Enchanting Private Estate
53 Acres in Caroland Farms near Tryon, North Carolina
THIS LISTING NO LONGER ACTIVE
Experience sophistication, ultimate privacy and timeless design amid a 53-acre park setting. Custom designed by Hollis-Crocker, this distinctive residence features an open floor plan, heart pine floors, Mexican tile, impressive gourmet kitchen with Thermador and Jenn-Air appliances, and beams reclaimed from an historic church in the Carolina Upstate. The alluring grounds boast a European feel with meandering drive, immaculate landscaping, spectacular in-ground pool and 4-bay garage courtyard. Enjoy the ambiance of a premier equestrian community with private trails.
Estate Entrance | The property invites you in with a genteel approach that embodies the quiet elegance of grand estates from another era. The private paved drive winds through an alluring woodland which reveals meticulous landscaping and handsome stonework.
The Residence |
Poised among tall shade trees, the fine residence with its
handsome stucco with cedar board and batten exterior makes an eloquent
statement. The home boasts an open floor plan, zoned heating, security
system and a remarkable garage courtyard featuring two large garages with
The Foyer |
A covered brick walkway with columns leads up to the historic heart pine front door. Inside, this lovely foyer welcomes guests into the home. Notice the Mexican tile floors, subtle recessed lighting, and large picture window looking out to the grounds. Just off the foyer is a convenient hall closet and a half bath.
Great Room |
Bright and airy, this impressive room features vaulted ceilings with vintage beams reclaimed from an historic church in the Carolina Upstate. Walls of windows bring the outside into the living quarters. The floor-to-ceiling wood-burning fireplace boasts a handsome tile hearth and mantel made from a massive block of solid pine. The wide plank heart pine floors add a comfortable ambiance to the room. French doors lead out to the covered porch and the grounds beyond while a well-crafted staircase leads up to a balcony and the master suite.
Spacious and well-planned, this sunny gourmet kitchen offers every amenity. The massive center island features a Jenn-Air gas cooktop with two burners and griddle. The appliance package also includes Thermador double ovens, Thermador electric stove top and Sub-Zero side by side refrigerator/freezer. Additional appointments include an appliance garage, walk-in pantry, and office nook with built-in computer desk by the window. Granite countertops, Moen faucets and glass front cabinets create a luxurious environment for the chef. Even better, the large corner windows at the sink overlook the private grounds of the backyard and pool area.
Breakfast Nook |
Open to the kitchen and the family room, this lovely corner breakfast nook offers two walls of tall Pella windows overlooking the estate grounds. These windows roll out to create a soft breeze. You'll appreciate the custom shades, Mexican tile floors and recessed lighting.
Family Room |
This attractive room with vintage beams and stone and brick fireplace provides an informal family gathering spot near the kitchen. Notice the handy wet bar and built-in bookcases. From this room, you'll also have easy access to the formal dining area as well as the covered porch and deck. A wall of windows overlooks the estate grounds.
The handsome dining area is ideal for family gatherings or guest entertaining. Glass doors lead out to the covered porch. Your guests will appreciate the Mexican tile floors, lovely pendant lighting and historic beam accents. This room is open to the foyer area as well as the adjacent study and provides easy access to the kitchen through the wide doorway.
Quiet and stately, the study offers walls of built-in bookcases and large picture window looking out to the estate grounds. This is the ideal spot for your library.
Master Bedroom |
Located on the upper floor with two access points, the master bedroom offers a private venue with plenty of space. The room traverses the entire width of the home and features large windows looking out to both the front and the back of the home. The room offers a private sitting area and clever dormer spaces, plus His and Her closets.
Master Bath |
The master suite includes this large and gracious bath with double sinks, large garden tub in the window, walk-in linen closet, and recessed lighting. The tiled shower room offers a sunny window and huge glass front shower.
Guest Bedrooms |
The home includes three large guest bedrooms on the upper level, each one with its own character. The first two bedrooms feature delightful dormer spaces, large closets and windows overlooking private views of the estate grounds. These two bedrooms share a full bath. The third guest room is a cute tree house suite featuring an ensuite bath with tiled shower and a two-level space with loft, vaulted ceiling and massive window overlooking the pool area. This room is ideal for teen space or a home office.
Step out to this private covered porch and open deck area. From here, you can overlook the open spaces of your estate grounds. Perfect for outdoor entertaining, the deck is brick with handsome wood railing.
Your family will enjoy hours of outdoor relaxation at this exquisite pool. With impeccable design and craftsmanship this area features a long in-ground lap pool with a charming fountain at one end and lovely stucco and brick accents surrounding the venue. Enjoy this totally private recreation spot cradled amid tall shade trees and refined landscaping.
Garage Courtyard |
The stunning garage courtyard features two separate garages with a total of four oversized bays. Notice the handsome pavers as well as the stucco and brick wall with steps leading down towards the outdoor pool area. The first garage is connected to the residence by a covered walkway. The second garage, with a bump-out for a potential kitchenette and bath, could be easily converted into an office or guest quarters.
Estate Grounds |
This 53-acre park setting is of the caliber you would expect to encounter on historic European estates. Both regal and genteel, the gently rolling terrain offers a rich bed of established grass with stands of mature hardwoods, numerous varieties of native plantings and a wealth of flowering perennials.
Equestrian Potential |
Located in Caroland Farms, the Carolina Foothills' premier private equestrian community, this estate can be readily transformed into a private horse farm with the addition of a barn and fencing. The rolling terrain lends itself to an equestrian setting while the Caroland Farms community already includes several horse farms and offers miles of dedicated equestrian trails. Moreover, the Tryon area is home to year round hunter pace events, two fox hunts, dressage and carriage clubs, horse shows, horsemanship clinics and the annual Block House Steeplechase. The area's three equestrian parks include the 380-acre Foothills Nature Equestrian Center (FENCE); Green Creek Equestrian Park; and Harmon Field
The Community |
Caroland Farms is a 1200-acre private equestrian community poised on the Carolina state line. As the original conservation development of the area, this premier community ensures protection of the land via conservation easements and community covenants. Caroland Farms offers a 12-mile private equestrian trail system and a distinctive estate setting amid the grandeur of the Carolina foothills.
The Location |
This remarkable 53-acre private estate is poised in the foothills near Tryon, North Carolina, an area known for an upscale lifestyle and its active equestrian community. The charm and character of the Tryon area offers a quality of life unlike any other in the region. Moreover, with a major highway system that includes I-26, U.S. 74 and scenic Highway 9, you'll find proximity to major airports and ease of travel to the nearby mountain towns of Hendersonville, Saluda, Lake Lure and Asheville.
Summary of Features
- Built in 1990
- 4 bedrooms; 3 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 4,300 square feet of living space
- Custom designed by Hollis Crocker
- Exterior of stucco with cedar board and batten
- Roof is dimensional asphalt shingle
- Security system with motion detectors
- 3-zone heat pump
- Propane gas heat on the main level
- Stunning garage courtyard featuring 2 large garages with 4 bays, pavers and handsome stucco wall
The Estate Grounds
- Spacious, open floor plan with easy flow
- Pella windows throughout
- Front door reclaimed from historic church in the Carolina Upstate
- Welcoming foyer with Mexican tile and large windows
- Regal great room with vaulted ceilings, vintage beams, fireplace, wide plank Caribbean heart pine floors and huge windows
- Study with floor to ceiling built-in bookcases, wide plank heart pine floors and views across the grounds
- Gourmet kitchen with Thermador, Jenn-Air appliances plus granite countertops, walk-in pantry and office nook by the window
- Family room with fireplace, wet bar, built-in bookcases and deck access
- Master suite with large bedroom, private views and His and Her closets
- Master bath with large garden tub in the window, walk-in linen closet and separate tiled shower room
- Three handsome guest bedrooms, each with its own personality and large windows overlooking private vistas
- Long rocking-chair covered porch and open deck
- 53.88 rolling acres
- Impeccable setting
- Park grounds with meticulous landscaping
- In-ground swimming pool designed for lap swimming
- Brick and stone walkways
- Hooper Creek runs through the property
- Stands of native hardwoods
- Numerous flowering shrubs and perennials
- Winding paved approach with circular drive
- Established grass
- Plenty of space available to add a barn and fencing to create an equestrian estate
- Several possible homesites provide the setting for a guest house
- The existing separate garage could be readily converted into an office or guest quarters
- A 1200-acre private equestrian community
- Stunning private community protected by covenants
- Conservation easements protect farmland and green space
- Neighboring farms are of similar size and quality
- 12 miles of private equestrian trails
- Located in Caroland Farms equestrian community
- 3 miles to I-26
- 5 miles to Landrum SC
- 8 miles to Tryon NC
- 8 miles to Columbus NC
- 25 miles to Hendersonville NC
- 25 miles to Spartanburg SC
- 35 miles to Greenville-Spartanburg Airport (GSP)
- 45 miles to Asheville NC
Price | Inactive listing
Contact | For similar properties on the market, contact Sheelah Clarkson
or call Sheelah at
Cell Phone: 828.712.2232