English Country Manor Home
Elegant Privacy on 7 Acres in Tryon NC
Discover the ambiance of this distinguished English country manor home and carriage house set amid total privacy on 7 acres. Features include master on main, custom oak floors, arched entries, fireplaces with English coal boxes, zoned heating, security system, custom ironwork, delightful sunroom, 3-bay garage, and gourmet kitchen with granite countertops plus Sub-Zero and Bosch appliances. Offered in pristine condition, this home is located in Huntingwood, a low density 222-acre community on Foothills Equestrian Trails Association (FETA) trails.
The Residence |
Built in 2003, this elegant two-story home is a statement of refinement. From the queen-sized tumbled brick exterior of the house and garden walls to the wrought iron-hinged shutters, European accents abound. Note the placement of interesting windows, dovecotes, copper accents on the arched dormers and on the roof valleys. The three chimneys are placed for function and architectural interest. The residence boasts a full array of amenities including Hurd exterior doors and windows, multiple zone HVAC heat pumps by Trane, 40-year dimensional shingle roof, 3 electric hot water heaters, whole house carbon water filter system, backup propane gas furnace by Trane, and whole house security system.
The Foyer |
The welcoming solid cherry entry door leads to the large foyer which connects with a gallery. Painted birch board and batten follows the stair of custom wrought iron and continues the length of the gallery and hall. The large front window provides a pleasing view of the garden walls and the front entry of the house.
Living Room |
Warm and inviting, the living room features gleaming custom oak floors and walls of birch board and batten. Handsome built-in bookcases flank the coal box fireplace. Three sets of French doors with transoms provide open, bright space. The open floor plan allows easy access to the kitchen, sunroom and front gallery.
Discerning chefs will appreciate this spacious and well-appointed kitchen. A cathedral ceiling with exposed beams complement the brick accent walls, the warm alder wood cabinets, and stainless steel appliances. Food preparation is a delight with the expanses of counter space and large center island. Notice the special touches including double stainless sink, self-closing drawers and breakfast bar. The lighting options accommodate the needs of work space and that of elegant mood lighting. A Thermador 5-burner cook top with commercial quality exhaust and vent hood, Bosch dishwasher, Sub-Zero 48-inch commercial style refrigerator/freezer and Bosch microwave complete the appliance package. From the kitchen, enjoy easy access to the walk-in pantry, wet bar, and formal dining area.
Wet Bar |
Located in the hallway leading from the foyer to the kitchen, this handy nook features an attractive wet bar. Notice the granite countertops, undermount sink, and stylish glass-front cabinetry. This nook also includes a convenient yet hidden area for stereo system set up.
Only steps away from the kitchen and easily accessed from the service area, this convenient laundry room features granite countertops, undermount lighting, tile floors, stainless undermount sink and plenty of storage in the built-in cabinets. A door leads outside to the back of the home.
This gracious dining room offers the ideal venue for family meals and guest entertainment. The elegant arched walls of tumbled brick partition the space to allow function, while maintaining the European influence. Notice the high, sunny windows, custom oak floors and handsome chandelier. Enjoy easy access to both the kitchen and the keeping room.
Keeping Room |
The keeping room will become your favorite space in the house. Boasting cathedral ceilings and large windows overlooking the grounds, this handsome room features a massive hearth, wood panel mantel, and English coal box. The pickled cypress board walls complement the cathedral ceiling and period lighting fixtures. Your guests will appreciate the easy flow throughout the living areas, into the sunroom, and onto the patio areas.
A light and airy space, the sunroom offers tile floors, bead board walls and brass wall sconces. The room boasts three sets of French doors opening to the patio. Five additional double sets of French doors provide access into main living areas of the house.
Located at the end of the gallery, the private study features an arched brick fireplace, cypress board walls and clever desk nook. Doors to the desk nook allow for privacy while the transom and large window retain an abundance of light. A full bath with under-the-stair storage is accessible from both the study and the gallery. Sliding doors lead directly outside to a small porch and the lovely walled garden area.
Master Bedroom |
Savor elegance and privacy in this distinguished master bedroom. The alcove features a large bay window overlooking private views of the grounds while French doors to the sunroom and a large bay window - each with transoms – welcome the light. The dimensions of this room provide space for an intimate seating area and your favorite antique furnishings. Notice the attractive lighting, heavy molding and built-in display cabinet. Large walk-in closets with well-designed shelving and rods easily accommodate storage needs.
Master Bath |
Step into this luxurious bath where custom plantation shutters provide the options of privacy or light. Marble countertops house the double sinks and the vanity area. Lighting options include chandelier, halogen lights, and pewter wall sconces. Glassed and shelved built-ins keep collectibles within view, while enclosed painted cabinets and linen closet offer maximum storage capabilities. A discreet pocket door ensures privacy for the commode area. The large marble tile shower with multiple showerhead options, along with a large garden tub, completes the luxurious bath area.
Guest Bedrooms |
Upstairs, board and batten wainscoting and “bird-cage” wrought iron railing frame the landing area at the top of the staircase. On this level, two spacious guest rooms, each with ensuite bath, offer private views of the terrace and woods beyond. Both full baths include tile floors and undermount sinks while the bedrooms feature spacious closets, ceiling fans, and large windows with plantation shutters.
Guest Suite |
Just inside the service area, between the three-car garage and the kitchen, a private stairway leads to the guest suite. The wrought iron railing and board and batten walls echo the foyer theme. An inviting living area, bedroom, and ensuite bath provide an abundance of space for guests. Two closets, along with attic access, provide storage for the guest quarters. Views are of the private woods and the front garden area of the house.
A perfect location for quiet reflection or guest entertainment, the stamped concrete patio at the back of the residence boasts custom wrought iron railing and direct access from the sunroom. A delightful winding walkway connects the patio to the nearby carriage house. Views of private woodlands ensure privacy for you and your guests.
The 3-bay oversized garage provides an abundance of space for parking and storage. Inside, the garage features concrete floors, an extra storage room and windows for natural light. Enjoy easy access from the garage to the service area, pantry and kitchen wing.
Carriage House |
The charming two-story carriage house is a cozy hideaway accessed by winding stamped concrete walkway. The bright main level is ideal for a writer’s retreat or home gym. The eight full windows allow views of the terrace, house, wooded areas and generous plantings. The lower level with separate exterior entrance is designed for a workshop or hobby room.
The Grounds |
With 7 acres of rolling terrain, this property offers desirable privacy. The entrance features a long creek stone driveway, bordered by plantings and mature hardwoods. A large stamped concrete parking area leads to the house and walled garden areas. The stamped concrete theme is continued through the garden gate and along the side and back of the home. Lava rock surrounds main house and carriage house foundations for decorative effects. Across the grounds, meticulous landscaping includes a full array of perennials, ground covers, ornamental trees and flowering bushes. The informal garden touches are a perfect completion to the European country design.
The Location |
This distinctive residence is located in Huntingwood, a 222-acre low density community with only 24 lots, ranging in size from 5 acres to 30 acres. This planned community with protective covenants features a mixture of farms and single family up-scale homes and underground power. Huntingwood is on the Foothills Equestrian Trails Association (FETA) walking and riding trail system. The community is located in Tryon NC, only a couple of miles from shopping and dining and 4 miles from I-26. The surrounding towns of Tryon, Landrum and Columbus all provide a delightful small-town atmosphere while the larger cities of Greenville and Spartanburg as well as the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport lie only 25 miles away.
Summary of Features
- Built in 2003
- 4 bedrooms; 5 full baths; 1 half bath
- Approximately 5370 square feet of living space
- English Country Manor style custom home
- Queen sized tumbled brick exterior
- 40-year dimensional shingle roof
- 3-car garage with storage and over-sized bays
- High quality double pane windows and French doors throughout
- Hurd exterior doors and windows
- Custom iron work on front side door, study, transom and fireplace screens
- 2 gas coal box fireplaces with wood burning fireplace in den
- Whole house carbon water filter system and water softener
- 3 electric hot water heaters
- Multiple zone HVAC heat pumps by Trane
- Backup propane gas furnace by Trane
- Whole house security system
- Encapsulated crawlspace
- Sump pump/dehumidifier and French drain
- Wrought iron-hinged shutters
- Dovecotes and copper accents on the arched dormers and roof valleys
- Three chimneys are placed for function and architectural interest, the dominant chimney is stuccoed with dual chimney pots for the wood burning fireplace
- Welcoming solid cherry entry door leads to the large foyer
- Custom oak floors
- Gracious living room featuring birch board and batten walls, fireplace, French doors with transoms
- Sunroom with tile floors, bead board walls, brass wall sconces, three sets of French doors to the outside and five other double sets of French doors accessing the main living areas of the house
- Gourmet kitchen with granite countertops, center island with breakfast bar, pickled solid alder wood cabinets and mixed all wood painted cabinets, multi-level lighting, Bosch and Sub-Zero appliances
- Dining room with elegant arched walls of tumbled brick and European influence provides easy access to both the kitchen and the keeping room
- Large walk-in kitchen pantry with plenty of shelving and storage space
- Spacious laundry room with tile floors, undermount sink, numerous built-ins and private entry
- Keeping room featuring English coal box fireplace with massive hearth and wood panel mantel plus pickled cypress board walls, cathedral ceiling period lighting fixtures and views of the terrace
- Master suite witha large bay window, French doors leading to the sunroom, transoms, intimate seating area, and large walk-in closets with well-designed shelving
- Master bath featuring custom plantation shutters, marble countertops, double sinks, glassed and shelved built-ins, private commode room, marble tile shower with multiple showerhead options and garden tub
- Private study with arched brick fireplace, cypress board walls, desk nook with pocket doors, private sliding glass door entrance from the walled garden
- Study bath featureswhimsical pine needle chandelier and sconces, oak floors with tile finishes custom painted cabinets, and under-the-stair storage
- Upper level featuring two guest bedrooms, each with ensuite baths, walk-in closets, plantation shutters and private views of the terrace and woods, plus a small computer room or hobby room.
- Guest quarters above the garage with private stairway,living area, bedroom, bathroomand private views of the woods and the front garden area of the house.
- Cozy hideaway with easy access from the main residence
- Two levels with separate entrance on each level
- Sunny upper level, ideal for private office, writer’s studio or home gym
- Lower level perfect for workshop or hobbyist
- Easy access from the main residence
- The eight full windows allow views of the terrace, house, wooded areas and plantings
The Community: Huntingwood
- 7.02 acres of gentle terrain
- Desirable privacy
- Mostly wooded with hardwood and a few pines for winter color
- Long crusher run driveway with creek stone layer for color and textures
- Numerous plantings of seasonal flowers and bushes
- Lava rock surrounds main house and carriage house foundations for decorative effects
- Limited lawn and plant sprinkler system
- Placement of granite rock at strategic locations for wet weather situations
- Well pump with output of 25 gpm system for landscape care
- Landscaped entrance, long creek stone driveway, bordered by plantings and mature hardwoods Large stamped concrete parking area
- Curving stamped concrete walkways
- Protected, planned community of large acreage homes or farms
- Low density community with only 24 lots
- Lots ranging in size from 5 acres to 30 acres
- Mixture of farms and single family up-scale homes
- Located on FETA walking and riding trail system
- All power is underground
- Community includes 222 acres with protective covenants
- 2.5 miles to downtown Landrum SC
- 2.5 miles to the Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE)
- 4 miles to downtown Tryon NC
- 4 miles to I-26
- 7 miles to downtown Columbus NC, the county seat
- 13 miles to the Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC)
- 25 miles to Spartanburg SC
- 25 miles to the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport
- 25 miles to Hendersonville NC
- 30 miles to Greenville SC
- 45 miles to Asheville NC
- 90 miles to Charlotte Douglas International Airport
MLS | North Carolina Mountains MLS 583658
Price | Offered at $1,450,000
Contact | Foe details of more properties like this one, contact Sheelah Clarkson.
or call Sheelah
Contact Form |
You may also contact us by using the contact form below.