Mountaintop Retreat in The Reserve
Luxury Home on 16 Acres in Brevard NC
This incredible mountaintop retreat features 16 acres and inspiring views. Located in The Reserve, Brevardís gated rustic mountain community. This architect-designed luxury home offers upscale ambiance and separate wings to enhance privacy. The 2011 home includes four bedrooms, master on main, gourmet kitchen, open floor plan, heart pine floors, and vaulted ceilings. Enjoy easy luxury living close to downtown Brevard.
The Residence |
Designed by New York architect Jeremy Erdreich and built in 2011, this comfortable home features four bedrooms and three baths, gourmet kitchen with oversized island, dining room, beautiful living room, huge deck, and large master suite on the main floor.
The Entry |
Approach the house along a gravel path from the parking area. For privacy, a covered breezeway separates the main house from the guest wing.
Great Room |
The heart of the home, this bright great room features a wood burning fireplace, built-in bookcase/entertainment center, 13.5-foot ceiling, heart pine floors and pickled pine walls. Notice the oversized windows and doors plus incredible views of Crab Creek Valley. This spacious room is open to the dining room, kitchen, and deck.
The gourmet kitchen boasts an open concept design with custom maple cabinets, quartzite tops, heart pine floors and soaring ceiling. The appliance package includes a Subzero refrigerator, Fisher and Paykel drawer dishwasher, and Jenn-Air range with down draft. An oversized island with breakfast bar takes center stage.
Dining Room |
The beautiful dining room features heart pine floors, a wall of windows with amazing mountain views, and a rustic chandelier.
Master Bedroom |
The sunny master suite provides sweeping views of the valley below. Notice the sea grass carpeting, large sunny windows, built-in drawers, wood burning fireplace, and huge walk in closet. Outside is a side deck with outdoor shower just a few steps away. Conveniently located just off the master bedroom is the laundry closet with stack Samsung washer/dryer.
Master Bath |
This incredible bath includes ceramic black slate flooring, pickled pine walls and double vanity with granite countertops. The custom shower boasts two shower heads plus bench and subway tile.
Guest Wing |
Located just across the breezeway from the main house is the private guest wing. This wing features two guest rooms and one bath. Enjoy heart pine floor hallway and sea grass carpeting in the bedrooms plus high ceilings and crown molding. The beautiful custom bath offers ceramic black slate floors and tub with subway tile surround.
Downstairs Apartment | Access to the lower level apartment is by outside entry only. This 2014 addition is a great getaway for the kids. The apartment features 1 bedroom with custom bath, laundry room, and a lovely den. There is a lower deck just outside.
Decks & Views |
This spacious deck will be a favorite place to entertain. Overlooking the idyllic Crab Creek Valley, this partially covered deck provides a quiet outdoor area to relax or cook out. Enjoy year round panoramic views across the peaceful Crab Creek Valley to the mountains beyond. The side deck near the master bedroom features a handy outdoor shower.
The Grounds |
This wooded 16-acre mountaintop retreat is tucked away on a secluded hillside with natural surroundings of native hardwoods, pines, rhododendrons, and mountain laurel. A grassy front lawn and rock paths surround the house. A private trail takes you down to the creek for campfires and nature walks. The luxurious hot tub with custom surround sits off to the side of the yard overlooking the incredible mountain views. Grab a glass of wine and watch the sun go down.
The Community |
The Reserve is a sprawling 1,100+/- acre compound located just a few miles east of Brevard, NC. Featuring spectacular views in all directions this ultra-low density project is ideally suited for the mountain lover. Divided into parcels averaging ten to twenty plus acres each, The Reserve is a gated community of estates with a distinct wilderness feel.
The Location |
Located just 15 minutes to Brevard, 30 minutes to Hendersonville, and 45 minutes to Asheville, this retreat seems worlds away yet offers wonderful excursions just a short drive away. Enjoy a wonderland of nearby cultural venues and outdoor adventures including the Brevard Music Center, Flat Rock Playhouse, DuPont State Forest, Pisgah National Forest and the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Summary of Features
- Built in 2011
- 4 bedrooms; 3 baths
- Approximately 2,492 square feet of living space
- Designed by New York architect Jeremy Erdreich
- Arts and crafts styling
- Convenient outdoor shower
- Wonderful mountain top retreat
- Huge deck with unparalleled views
- Luxurious hot tub overlooking the views
- Spacious open concept home
- Abundance of windows and natural light
- Master on main
- Easy one-level living
- Heart pine floors throughout the home
- Pickled pine walls
- High ceilings
- Gourmet kitchen with quartzite countertops plus Subzero, Fisher and Paykel, Jenn-Air appliances
- Master suite with custom bath
- 2-bedroom guest suite
- 16 Acres
- Professionally landscaped
- Native hardwoods, pines, rhododendrons, and mountain laurel
- Gravel drive
- Walking path to the creek
- Perfect location near Brevard but feels worlds away
- The Reserve is a 1,100-acre community
- Private community with gated entrance
- Features only large parcels of 10-acres to 20-acres
- Wilderness feel
- Spectacular views
- Remarkable privacy
- Easy access to shopping and dining in Brevard NC
- Convenient to Brevard College, Brevard Music Center, DuPont State Forest and Pisgah National Forest
- Located in The Reserve at Brevard NC
- 5 miles to Transylvania County Airport
- 7 miles to shopping and dining
- 7 miles to golf at Glen Cannon Country Club
- 8 miles to downtown Brevard
- 8 miles to Pisgah National Forest
- 8 miles to Brevard College
- 8 miles to DuPont State Forest
- 9 miles to Brevard Music Center
- 18 miles to Hendersonville NC
- 19 miles to Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- 30 miles to Asheville NC
Price | Reduced from $645,000 to $624,000 SOLD!
Contact | To schedule a private showing, please contact Jim Kirkpatrick.
or call Jim at
Cell Phone: 828.674.5733