Bold Views and Total Privacy on 27 Acres
Custom Log Home located 5 Miles from Lake Lure NC
Sweeping year round mountain views surround this custom log home on 27 acres. Experience total privacy with upscale amenities, gourmet kitchen, fireplace, delightful sunroom, master on main, and open deck with picturesque mountain vistas. Outside, the property features a bold creek, cute garden shed, gardens, walking/ATV trails, multiple building sites. Ideal for summer getaway, retreat or year round living in a pristine mountain setting, this mountain legacy property is located just 5 miles to shopping and Lake Lure.
The Views |
Savor unsurpassed mountain landscapes. From this legacy property, you’ll enjoy 24/7 year round mountain views all the way to World’s Edge, Sugarloaf Mountain and Wild Cat Spur.
The Residence |
Built to last, this 1999 home has been updated with amenities expected by the discerning buyer. Features include a 2012 metal roof and gutters, outside camera and inside motion sensor security system, driveway alarm, air filter system and whole house backup generator.
Great Room |
Step into the home through the hand carved front door with beautiful wood inlay. You’ll be welcomed by this spacious and bright great room. The room features two levels of glass overlooking the mountains plus a handsome stone fireplace with gas logs and custom cedar mantel. From the great room, you’ll have easy access to the kitchen and deck.
This gourmet kitchen is a chef’s delight. The appliance package includes Thermador gas stove/oven, Fisher and Paykel 2-drawer dishwasher, GE Monogram refrigerator/freezer and GE Profile convection microwave. Notice the custom knotty alder cabinetry, Shaw original farm sink, center island, handy breakfast bar and granite countertops.
Poised at the windows to take advantage of the surrounding mountain views, the dining area offers a premier setting and stylish wrought iron chandelier.
The sunroom offers some of the best views in the house. With a cozy Pacific Energy wood burning stove, ceiling fan, Mitsubishi Slimline heating and air conditioning, easy care laminate flooring, and sheer wall of windows, this room is a year round indoor paradise.
Master Suite |
The 20 X 30 master suite offers privacy, space, and rustic elegance. Notice the exposed beams, huge walk-in closet with built-ins, and clever barn door. Another barn door leads to the master bath.
Master Bath |
The ensuite master bath includes a custom tile shower, stylish fixtures, His and Her sinks. A barn door opens to the master bedroom while a sliding glass door opens out to the hot tub.
Guest Loft |
Upstairs, this special loft features a spacious guest bedroom with full bath with claw foot tub, and plenty of storage space. The loft has heart of pine floors and a separate office nook, perfect for a home office or writer’s studio.
Baths & Laundry |
The home includes full baths on all three levels. Washer/dryer hook-ups are located off the half bath on the main level as well as in the garage on the lower level.
Lower Level |
The lower level features a large and very private guest apartment with living area, sleeping area, full bath and bright kitchen. This level offers tile floors, a covered porch, and a private drive-around to the entrance. Guests will find it convenient to park right outside the glass doors.
Hot Tub |
With access from the sunroom and the master suite, this luxurious hot tub on the back porch is situated to take advantage of alluring mountain views and inspiring sunsets.
The covered porch provides sheltered entry from the carport to the front door, and wraps around to the back deck. Ceiling fans, outdoor lighting, wide floors and a handy outdoor storage closet make this porch a delightful venue.
This stunning 2,000-square-foot open deck will become your favorite spot at the house. With electric retractable awnings, the deck is ideal for outdoor entertaining even in bright sunlight or afternoon showers. Enjoy grilling and outdoor dining or just relaxing with a good book and a morning cup of coffee. You’ll feel as if you’re suspended high above the world in this carefree haven.
Parking & Storage |
The residence offers plenty of parking for family and guests. On the main level is a handsome 3-car carport offering easy access to the front door. On the lower level of the house is an enclosed garage which is suited for ATV or golf cart parking. A detached 2-car garage located near the house is the perfect place for parking a boat, tractor, or lawn equipment.
Garden Shed |
With easy access from the gardens and the lower level of the house, this cute garden shed is a convenient spot for storing gardening tools. It could also be used as a child’s playhouse.
The Property |
This 27-acre property is bordered on 3 sides by a bold creek. The acreage includes several ATV and walking trails as well as multiple building sites. Meticulous gardens are lush with hydrangeas, English boxwoods, hostas, day lilies, knockout roses, yellow flag iris and numerous perennials. Blueberry bushes, apple trees, pear trees and peach trees grow on the property. The grounds are rich with rhododendron, mountain laurel and towering native hardwoods.
The Possibilities |
Offering multiple building sites across the 27 acres, this property is ideal for a family compound or multi-generational retreat. The dramatic setting and desirable privacy make it perfect for an artist’s haven or writer’s getaway. With easy access to shopping and dining in Lake Lure, this home makes a wonderful seasonal home near the lake or year-round home in a magical setting.
The Location |
Poised amid pure solitude, this magnificent retreat is located a convenient 5 miles from shopping and dining in beautiful Lake Lure, North Carolina. Chimney Rock State Park is only 9 miles away while the Tryon International Equestrian Center and Tryon Resort lie only 14 miles from this property. Columbus NC and I-26 are within 12 miles. Just 30 to 40 miles away are the larger towns of Hendersonville and Asheville, the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Biltmore Estate, and the Asheville Regional Airport.
Summary of Features
- Built in 1999; Updated 2004 through 2013
- 3 bedrooms; 3 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 3247+ square feet of living space
- 3-car carport plus detached 2-car garage
- New metal roof and gutters (2012)
- Outside camera and inside motion sensor security system
- Driveway alarm
- Rain barrels
- New HVAC (2009)
- New water heater (2013)
- Clean Effects Air Filter System
- Whole house backup generator
- Lower level garage for ATV parking and equipment storage
- Stunning 2,000-square-foot deck with electric retractable awnings
- Upscale interiors with open floor plan
- Custom glass-front door with hand carved wood inlay
- Stone fireplace (gas log) with custom cedar mantel
- Pella Sliding glass doors to deck
- Double pane windows throughout
- Floors of pine, tile, and heart of pine
- Remote control window shades on A-frame windows
- Gourmet kitchen with Thermador gas stove/oven, Fisher and Paykel 2-drawer dishwasher, farm sink, custom knotty alder cabinetry, center island and granite countertops
- Dining area with big views and wrought iron chandelier
- Delightful sunroom with Pella sliding glass door, wood burning stove and stunning 24/7 views
- Spacious master bedroom on main level with large walk-in closet
- Master bath with custom tile shower, His and Her sinks, sliding barn door to bedroom and sliding door to hot tub
- Upper loft bedroom loft featuring full bath with claw foot tub, separate office nook and plenty of storage
- Lower level with separate guest apartment including kitchen, bedroom space, full bath, living area and private drive-around
- Washer and dryer hook-ups on both main level and lower level
- 27 Acres
- Bordered on 3 sides by creek
- Total privacy overlooking a magical setting
- Beautiful established gardens
- Hiking and ATV trails throughout the property
- Delightful garden shed or children’s playhouse
- Meticulous gardens with hydrangeas, English boxwoods, hostas, day lilies, knockout roses, yellow flag iris and numerous perennials
- Blueberry bushes, apple trees, pear trees and peach trees
- Grounds with rhodendendron, mountain laurel and towering native hardwoods
- Private winding drive, paved to the top then gravel at the house for a countryside ambiance
- Exceptional year round mountain vistas
- Views to World’s Edge, Sugarloaf Mountain and Wild Cat Spur
- Located in Mill Spring NC
- 5 miles to shopping and dining in Lake Lure NC
- 9 miles to Chimney Rock State Park
- 12 miles to Columbus NC
- 12 miles to I-26
- 14 miles to Tryon International Equestrian Center
- 17 miles to Tryon NC
- 19 miles to Rutherfordton NC
- 30 miles to Hendersonville NC
- 35 miles to Asheville Regional Airport
- 35 miles to Asheville NC
MLS | North Carolina Mountains MLS 587719
Price | Offered at $837,000 SOLD!
Contact | To schedule a private showing, please contact Sheelah Clarkson
or call Sheelah