Victorian Horse Farm
14.6 Acres near Landrum. South Carolina
THIS LISTING NO LONGER ACTIVE
Become enchanted by this storybook Victorian home cradled in a distinguished countryside setting. The immaculate residence features a classic Victorian turret, wraparound porch and veranda. Inside, discover a stunning great room, gourmet kitchen, grand staircase, hardwood floors, gas log fireplaces and two master suites. Experience total privacy, luxurious in-ground saltwater pool and security system. Equestrian amenities include board-fenced pastures and 6-stall center-aisle barn. This property is conveniently located only 2 miles from I-26 and within easy commuting distance of Spartanburg, South Carolina.
Follow a pastoral country lane to reach the farm’s entrance. This gracious tree-lined drive, flanked by rolling pastures and crossing a quaint bridge over a bold stream, creates a gracious estate approach.
The Residence |
Perched on a knoll and surrounded by lush landscape, the 1999 4-bedroom residence offers more than 5,400 square feet of living space. You’ll enjoy an open floor plan, soaring ceilings, numerous upscale appointments and the full charm of Victorian styling.
The Foyer |
As you enter the home through a masterful front door surrounded by lead glass panels, you’ll step into this foyer with its grand curving staircase.
Great Room |
The stunning great room offers soaring ceilings with recessed lighting, hardwood floors, and several sitting areas. The masterful floor-to-ceiling brick fireplace is double sided with cutouts, mantel and gas logs.
Open to the dining area and great room, this sparkling kitchen provides handy workspace and plenty of storage. The appliance package includes Bosch dishwasher, GE Profile side-by-side refrigerator, GE Profile convection oven, GE Profile Advantium microwave oven and Kenmore 5-burner gas cooktop. Chefs will enjoy the deep double sink, handy breakfast bar, ceramic tile countertops and built-in china hutch. A large walk-in pantry, accessed directly from the kitchen, features a separate small refrigerator, trash compactor and built-in shelving for extra storage.
Breakfast Nook |
Enjoy your morning coffee, brunch, or afternoon tea in this cute breakfast nook. Surrounded by windows and featuring built-in seating, this charming nook may become one of your favorite spots in the house.
Just outside the kitchen and adjacent to the great room, this lovely built-in bar provides a wine rack, sink, ice maker, glass-front cabinets above and storage shelves below.
This commanding room provides a cordial setting for family meals and guest entertainment. Notice the heavy crown molding, hardwood floors, tall windows and the double-sided brick fireplace.
Game Room |
Here’s a clever and bright space ideal for a game room, sun room or family recreational center. The space features hardwood floors and French doors on both sides of the room as well as convenient access to the covered porches on the front and back of the house.
Master on Main |
Located on the main level with a sunny sitting area just outside the French doors, this master suite includes beautiful crown molding, chair rail, full ensuite bath and access to the covered back porch.
Turret Room |
The upper landing area, open to the great room below, features French door access to the veranda, built-in bookcases, a lovely wide catwalk and this remarkable turret room. With hardwood floors and two levels of windows, this delightful space, cradled in the home’s front turret, offers a bright hideaway for relaxing or enjoying a good book.
Located on the upper level, this handsome office includes built-in shelving, hardwood floors, ceiling fan and windows with private views across the pool area and into the rich woodlands.
Master Suite |
Wrap yourself in luxury. This elegant second master bedroom on the upper level features a beautiful tray ceiling, gas log fireplace, and French doors opening onto the veranda. The room also includes surround sound in the ceiling. Nearby, in the master wing hallway, is a huge walk-in closet and also a convenient upstairs laundry room with Fisher & Paykel top loading washer and dryer.
Master Bath |
Pamper yourself in this spacious master bath with its gleaming marble floors, his and her sinks, glass-front walk-in shower and separate commode room. The lovely tub, set into the bay window, offers private views out to the woods.
Fitness Room |
Currently used as a home gym, this large room could be used as a fourth bedroom. The space features dormers and numerous windows on three sides overlooking private vistas. With its own full bath and separate stairwell leading up from the garage, it could also be used as a guest apartment.
Guest Room |
Perfect for the princess in your family, the charming pink guest bedroom includes a walk-in closet and numerous windows looking out onto private countryside views. In the adjacent guest bath, you’ll find a glass-front walk-in shower, Jacuzzi spa tub in the corner windows, and marble floors.
Outdoor Venues |
This striking Victorian home was designed for entertaining, both outside and in. The wide, rambling wraparound porch is ideal for those quiet rocking chair evenings. At the back of the house, the self-cleaning in-ground saltwater pool provides a special venue for that cool dip on a summer afternoon. The back patio with brick pavers set in a Herringbone pattern creates a delightful venue for outdoor gatherings and family cookouts. While you dine, you can watch your horses wander from the back paddocks and around the adjacent runway on their way to the front pastures.
With 14+ acres of private grounds, this property feels like a secluded getaway. You’ll enjoy tall native trees, lush landscaping with flowering plants and the organic garden area with raised beds. The landscaping is easily maintained with the help of an automatic sprinkler system. Down by the bridge, a bold stream runs through the property. Listen to the mesmerizing sound of the stream as you enjoy an afternoon outing at the established picnic area. Dog lovers will appreciate more than 3,000 feet of invisible dog fencing installed from the side garage.
Equestrian Facilities |
For equestrians, the property features a center aisle barn with six 12’X12’ matted, open bar stalls. The barn includes a tack room, wash rack and large workshop with built-in work bench and AC. A small studio apartment in barn includes one bedroom and full bath with tile flooring, window AC and gas heater. The second story of the barn with its double door entry provides unfinished space for storage or possible renovation into caretaker’s apartment. The farm includes several board-fenced paddocks and pastures with a runway linking the back barn and paddock area to the front pastures. The paved drive allows easy entry for horse trailers and vans while the level paved area at the barn provides space for parking, loading and hay delivery.
Summary of Features
- Built in 1999
- 4 bedrooms (2 are masters); 4 full baths
- Approximately 5,432 square feet of living space
- Traditional Victorian architectural styling with veranda, turret and wraparound covered porch
- Oversized 2-car garage with 2 windows, washer, dryer, sink, refrigerator, workbench with cabinets and side door leading to dog run
- Beautiful self-cleaning in-ground saltwater pool
- Exterior patio area adjacent to the pool, ideal for outdoor entertaining
- Brick paver driveway to garage and around patio area
- Security system with motion detectors (inside and external sirens)
- Beautifully designed for entertaining both inside and out
- Intercom and sound system throughout the house, inside and out
- Front door with beautiful lead glass panels
- Grand staircase
- Hardwood floors
- Floor-to-ceiling double-sided brick fireplace with gas logs
- Gourmet kitchen with Bosch and GE Profile appliances, 5-burner gas stove, deep double sink, breakfast bar, ceramic tile counters, built-in china hutch
- Walk-in pantry with small fridge, trash compactor and shelving
- Cute breakfast nook in the bay window with pool views
- Game room with wood floor, chair rail and sunny French doors on both sides
- Wet bar with built-in wine rack and cabinets
- Impressive great room with recessed lighting, hardwood floors and floor-to-ceiling brick fireplace
- Formal dining area with build-in cabinets, wood floors and windows looking out to wraparound porch
- Main level master suite with full bath, access to sitting area and to covered back porch
- Upper level landing with turret room, built-in bookcases, and French doors opening out to veranda
- Upper level master suite with gas log fireplace, French doors opening to veranda, tray ceiling, walk-in closet, surround sound speakers
- Master bath with marble floors, large tub, walk-in shower, separate commode room
- Second laundry in the master suite hallway with Fisher & Paykel top loading washer/dryer
- Upper level guest bedroom with walk-in closet plus guest bath with Jacuzzi spa tub, glass enclosed shower, marble floors and private views
- Office with built-in shelves, wood floors, closet, private views
- Gym room in master wing with dormers, private views, full bath and private entrance via back stairwell
- 14.67 acres of rolling terrain
- Completely private setting
- Tree-lined paved drive provides an estate entrance
- Private bridge with concrete pilings
- Charming stream runs through the property
- Picnic area beside the stream
- Approximately 3,000 feet of invisible fencing for dogs
- Lovely organic garden area with several raised beds
- Lush landscaping with numerous flowering plants
- Automatic sprinkler system
- Center aisle barn featuring 6 matted 12’x12’ open bar stalls
- Barn includes tack room, feed room, large workshop with AC, wash rack and clever “cat loft” for the barn cat
- Second story of barn with double door entry is unfinished space for storage or possible renovation into caretaker’s apartment
- Studio apartment in barn includes one bedroom and full bath with tile flooring, window AC and gas heater
- Approximately 10 acres of board-fenced paddocks and pastures with established grass and run-in shed
- Level area for parking horse trailer or van
- Round pen
- Located within easy driving distance of equestrian amenities including FETA trail system, Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE), and Green Creek Equestrian Park
- Proximity to local tack shops, feed stores and state-of-the-art equine veterinary services
- 2 miles to I-26
- 3 miles to grocery shopping
- 5 miles to Landrum SC
- 9 miles to Tryon NC
- 10 miles to Columbus NC
- 20 miles to Spartanburg SC
- 25 miles to Hendersonville NC
- 30 miles to Greenville SC
- 30 miles to Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport
- Proximity to area hospitals including St. Luke’s in Columbus NC, Pardee in Hendersonville NC and Spartanburg Regional in Spartanburg SC
- 45 miles to Asheville NC
Price | Inactive listing
Contact | For similar properties on the market, contact Sheelah Clarkson
or call Sheelah