Sleek, Chic and Magical
18-Acre Farm with Contemporary Home and Guest Cottage
Discover character, privacy and contemporary sophistication on 18 acres. Fully renovated, the stylish home offers classic pebbledash exterior, one-level living, clean lines, and a bright open floor plan. Inside, enjoy sparkling new interiors, two fireplaces, gleaming maple floors, tiled baths, gourmet kitchen, and stunning master suite with tiled steam shower. The separate guest cottage is ideal for use as a rental or artistís retreat. Cute outbuildings provide space for workshop or livestock. The farm is handy to nearby shopping while offering a purely enchanting retreat setting. Enjoy board-fenced pasture and gentle terrain. Horses are allowed in this charming equestrian neighborhood.
The Residence |
If you long for open, bright, and breathable spaces, this home will delight you. Both airy and spacious, this fine residence has been fully renovated to offer contemporary flair while retaining an authentic sense of place. The exterior is a classic pebble dash while the interior exudes midcentury modern with a twist.
The Foyer |
Entered from the fenced courtyard area, the welcoming foyer offers a taste of the exquisite interiors of this home. The foyer boasts a curved wall and arched entryway leading to the kitchen. Notice the maple floors and views to the water feature at the back of the home.
Family Room |
Sunny and bright with windows on three sides, the family room is an ideal spot for relaxation. The room boasts a gas log fireplace, tiled floors, recessed lighting and glass doors which serve to bring the outside in.
The gourmet kitchen is the heart of this home. The room boasts a handsome center island, Silestone counters, tile backsplash, and custom cabinetry. The Jenn-Air stove and Jenn-Air refrigerator plus stainless microwave, dish washer and wine cooler complete the appliance package. Enjoy the convenience of instant hot water. Just off the kitchen, the wide hallway leading to the office provides a tiled full bath and handy coat closet.
Open to the kitchen and living room, the dining area offers private views to the back patio and water feature. Another dining nook poised in the bay window overlooking private woodlands is the ideal spot for breakfast, brunch or afternoon snack.
Living Room |
This magnificent room offers a stone wood burning fireplace, vaulted ceiling and maple floors. Windows on three sides and glass doors to patio areas on two sides offer ideal opportunities for indoor-outdoor entertaining and the enjoyment of nature surrounding the home.
Perfect for a private library or study, the office features handsome built-in cabinets and Pella windows on two sides. Recessed lighting and double glass door entry provide for soft lighting.
Master Suite |
The elegant master suite offers a tray ceiling, maple floors, stylish wall sconces, and windows on three sides looking out into a beautiful and totally private landscape of nature. Take a look inside the huge master suite walk-in dressing room with washer and dryer hookups, his and hers custom built-in storage, a large bright window, and plenty of space for an expansive wardrobe.
Master Bath |
Discerning buyers will appreciate the stunning master bath with Italian tile floor, vaulted ceiling, and skylight plus his and hers vanities, each with its own undermount sink and a bright window. The impressive steam shower features full tile, bench seat and multiple shower heads. Enjoy the luxury of radiant heat in this magnificent space.
Guest Suite |
Located on the private bedroom wing, the guest suite features a spacious bedroom with maple floor and private views. The ensuite bath includes a delightful Japanese soaking tub, tile floors, sky light, undermount sink, Toto toilet, radiant heat, and spacious closet with custom sliding storage unit.
Courtyards & Patios |
The residence is surrounded on all sides by covered and open patio spaces. The front of the house features a private, covered courtyard area. The courtyard is richly landscaped with a variety of fragrant plants including tea olive, paper bush, banana fig, gardenias, weigela and sweat shrub. To the back, an open patio with a lovely water feature and tasteful plantings is the center of attention. At the side of the house, with access to the living room, another patio offers the ideal spot for outdoor grilling. This patio provides a retractable patio awning.
The attached 2-car garage offers easy access to the home via the front covered courtyard area. The garage boasts handsome cypress doors.
The Guest Cottage |
The separate guest cottage offers a delightful efficiency residence. Inside, youíll find a full kitchen with double sink, refrigerator, stove and skylight. The bedroom space features handy built-ins for personal storage. The full bath includes washer/dryer hookups for stacked units, tiled floor, shower, undermount sink, Silestone counter and radiant heat. The sitting area offers open space and built-in shelving. Notice the gleaming wood floors. The sliding glass doors at the back of the cottage lead to private back patio with brick wall. This structure is perfect for use as a rental, a home office, or an artistís retreat.
The Outbuildings |
This attractive farm boasts two cute outbuildings. The barn is currently used for workshop space and equipment storage. With concrete floor, multiple entries, insulation, water, electric, and covered areas at front and back, this building can easily be modified to suit a variety of farm or hobby purposes. The adjacent structure is used by the current owners as a chicken coop for the farmís flock of chickens. Dog owners will appreciate the fenced area around these buildings, ideal for providing dogs with an indoor/outdoor living space.
The Property |
With 18 acres of rolling terrain, this property is ideal for those who desire privacy. For animal lovers, the acreage offers a board-fenced pasture for horses, donkeys or burros as well as a lovely woodland area which is home to a variety of birds and small wildlife. The acreage is alive with lush, easy care landscape and flowering shrubs including rhododendron, nandina, holly, giant hostas, and butterfly bushes. Mature trees include white oak, hickory, red oak, hazelnut, dogwood, maple, Washington Hawthorne, apple, vitex, and wild cherry. For gardeners, there are several spots ideal for garden beds and herb gardens.
The Location |
Tucked away in a delightful neighborhood of equestrian-friendly estates and farms in Landrum, South Carolina, this sweet property is only 1.5 miles from groceries and shopping and 1.8 Miles from I-26. Downtown Landrum SC is just 3 miles away while Tryon NC is located 7 miles from the property. For the culture, arts, and shopping venues of larger cities, Spartanburg SC is just 20 miles away and Greenville SC is 30 miles. The closest major airport is the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP) which is 23 miles away. Equestrians will appreciate close proximity to FETA equestrian trails and the Foothills Nature Equestrian Center (FENCE). The Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC) lies just 12 miles from the farm.
Summary of Features
- Built in 1977; Fully renovated 2007-2009
- 2 bedrooms; 3 full baths; Septic permit allows for additional bedroom
- Approximately 2,955 square feet of living space
- Classic pebbledash exterior
- Easy one-level living
- Basement with additional washer/dryer hookups, space for storage and workshop, mechanical room, interior and exterior entrances
- Two septic tanks (one for main residence; one for guest cottage)
- Private well
- Two propane tanks, one for gas log fireplace in family room and one for hot water
- Two Trane heat pumps (5-ton for main residence and 1.5-ton for guest cottage)
- Fenced courtyard area
- Lovely water feature at the back of the home
- Covered and open patios on three sides, ideal for outdoor entertaining
- Insulated Pella windows and doors
- Attached 2-car garage with cypress garage doors
- Windstream Internet and Dish TV available
- Completely renovated and move-in ready
The Guest Cottage
- Welcoming foyer with sunny windows, curved wall, arched entryway and maple floor
- Gourmet kitchen with Jenn-Air stove and refrigerator, stainless appliances, vaulted ceiling, Silestone counters, tile backsplash, center island and custom cabinetry
- Dining area open to the kitchen offers views of the water feature at the back of the residence
- Magnificent living room with stone wood-burning fireplace, windows on three sides, maple floors, vaulted ceiling, and private views
- Delightful family room with gas log fireplace, windows and glass doors on 3 sides, recessed lighting, Porcelain tile floors
- Hallway off the kitchen with tiled full bathroom and handy hall closet
- Office with handsome built-in shelving, maple floors, recessed lighting, double glass door entry, private views
- Interior glass doors special ordered from California
- Guest bedroom with ensuite full bath featuring tile floor, Japanese soaking tub at the window, Silestone counters, undermount sink, radiant heat and large closet with custom sliding storage unit
- Elegant master suite with tray ceiling, maple floors, stylish wall sconces, and windows on three sides looking out into a beautiful and totally private landscape of nature
- Stunning master bath with tiled steam room, his and hers vanities, Italian tile floor, radiant heat, vaulted ceiling and skylight
- Huge master suite walk-in dressing room with washer and dryer hookups, his and hers custom built-in storage and plenty of space for an expansive wardrobe
- Sunshades on windows throughout the home
- Multiple outdoor venues including covered courtyard, open back deck and side covered deck with retractable patio awning
- Separate guest cottage with driveway parking
- Approximately 560 square feet of living space
- Wood floor in living area; Tile floor in bathroom
- Full kitchen with double sink, stove, refrigerator, and skylight
- Full bath with radiant heat and washer/dryer hookups for stacked units
- Sleeping area with efficient built-in storage units
- Sitting area with glass door and windows overlooking the back patio
- Front entrance opens to driveway
- Back entrance opens onto private patio with brick wall
- 18.18 acres
- Magical retreat setting
- Private setting
- Rolling terrain
- Charming driveway curves around to outbuildings, main residence and guest cottage
- Cute barn structure currently used for workshop and storage; Insulated with electric, water and woodstove; concrete floor; multiple entrances including handy garage door; approximately 560 square feet
- Fenced area for dogs
- Charming outbuilding used for chicken coop
- Wooded area and easy care landscaping
- Mature trees including white oak, hickory, red oak, hazelnut, dogwood, maple, Washington Hawthorne, apple, vitex, and wild cherry
- Elegant landscaping includes tea olive, paper bush, banana fig, gardenias, weigela and sweat shrub
- Lovely board-fenced pasture
- Tucked away in a charming equestrian neighborhood of small estates and horse farms
- Located in Landrum SC
- 1.5 miles to groceries and shopping
- 1.8 Miles to I-26
- 3 miles to downtown Landrum SC
- 7 miles to downtown Tryon NC
- 12 miles to Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC)
- 20 miles to Spartanburg SC
- 23 miles to Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
- 30 miles to Greenville SC
- 45 miles to Asheville NC
Price | Offered at $725,000
Contact | To schedule a private showing, please contact Sheelah Clarkson
or call Sheelah at
Contact Form |
You may also contact us by using the contact form below.