36-Acre Inholding Retreat at Pisgah National Forest
Dunnís Creek Lodge in Brevard, North Carolina
A rare inholding in Pisgah National Forest, Dunn’s Creek Lodge is a one-of-a-kind outdoorsman’s paradise with views all the way to Looking Glass Rock. The retreat features 36 acres, 3 ponds, mountain streams and total privacy. The extraordinary lodge, built of natural stone, brick and locust logs, received a 2006 renovation designed by renowned Platt Architecture. Amenities include stone fireplaces, granite countertops and oak floors. With hiking/ATV trails and trout fishing plus hunting in the national forest, Dunn’s Creek Lodge is a classic upscale hunting/fishing retreat and family legacy property.
The Lodge |
This quintessential mountain lodge has all the charm of a rustic hunting lodge fused with the upscale amenities of an architecturally-designed and finished luxury home. World renowned Platt Architecture of Brevard crafted the 2006 renovation of this lodge. The residence features a wealth of amenities from oak flooring, natural slate and granite countertops to tongue and groove paneling and two master suites, each with its own private deck.
The Property |
With 36 richly wooded acres, 3 beautiful stocked ponds and 2 mountain streams, this extraordinary property is ideal for the outdoorsman. At night, listen to distant waterfalls while you gaze up to the lights at Pisgah Inn on the Blue Ridge Parkway. By day, enjoy trout fishing in Dunn’s Creek and Cathy’s Creek. Hiking, ATV trails and woodland campsites provide an adventure setting. For expanded exploration and hunting, thousands of acres of Pisgah National Forest lie right next door.
Great Room |
The grand ambiance of this space is reminiscent of historic lodges. The centerpiece of the room is a massive wood burning stone fireplace with custom mantelpiece and screen. Notice the vaulted ceiling with skylights as well as the pine and pecan paneling. The room opens out onto a large deck and expansive views. Open to the dining area, kitchen and decks, this is the ideal space for entertaining.
This gourmet kitchen will delight any chef. The room includes granite countertops with undermount sink, stainless steel appliances, custom oak cabinetry, double pantry. The custom four-foot oak bar opens out to the great room.
Breakfast Nook |
Adjacent to the kitchen, this perky breakfast nook with large window and handsome lighting provides the perfect spot for informal meals or a quiet cup of coffee.
This large open space will be the setting for many feasts. The dining area offers big views across the mountains, proximity to the masterful fireplace and direct access to the outside deck through the sliding glass doors. There’s plenty of room for large china cabinets and tall antiques.
1st Master Suite |
This spacious suite provides hushed privacy on the main level. Notice the oak flooring, tongue and groove paneling, and oak trim. Pella windows and sliders open out to a private deck with rustic railing and those expansive mountain views beyond.
Master Bath |
In the beautiful ensuite master bath you’ll find natural slate flooring, double sinks with granite countertops and a walk-in slate shower with glass door and three showerheads.
2nd Master Suite |
Located on the lower level, the second master bedroom offers natural slate flooring, tongue and groove paneling and sunny sliding glass doors that open out onto a stone patio and exceptional private mountain views.
Guest Bedroom |
The home’s third bedroom also features slate floors and large sliding glass doors that open out to a stone patio and panoramic mountain views.
Family Room |
Also located on the lower level, this cozy space includes natural slate floors, tongue and groove pine paneling, and a beautiful stone fireplace with gas logs. Step outside the sliding glass doors to experience long range mountain views from the stone patio.
Outdoor Living |
Numerous outdoor living venues make this lodge a dream for those who enjoy the allure of nature’s beauty. The decks and patios feature rustic hickory posts and railings and plenty of space for dining or entertaining amid phenomenal private mountain views. From here, you can see all the way to Looking Glass Rock, the Blue Ridge Parkway and Pisgah Inn.
The Barn |
Perfect for ATVs, equipment storage or a handyman’s workshop, the cute barn located in convenient proximity to the house has electricity, a concrete floor on the main level, second loft level, a metal roof and easy driveway access.
The Approach |
Entering this retreat property invokes that lofty feeling of getting away from it all. Turn off the U.S. Forest Service road onto your private drive. This wide gravel road meanders through forest and glade and passes by a beautiful pond. You’ll be surrounded by the spectacular and pristine wealth of nature as you approach your private mountain lodge.
The Location |
Dunn’s Creek Lodge is a private inholding cradled in the Pisgah National Forest near Brevard, North Carolina. The local area provides a full range of activities from the Cradle of Forestry and the Brevard Music Center to the Blue Ridge Parkway, Sliding Rock and the Pisgah Center for Wildlife Education. Enjoy shopping and dining in downtown Brevard, only 16 miles away. The Asheville Regional Airport lies 29 miles away and the city of Asheville is 45 miles from the property.
Summary of Features
- Built in 1974; Fully renovated in 2006
- Renovation designed by Platt Architecture
- 3 bedrooms; 3 full baths
- Approximately 2,720 square feet of living space
- Metal and shingle roof
- Exterior of stone, brick and locust post logs
- Trane heat pump
- Motion detection lighting
- Rinnai water heater
- Entry with custom slate steps and risers; hickory posts and rails
- Open floor plan with plenty of light
- Extraordinary views from almost every room
- Oak flooring and natural slate flooring throughout
- Tongue and groove paneling with oak trim
- Great room with massive stone fireplace, vaulted ceiling, skylights and mountain views
- Two master suites
- 1st Master suite on main level with oak flooring, Pella windows, private deck and expansive views
- 1st Master bath with natural slate flooring and shower surround, double granite sinks, walk-in shower with 3 shower heads
- 2nd master on the lower level with natural slate floor and tongue and groove paneling
- 3rd bedroom with slate floor, tongue and groove paneling and direct access to stone patio
- Guest baths with custom oak vanities, granite countertops, subway tile tub and shower
- Family room with gas log stone fireplace
- Extra storage space on the lower level
- Several open decks, covered decks and stone patios with rustic hickory railings and panoramic mountain views
- A rare inholding inside Pisgah National Forest
- 36 acres adjoining Pisgah National Forest
- Wide gravel driveway providing beautiful and easy approach to the home
- 3 stocked ponds
- 2 mountain streams: Dunn’s Creek and Cathy’s Creek
- Trout fishing
- Abundant wildlife
- Exceptional views to Looking Glass Rock and the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Hiking and ATV trails across the property
- Two-story barn for ATV/equipment storage or workshop
- 7.76 acres under conservation easement
- 7 Miles to Balsam Grove
- 15 miles to the Blue Ridge Parkway
- 16 miles to Brevard
- 17 miles to the Transylvania County Airport
- 25 miles to DuPont State Forest
- 29 miles to the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- 30 miles to Hendersonville
- 45 miles to Asheville
MLS | North Carolina Mountains MLS #472256
Price | Reduced from $1,500,000 to $900,000 SOLD!
Contact | For details, please contact
or call Sheelah