Gated Community Estate Home
Poplar Ridge Gated Community in Asheville, North Carolina
Experience truly inspired architecture and meticulous interiors at this exquisite Poplar Ridge estate home. Highlights include slate roof, Brazilian cherry floors, tray ceilings, stunning arched doorways, Viking and Sub-Zero appliances and granite countertops. The quintessential luxury master suite boasts a sunroom, fireplace, morning room and incomparable master bath. Outside, the residence features the ultimate custom swimming pool, hot tub and outdoor kitchen. Enjoy gated security in this premiere community located in the desirable South Asheville area.
The Residence |
With more than 7,800 square feet of living space, this magnificent residence boasts an exterior of stone and pebble dash with an attractive slate roof and copper guttering system. Inside you’ll find a wealth of technology including an alarm system, intercom, central vacuum and zoned heating. Throughout the home, you’ll enjoy specialty wiring for networking and a full range audio/video media. The home also features a circular driveway and an attached 3-bay garage.
The Entrance |
From the circular driveway, the approach to the home features manicured landscaping and a grand covered entrance. You’ll be captivated by the high archway, handcrafted stonework and custom designed Spanish cedar front doors.
The Foyer |
The extraordinary craftsmanship of the woodwork, evident throughout the home, is finely displayed in the elegant two-story foyer. Pay particular attention to the exquisite banisters, intricate and curved crown moldings, and rich Brazilian cherry floors.
Great Room |
This breathtaking room with soaring ceilings and massive Palladian windows provides a setting with unparalleled grandeur. Notice the striking box beam ceiling, cherry floors and handsome gas fireplace. The room provides easy access to the kitchen and to the outdoor deck overlooking the pool.
The discerning chef will appreciate the full range of upscale amenities in this gourmet kitchen. Notice the custom cabinetry, granite countertops, 10-foot center island and designer lighting. The appliance package includes a 6-burner Viking gas stove, Sub-Zero side-by-side refrigerator, Viking Microwave and Viking dishwasher. Nearby is a spacious walk-in pantry with built-in shelving plus a handy butler’s pantry with wet bar and custom cabinetry.
Breakfast Room |
Open to the kitchen, this sunny breakfast room is flanked on one side by tall windows looking into the rich woodlands and on the other by French doors leading out to the lovely sunroom. Notice the cherry floors and tasteful chandelier.
Enjoy formal dining in a truly gracious setting. This inviting room features graceful arched doorways, tall windows, heavy crown molding, handsome wainscoting and a lovely chandelier. The nearby butler’s pantry provides for convenience in serving and storage.
Located just off the foyer, this eye-catching room provides the perfect spot for a personal library or home office. Notice the grand arched doorway, stunning bay window and rich Brazilian cherry floors.
Master Bedroom |
Of all the fine homes our agency has represented over the years, we have never seen a master suite as well appointed as this one. The master wing features a generous space with complete privacy. In the bedroom, you’ll find a stunning tray ceiling, large sunny windows, gas fireplace, and a fully enclosed sun room overlooking the pool and deep woodlands. Between the bedroom and the master bath is a morning kitchen with sink, refrigerator and cherry cabinetry.
Master Bath |
Breathtaking and luxurious, this huge master bath offers lovely archways, heavy crown molding, sunny windows, tiled floors and spacious His and Hers cherry vanities with designer sinks, Kohler fixtures and granite countertops. The room includes a large spa tub with tile surround and an incomparable tiled shower with glass surround, two showerheads and two Rain Shower heads. The complex also includes the master wing laundry room, commode room, and immense walk-in closet complete with arched windows and a shelving system divided into His and Her sides.
Guest Bedrooms |
The home offers guest rooms on all three levels, each with its own ensuite bath. The main level suite offers a charming room with cherry floors, heavy crown molding and views to the pool area while the upstairs bedrooms provide views to the front of the house. One upper level room features vaulted ceilings and a lovely bay window. All rooms include spacious closets and each boasts unique character.
Guest Baths |
All guest baths are beautifully crafted with tiled floors and tub surrounds, granite countertops, attractive lighting and Kohler fixtures.
Lower Level |
The lower level with its extraordinary amount of flexible space provides an ideal spot for a game area or man cave. The large family room offers a huge multipurpose living area with magnificent tray ceiling. A wall of windows and glass doors feature private views and access to the back patio and pool area. The family room includes a gas fireplace, built-in cabinetry, a technology system which supports a full range of media, and a large open space ideal for a pool table. The lower level also includes a guest bedroom with direct patio access and full bath; a laundry room with cast iron sink, granite counters and custom cabinetry; and a home office/craft room area. You’ll also find a convenient kitchenette complete with solid surface cooktop, microwave, dishwasher and breakfast bar.
Outdoor Venues |
The spacious 2.15-acre homesite offers a pristine setting with views of the surrounding mountains, easy-care landscaping and towering native hardwoods. A large portion of the property is fenced for pets. The extra large homesite offers a grand opportunity for outdoor adventures. You’ll also have a perfect spot for indoor/outdoor entertaining on the main level screened porch as well as on the back deck, both easily accessed from the kitchen and great room.
Completed in 2011, this unsurpassed in-ground custom pool commands center of attention for family swim parties or outdoor gatherings of guests and friends. Cradled in a private setting and surrounded by lofty trees, the pool complex includes a stunning hot tub with waterfall feature, wading area, and unbelievable rope swing designed for making that big splash at the deep end. Extensive stonework, fire pit, magnificent outdoor kitchen and seating areas create the ideal outdoor entertainment venue.
The Community |
Poplar Ridge is South Asheville’s most prestigious gated community. Boasting a spectacular mountain setting with easy access to dining, shopping and schools, Poplar Ridge features an enclave of luxury homes built by some of the region’s most respected builders within the consistency of approved design guidelines and restrictive covenants. Poplar Ridge is respected as one of the most desirable private communities in the Asheville area.
The Location |
This grand estate home is located in a pristine mountain setting with desirable privacy and gated security. The convenient location provides an easy drive to all the area’s key amenities. From the home, it’s only 4 miles to shopping and dining in South Asheville. The nightlife of downtown Asheville is only 10 miles away. And its only 5 miles to the Blue Ridge Parkway, 7 miles to I-26 and 9 miles to the Asheville Regional Airport.
Summary of Features
- Built in 2006
- 6 bedrooms; 6 full baths; 2 half baths
- Approximately 7,810 square feet of living space
- Exterior of stone and pebble dash
- Slate roof
- Copper guttering system
- Attached 3-bay garage
- Intercom system
- Alarm system
- Central vacuum
- Zoned heating
- Specialty wiring throughout for networking and audio/video
- Custom designed Spanish cedar front entrance doors and windows
- Exquisite woodwork and specialty ceilings throughout
- Study with bay window, Brazilian cherry floors and heavy crown molding
- Formal dining room with arched doorways, huge windows, heavy crown molding
- Great room with massive Palladian windows, box beam ceiling, gas fireplace, open to the upper level
- Gourmet kitchen with Viking and Sub-Zero appliances, 10-foot center island, granite countertops, custom cabinetry and designer lighting
- Walk-in food pantry with built-in shelving
- Huge master suite with tray ceiling, fully enclosed sunroom, gas fireplace, morning kitchen and spacious windows
- Incomparable master bath with archways, tiled floor, spa tub, two cherry vanities, immense tiled shower with 4 shower heads, laundry room, massive walk-in closet with His and Her sides
- 4 guest rooms, each with ensuite full bath featuring tiled floors, tiled shower surrounds and Kohler fixtures
- Massive family room on the lower level with gas fireplace, media wiring, custom cabinetry, wall of windows and glass doors overlooking the pool area
- Lower level kitchenette with solid surface cooktop, microwave, dishwasher and breakfast bar
- Lower level office or craft room
- Two laundry rooms, both with granite countertops and cast iron sinks
- Exceptional custom in-ground swimming pool and hot tub completed in 2011
- Rope swing, waterfall feature and wading area
- Top-of-the-line outdoor kitchen with stone surround
- Main level deck overlooking the pool with easy access to great room and kitchen
- Lower covered patio with direct access from family room and lower level guest room
- Open stone patio and pool surround
- 2.15 richly wooded acres
- Towering native hardwoods
- Beautiful landscaping with extensive stonework
- Circular paved drive with level parking
- Large portion of the land is fenced for pets
- Private setting and private views
- Poplar Ridge, a premier private community in South Asheville
- Neighborhood of fine homes with similar quality
- Homes built to design guidelines and restrictive covenants
- Park area and children’s playground
- Walking trails
- Gated entrance
- Convenient to shopping, dining and schools
- 4 miles to shopping and dining in South Asheville
- 5 miles to the Blue Ridge Parkway
- 7 miles to I-26
- 9 miles to the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- 10 miles to downtown Asheville
MLS | North Carolina Mountains MLS # 3123260
Price | Offered at $2,500,000
Contact | To schedule a showing, please contact Steve Martyn or Sheelah Clarkson
or call Steve
or call Sheelah
Contact Form |
You may also contact us by using the contact form below.