World Class Equestrian Estate
349-Acre Professional Training Center in Hendersonville NC
This picturesque 349-acre world-class equestrian estate in Hendersonville was designed by a renowned international rider as a classic European-style equestrian center. The estate includes a stunning 16-stall custom barn with stone and wood beam construction, tack room and living quarters. The center also includes a12,800-square-foot indoor arena with large seating area, an outdoor arena, a covered round pen, pond, fenced pastures, private trails and caretaker’s quarters. Rolling pastureland comprises approximately half of the acreage. For the professional horseman, there is no other property like this on the market. Located between Hendersonville and Brevard NC, it is ideal for a horse farm, training center, private estate, equestrian camp or retreat center.
The estate features a handsome gated entrance with stone columns and landscaping. A separate entrance leads to the caretaker’s cottage.
Equestrian Facilities |
Just inside the gates, the equestrian facilities lie with easy proximity of one another. The complex includes a large indoor arena with gathering area, bath and kitchen; a two-story 16-stall barn with wash rack, tack room and 4-bedroom barn apartment; a covered round pen; an oval outdoor ring.
Gathering Area |
Located inside the covered arena, this welcoming space greets guests from three entrances, one from the covered arena, one from the private entry door, and one from the courtyard which connects the indoor arena and the barn. The facility includes a stone fireplace with Fischer wood stove and flagstone floors. A wall of windows provides viewing of the covered arena. The lower floor includes two baths with stone floors, tiled shower and glass block accents. Also on the lower floor, the kitchen/dining area provides a Dacor gas stove, pine cabinetry, sink with Kohler faucets, center island and dramatic views across the pastures. Upstairs, an observation deck offers prime views of performances in the covered arena.
Indoor Arena |
The stunning 12,800-square-foot indoor arena features an open performance area with kickboards along the perimeter and a large seating area along the western side. Multiple double glass door entrances on the western side welcome spectators while tall entrances on the north and south ends provide easy access for horses, carriages and equipment. The clerestory design with glass upper story on the south end provides an abundance of ambient light. Notice the handsome stone accents and standing seam metal roof. The east side of the arena offers a covered storage area for hay, vehicles and equipment. This area could be fully enclosed to create additional stalls.
The elegant courtyard connects the indoor arena with the barn using a cleverly-designed circular covered loggia. The stone steps leading up to the gathering area entrance boast a lovely waterfall feature. The courtyard offers plenty of space for a continuous traffic flow of horses, people, and vehicles.
Custom Barn |
This remarkable 16-stall custom barn with its striking European styling features stone and wood beam construction, tack room and living quarters. The construction is solid and well-designed, while the facilities are unsurpassed anywhere in the region. The lower level features a center-aisle design with distinctive wash rack, tack room, 8 standing stalls, 8 box stalls with sliding metal doors, and an aisle wide enough for vehicle entry.
Barn Apartment |
The 2-level barn apartment features a den space below with refrigerator, sink and half bath. Upstairs, the apartment includes 4 bedrooms, each with closets and sliding glass doors leading out to a private deck. This level also includes two full baths, a large laundry room and walls of glass overlooking the stalls to the front and rear of the barn. This enables the residents of the barn apartment easy viewing of the stall areas.
Outdoor Ring |
Located near the barn, the oval outdoor ring offers a stunning pastoral setting.
Round Pen |
The covered round pen, located on a knoll just north of the barn serves as an ideal facility for lunging.
The Property |
The 349-acre estate provides the unsurpassed setting of a pristine mountain valley. Rolling pastureland with established grass and spectacular views comprises approximately half the acreage. The acreage offers numerous building sites with panoramic mountain views, ideal for state-of-the-art homes. A small pond is located on the property. Private riding trails are available on the property. DuPont State Forest, with more than 10,000 acres of protected land and miles of equestrian trails is located only 5 miles away.
Caretaker's Cottage |
Poised on an open ridgeline, the quaint caretaker’s cottage features a covered porch, two bedrooms, an open living/kitchen area and a wood stove. The home has its own private entrance from the main road and enjoys magnificent year round mountain views.
The Potential |
The property was established as the home and training center for elite and internationally renowned Lusitano performance horses. With a pristine setting offering access to I-26 and the Asheville Regional Airport, this estate property also lends itself to a variety of other uses, including a retreat center, youth camp, family compound, private residential community, event center or training facility.
The Location |
Conveniently located between the bustling mountain towns of Hendersonville and Brevard, North Carolina, this unsurpassed mountain estate property offers a rural setting with easy access to shopping, schools, state and national forests and the region’s many cultural activities. The estate is located only 9 miles from Hendersonville, 12 miles from I-26,
13 miles from Brevard and 20 miles from the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL).
Proximity to DuPont State Forest and Pisgah National Forest offer limitless outdoor recreational options.
Summary of Features
The Estate Property
- 349 acres
- Pristine mountain setting
- Gated main entrance with stone columns
- Separate entrance for caretaker’s cottage
- Rolling pastures
- Mature hardwood forest
- Private pond
- Private trails
- Numerous homesites with privacy and views
- Magnificent year round views
- Interior gravel roads
- 2-bedroom caretaker’s cottage with private entrance
Custom European-Style Barn
- 16-stall barn with 4-bedroom living quarters
- Area with potential for adding additional stalls
- 12,800-square-foot covered arena
- Circular covered courtyard which connects the barn and covered arena
- Outdoor ring
- Covered round pen
- Acres of rolling pasture with established grass
- Private trails
- Plenty of level space for parking large horse trailers, farm equipment and vans
- 5 miles from miles of equestrian trails at DuPont State Forest
- 16 stalls (8 standing stalls; 8 box stalls)
- Center aisle design, wide enough for vehicles
- Tack room
- Wash rack
- Grooming area with double sinks
- Lower level lounge with sink, bath and sitting area
- Living quarters with 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, private decks, living/office area with view of stalls below
- Custom 12,800-square-foot covered space
- Open performance area with kickboards around the perimeter
- Large seating area for observation of performances
- Multiple double glass-door entrances for spectators
- High entrances on each end for horses and vehicles
- Gathering area with kitchen/dining room, two baths, wood stove, exceptional views to the mountains and upper observation deck overlooking the arena
- Professional equestrian training center
- Private retreat center
- Youth camp
- Family compound
- Private residential community
- Training facility
- Event center
- Located between Hendersonville and Brevard NC
- 5 miles to DuPont State Forest
- 8 miles to Flat Rock NC
- 9 miles to Hendersonville NC
- 11 miles to Pisgah National Forest
- 12 miles to I-26
- 13 miles to Brevard NC
- 20 miles to the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- 32 miles to Asheville NC
- 45 miles to the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
Price | No longer on the market
Contact | For similar properties on the market, contact Sheelah Clarkson
or call Sheelah