host numerous year-round equestrian events: Tryon International Equestrian Center, Harmon Field, and the Foothills Nature Equestrian Center (FENCE).
The Community |
Caroland Farms is a 1200-acre private equestrian community poised on the Carolina state line. As the original conservation development of the area, this premier community ensures protection of the land via conservation easements and community covenants. Caroland Farms offers NPA trails, a 12-mile private equestrian trail system for residents, and a distinctive setting amid the grandeur of the Carolina foothills.
The Location |
This distinctive farm is located in a stunning countryside setting that lies within easy driving distance of shopping, dining and amenities. From the farm, its only 5 miles to I-26, 7 miles to downtown Columbus NC and Landrum SC and 10 miles to downtown Tryon NC. The larger city of Spartanburg is only 20 miles to the south. Both the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL) and the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP) are 30 miles away. The property offers proximity to numerous cultural and outdoor venues in the region and the eclectic city of Asheville is a 50-mile drive via Interstate 26.
Summary of Features
- Built in 2007
- 4 bedrooms; 4 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 5,332 square feet of living space
- Exterior of board and batten with stone and bark accents
- Stunning portico with stone columns
- Grand Manor shingle roof
- Whole house automation including security system, cameras, central vac
- Geothermal heating system
- Blown cellulose insulation package
- Back-up generator with propane tank
- Octagonal screened porch with private views into the woodlands
- Open decks with Ipe decking
- Exquisite outdoor stone patio with stone fireplace and meticulous landscaping
- Detached 3-bay garage with covered back porch and two heated and cooled utility rooms
- Separate 500-square-foot workshop/ home office connected to the main residence by the stunning covered portico
- Exquisite design and construction throughout
- Magnificent foyer featuring barrel ceiling, grand staircase with custom iron railing, heart pine floors, and powder room with custom tile
- Great room with Timber Frame vaulted ceiling, floor to ceiling stack stone fireplace, wet bar, built in entertainment center and wall of windows
- Handsome study with cherry paneling, built-in bookcases, heart pine floors, heavy molding and massive picture window
- Gourmet kitchen with Sub-Zero and Dacor appliances, Sharp microwave oven drawer, undermount double sink, custom cabinetry, two center islands, granite countertops
- Kitchen office with built-in desk, granite tops, built-in cabinets, sunny window, heart pine floors
- Butler’s pantry between the kitchen and formal dining room with hammered bronze sink, granite countertops, custom tile and glass-front cabinetry
- Formal dining room with alcove for buffet, French doors leading to stone patio, designer chandelier and wall sconces
- Private master wing with spacious bedroom, large walk-in closets, and massive bay window overlooking private woodlands
- Master bath with radiant floor heat, coffered ceilings, large spa tub, tiled shower, His and her vanities, honed Travertine countertops
- Main level guest bedroom with French doors to deck and ensuite bath featuring Travertine tile, glass front shower and walk-in closet
- Main level exercise room with large windows and French door access to side deck
- Upstairs game room with wet bar, walls of windows, and space for pool table
- Spacious upper level guest bedrooms with ensuite baths
- Service basement with outside entry
- Detached 3-bay garage with guest quarters above
- 1700 square feet of living space
- 2 bedrooms; 1 full bath
- Heart pine floors
- Full kitchen with granite countertops and stainless appliances
- Living area with alcove for books
- Baths with granite countertops, tile, spa tub
- 31.48 acres
- 1-acre private pond
- Gentle, rolling terrain
- Winding country lane approach
- Brownstone paved driveway
- Meticulous custom landscaping
- Totally private setting
- Garden plot
- Conservation woodlands with mature hardwoods
Caroland Farms Equestrian Community
- 6-stall center aisle barn
- Heated and cooled tack room
- Wash rack
- Rubber mats, flyspray system, hay loft
- Two paddocks with stall access
- Three large board-fenced pastures
- Outdoor ring
- Level parking for horse trailers and vans
- Direct access to 2 private trail systems: NPA (North Pacolet Association) and CETA (Collinsville Trails Association)
- Proximity to FETA (Foothills Equestrian Trails Association)
- Proximity to 3 equestrian centers: Tryon International Equestrian Center, Harmon Field, and FENCE
- Premier 1200-acre equestrian community
- Original conservation development in the area
- Stunning community protected by covenants
- 12-miles of private trails
- Private community of estate homes and horse farms
- Located in Caroland Farms Equestrian Community
- 5 miles to I-26
- 7 miles to downtown Columbus NC
- 7 miles to Landrum SC
- 10 miles to Tryon NC
- 20 miles to Spartanburg SC
- 30 miles to Hendersonville NC
- 30 miles to Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- 30 miles to Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
- 50 miles to Asheville NC
MLS | North Carolina Mountains MLS 519436
Price | Offered at $2,250,000
Contact | For details, please contact
or call Sheelah