Loblolly at the Laurel Ridge Country Club
Waynesville NC Golf Community Home
This beautiful home, situated on the 11th hole of the Laurel Ridge Country Club golf course, is impeccably maintained. Featuring an open floor plan, the home is perfectly designed for entertaining guests who enjoy a breathtaking view of the course and the mountains beyond. The Frank Lloyd Wright inspired design, which boasts a 30-foot by 66-foot great room, is surrounded by 2,000 additional square feet of covered deck space, both of which are served by a gourmet kitchen with state of the art appliances. This is a dream home for those who love golf, love to express their culinary expertise and, most of all, love to entertain their friends and family.
The Residence |
The home boasts a sleek “mountain modern” Frank Lloyd Wright architectural style. Wood, stone and a bronze-colored, standing-seam, metal roof are the primary exterior finish materials. The extent of the use of glass to bring in the natural light and to highlight the views from the home is clearly evident.
The approach to the home features a descending driveway, bordered on one side by the construction of varying height, stone retention walls, which add a dramatic and appealing feel. The asphalt drive gives way to a brick paver finish where the driveway begins to level out as it approaches the home. Notice the bronze metal roof and extensive use of windows.
The residence features awesome views of the 11th hole of the Laurel Ridge Country Club golf course. The breathtaking backdrop to the golf views is the majestic Blue Ridge Mountain ridgeline just beyond and above, truly a gorgeous view.
The Foyer |
A solid wood raised-panel front entry door opens to a polished marble entry foyer that welcomes you down the foyer hallway of solid wood flooring and ceiling mounted art spot lighting, perfect to highlight artwork along the corridor walls.
Great Room |
The great room is a full 30 feet deep by 66 feet in width, comprised of the central living room space, the music room on one side and the dining room on the other. Thick, plush carpeting is bordered by a solid wood flooring perimeter. Near full-height glass along the covered rear deck allows for expansive views of the golf course and mountains to the southeast, south and southwest. A huge gas fireplace and raised stone hearth is framed by stone columns along the northern wall. The central space soars to a height of 18-1/2 feet, with clerestory windows bringing in even more light at the upper level. Finally, the sectional seating area is anchored to the center of the room by a fabulous Fine Art chandelier that comes with the home.
Music Room |
The western adjunct to the great room, plush carpeting is surrounded by a perimeter of wood flooring with a grand piano as the centerpiece. The room has expansive views of the golf course and the spectacular mountains just beyond. Built-in shelving along the north wall with low-voltage halogen lighting, along with well-located floor outlets provide excellent alternatives for the décor of this room.
The eastern adjunct to the great room is spacious and well lit with full height glass to maximize the golf course and mountain views. Plush and heavily-padded carpet surrounded by a perimeter wood accent strip, the dining room has an open feel as part of the grand great room, with immediate access to the covered rear deck, creating a perfect environment for entertaining.
Designed, finished and beautifully appointed with entertainment in mind, the gourmet kitchen is a dream for those with a culinary flair. Solid wood Crystal custom cabinets with self-closing hardware provide for almost unlimited storage capacity. Honed granite counter tops by Walter Zanger are accented by full-height Zanger-designed tile back-splashes. The appliance package is state-of-the –art including a Viking gas cook top, Thermador double oven and dishwasher and Subzero refrigerator with wood door panels to match the cabinetry. Ceramic tile flooring supports a large, free-form, granite-topped island, providing for a spacious eat-in kitchen experience. A built-in desk area and low-voltage spot lighting add even more functionality to an already impressive kitchen space.
Keeping Room |
Located immediately adjacent to the Kitchen, this room has a cozy, den-like feel, a perfect place to relax with a cup of coffee and the morning paper while taking in the golf course and mountain views through the full height glass and covered deck. Can easily serve as a very spacious breakfast room, with its immediate access to the kitchen
Butler's Pantry |
This room is filled with custom, solid wood base cabinets and glass-front upper wall cabinets. A bar sink, refrigerator, ice maker and polished marble counter tops add to the functionality and versatility of this space.
Master Bedroom |
An 18 ft by 22 ft spacious master bedroom is another main floor focal point that has expansive views through full glass to the golf course and mountains beyond. Thick wall-to-wall carpeting and padding provide for a warm and cozy feel here. Well positioned wall and floor electrical outlets allow for an almost unlimited layout of furnishings. An immense master bath, dual his and her master closets and an oversized workout room make this truly a “master suite” that has it all.
View from Master Deck |
It doesn’t get much better than the view from the deep and spacious master deck. The fairway of the 11th hole is framed by foliage that bursts with color in the autumn months, only to be outdone by the blue-ridge mountain peaks and ridgelines connecting those peaks in the distance.
Master Bath |
Imported travertine marble floors, Crystal custom cabinetry, white marble counter tops on his and her vanities, a private water closet space, an oversized shower with frameless enclosure, this is a luxury master bath set-up that has all the extras.
Master Closet |
Custom-designed by the More Space Place, the his-and-her separate closet accommodations are roomy and well-designed for maximum utilization, efficiency and versatility.
Family Room |
This is a comfortable second floor space, adjacent to both of the secondary bedrooms that provides for a well lit and cozy gathering and media space, apart from the primary living area below. Clerestory windows and an open-design railing separating this space from the great room below allows for an open and well-lit environment here.
Covered Deck |
The rear deck has an expansive depth of 12 to 16 feet, depending on location, and wraps around the entire rear elevation of the home. The depth allows for the use and placement of a wide variety of furniture groupings to maximize its entertainment potential. There are both covered and uncovered portions, allowing for shaded environments as well as sunbathing. The views, as noted elsewhere are stunning. The open railing design helps to maximize those views of the golf course. Stone columns across the exterior back wall of the interior living spaces and out along and supporting the extended roof above give the home a sense of structural strength and character.
Master Exercise Room |
Wall-to-wall wool Karastan carpet, an oversized Jacuzzi spa tub, a coffee bar with refrigerator and sink and enough square footage for ample exercise equipment make this space a luxury adjunct to the master bedroom wing.
Powder Room |
Entry powder rooms don’t get much nicer than this one: stylish low-voltage lighting, a reclaimed wormy chestnut vanity, Walter Zanger wall tile and imported Italian Travertine Marble make this a memorable space.
Guest Rooms |
The two secondary bedrooms, with thick wall-to-wall carpeting, are as large as most master bedrooms and are located on the second floor for added privacy. Each has its own well-appointed bathroom and share a comfortable family/den room located just outside of the entrance door to each bedroom
Guest Baths |
Both secondary bathrooms have custom, solid wood vanities with plenty of storage, marble floors and large, full height marble-clad showers.
The office, located on the second floor, has wall-to-wall carpet, built-in cabinetry, wormy chestnut wall paneling, low voltage lighting and floor outlets and custom, louvered window shutters that can be closed for privacy or opened to take in the golf course and mountain views.
Laurel Ridge Country Club |
Laurel Ridge Country Club is a golf course community located in the mountain town of Waynesville, North Carolina. Both golf and social memberships are available. The initiation fees and dues structure are extremely affordable. Contact the listing broker for current pricing. The 18-hole championship golf course was designed by Robert Cupp, Jack Nicklaus’ chief designer for 14 years. Golf club members can enjoy course plus practice green, driving range and Pro Shop. Members will also appreciate the clubhouse and restaurant overlooking the golf course, heated swimming pool with waterfall, open-air pavilion, Har-Tru clay tennis courts and social events.
Summary of Features
The Residence: Loblolly is situated on the 11th hole of one of Western North Carolina’s most beautiful mountain golf courses, located at the Laurel Ridge Country Club in Waynesville, North Carolina
- Originally built in 1987 and completely upgraded in 2006
- 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2 half baths
- Approximately 6,300 heated square feet of interior space
- Frank Lloyd Wright inspired design
- The quintessential home for those who love to cook, entertain and enjoy golf on a superb mountain course
- Southern exposure
- Approximately 2,000 square feet of cantilevered covered deck
- Orientation and roof overhang, in conjunction with the seasonal elevation of the sun, is designed to allow solar heating in the winter and minimal solar gain in the summer
- Standing seam, bronze-colored metal roof
- 107 insulated Pella windows
- Native stone and wood exterior finishes
- Four individually zoned Train heat pump units
- Security system throughout
- Sound system throughout, including the expansive rear deck
- Two-car main-level garage
- City water
- Health Department approved septic wastewater system for a three-bedroom residence
- Above grade, 250-gallon propane tank
- Stunning views of the golf course and Blue Ridge Mountains beyond
The Interiors: High-end, high quality and impeccably maintained
- Gourmet kitchen including Viking gas stove, Thermador double oven, Thermador Dishwasher, Subzero Refrigerator/Freezer and GE Microwave
- Multi-use keeping room off kitchen
- Great room including music room at one wing and dining room at other wing
- Expansive master bedroom suite on main floor including spacious master bath, his and hers custom designed walk-in closets and work out room with Jacuzzi spa
- 18.5 foot ceiling height in great room
- Native stone, full height, oversized fireplace (gas) and elevated hearth in great room
- High-grade plush carpet, wood and marble flooring throughout
- Second floor office, family room and secondary bedrooms and baths
- Custom Crystal Cabinetry in kitchen and master bath
- Poplar hardwood trim throughout
- Walter Zanger tile backsplashes and accents
- Granite and marble countertops throughout
- Butler’s pantry off kitchen with bar sink and refrigerator
- Marble and wood flooring at the entry foyer
The Property: A country club setting with stunning mountain views
- Located within the Laurel Ridge Country Club
- Located on the 11th fairway
- Protective Covenants in place
- Gently winding and descending drive, asphalt and brick pavers
- Native stone rock revetment walls along descending driveway
- Breathtaking mid- to long-range mountain views
- Oak trees, Blue Spruce and Loblolly Pines on the property
The Location: Waynesville, NC - voted one of the Best Small Mountain Towns in the USA
- 1.5 miles from major highway 74/23
- 9 miles from Interstate-40
- 27 miles from Interstate-26
- 30 miles to downtown Asheville
- 5 miles to downtown Waynesville
- 3 miles to Central Elementary School
- 3 miles to Waynesville Middle School
- 7 miles to Tuscola High School
- 8 miles to Medwest Regional Medical Center
- 37 miles to the Asheville Regional Airport
Call for pricing
Contact | For details, please contact Sheelah Clarkson.
or call Sheelah