High Mountain Retreat
Views to Mt Pisgah and Cold Mountain in Hendersonville NC
Live at the top of the world surrounded by soaring-with-the-eagles vistas and panoramic views all the way to Mt. Pisgah, Little Pisgah, Cold Mountain, and the Black Mountain Range. Merging old world charm with sophisticated updates, this mountaintop getaway features gourmet kitchen with Thermador refrigerator, DCS double ovens, brand new dishwasher, gas cooktop, KitchenAid wine cooler, breakfast bar. Spacious master suite boasts high ceilings, wood stove, bamboo floors, artist’s space, private deck with custom iron railings. Master bath offers granite countertops, custom cabinetry, his and hers undermount sinks, huge tiled shower, jetted tub. The living room has an historic stone fireplace, knotty pine paneling, pegged oak floors. Back decks overlook 24/7 long range vistas. Property also includes separate workshop and fenced yard for dogs. Ideal for a mountain vacation home, artist’s studio, writer’s retreat. Set in a sweet community of multi-generational legacy properties.
The Residence |
Poised on top of Sugarloaf Mountain, this stunning getaway offers a once-in-a-lifetime setting with historic charm and contemporary updates. The one-level residence includes historic stonework and knotting pine paneling plus two fireplaces, upscale gourmet kitchen and spacious master suite, all set on a 1-acre lot with privacy and pristine views.
Fully remodeled in 2007, this gourmet kitchen features a large Thermador refrigerator, DCS double ovens by Fisher and Paykel, brand new dishwasher, gas cooktop, stainless double sink. Notice the breakfast bar, tile floors, and beautiful handcrafted mosaic backsplash. There are two handy pantries for storage.
Offering pristine mountain views, the dining area features stylish lighting, tile floors, and access to the deck. Notice the KitchenAid wine cooler, custom cabinetry, attractive wainscoting, and additional seating area next to the window.
Living Room |
Filled with historic charm, this spacious living room features the original stone fireplace, knotty pine paneling, and beautiful pegged oak floors. Notice the built-in corner cabinet plus sliding glass door to the back porch. This room offers easy access to the kitchen, both porches, and the master bedroom wing.
This room provides a great space for library or home office. Notice the paneling, oak floors and built in shelving.
Master Suite |
In this huge master suite, you’ll enjoy bamboo floors, built-in bookcases, high ceilings, two sliding glass doors, and wood burning fireplace. The private sitting area opens up to a lovely deck with custom wrought iron railings, perfect for morning coffee overlooking the sweeping mountain views.
Master Bath |
The ensuite master bath features tile floors, granite countertops, custom cabinetry designed with artistic flair, undermount his and her sinks, and jetted tub. The extra large shower boasts full tile surround and seating.
Guest Bedrooms |
Both guest bedrooms feature oak floors, cedar closets, and pine paneling. One offers an ensuite bath while the other provides hallway access to the bath.
Artist Space |
This exceptional artist space in the master suite provides the perfect workspace for the creative soul. Notice the sink, built-in cabinetry, bright space, and sliding glass door access to the side deck.
Sweeping mountain views await you on both back decks of the home. One deck is accessed from the back porch, near the living room. The other is a private deck with handcrafted iron railings, accessed from the master suite.
From this home, you’ll enjoy incomparable year round vistas all the way to Mt. Pisgah, Little Pisgah, Bearwallow Mountain, Cold Mountain, and the Black Mountain Range. You won’t find a more inspiring viewshed anywhere in the southeast.
Located just steps from the house, this cute building features workshop space, storage area, and deck. This is a great spot for handyman projects.
The Property |
With a full acre of land perched at the top of Sugarloaf Mountain, this property offers open area, extensive stonework, terracing, and a clever boardwalk in the woods. The yard is already fully fenced for dogs. Enjoy a full range of native trees and plantings including hickory, white oak, red oak, hemlock, apple trees, and wildflowers.
The Location |
Located just outside Hendersonville, North Carolina, this residence is set in a sweet community of mountaintop legacy properties. Because these homes are typically passed from generation to generation, very few homes have ever been on the market in this neighborhood. For hikers, this home is just a short walk from access to miles of hiking trails on the land in Chimney Rock State Park and Hickory Nut Gorge. Or take a short walk to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain where you can see seven states – North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Kentucky, West Virginia and Georgia.
Summary of Features
- Built in 1952
- 3 bedrooms; 3 full baths
- 1-level home with unfinished basement
- Approximately 2,816 square feet of living space
- Wood and stone exterior
- Oak, tile and bamboo floors
- 1-car basement garage
- Storage room in basement
- Mountain spring water
- Two porches and three decks
- Two fireplaces
- Heat pump for both heat and AC
- Electric water heater
- Living room with pegged oak floors, historic stone fireplace, sliding glass doors to back porch
- Gourmet kitchen with Thermador refrigerator, DCS double ovens by Fisher and Paykel, brand new dishwasher, gas cooktop, stainless double sink
- Dining area features stylish lighting, tile floors, year round mountain views
- Master bedroom with high ceilings, bamboo floors, built-in storage, private deck overlooking vast mountain views
- Master bath with tile floors, granite countertops, custom cabinetry, undermount his and her sinks, and jetted tub
- Artist’s space with built-in cabinetry and sink
- Office with paneling, oak floors and built in shelving
- Guest bedrooms with oak floors, knotty pine paneling, private views and cedar closets
- Front and back porch with private views
- Three decks with private views
- 1 acre of land
- Fully fenced yard for dogs
- Exceptional year round views from all points on the property
- Separate building with workshop and storage
- Boardwalk through the woods
- Terraced area at the back of the home
- Mature native trees including red oak, white oak, hemlock, apple trees
- Short walk to miles of hiking trails in Chimney Rock State Park and Hickory Nut Gorge
- Located on Sugarloaf Mountain
- 7 miles to Edneyville NC
- 13 miles to shopping and dining
- 14 miles to I-26
- 15 miles to downtown Hendersonville NC
- 15 miles to Chimney Rock NC
- 15 miles to the Green River Game Lands
- 17 miles to Flat Rock NC
- 18 miles to Lake Lure NC
- 24 miles to Asheville Regional Airport
- 30 miles to downtown Asheville
MLS | Carolina MLS 3399994
Price | Reduced from $539,000 to $515,000
Contact | To schedule a private showing, please contact Jim Kirkpatrick
or call Jim
Contact Form |
You may also contact us by using the contact form below.