A Magical Setting on 9 Acres at Lake Lure NC
No Longer on the Market
Live in a magical setting at the confluence of two bold creeks. This stellar creekside home and cute guest cottage on 9 acres offer elegant living in a distinguished rural setting. Enjoy open floor plan, creek views, Marvin windows, hardwood and tile floors, central vac, gourmet kitchen, and superb stonework. You’ll also discover delightful bridges, historic outdoor fireplace, workshop/RV garage, organic gardens. Three Creeks is a gated community near Lake Lure featuring idyllic privacy, miles of walking trails and stunning waterfalls.
The Setting |
At this magnificent custom home, you’ll feel as if you’re living in your own private national park. The home is oriented to take advantage of private views across two bold mountain streams. With 9 acres of level terrain, the property features delightful bridges, stone walkways, organic gardening spaces, heirloom apple trees, massive boulders, and plenty of opportunity for trout fishing, hiking, and biking. Enjoy a host of wildlife including otters, deer, blue herons, wood ducks, mergansers, songbirds, kingfishers, and wild turkey.
The Residence |
The handsome custom home features one level living with a host of upscale amenities. The residence includes a masonry stucco exterior, architectural dimensional roof shingles, two HVAC units with gas furnaces, two water heaters, central vac and Marvin windows. Exterior walls are 6" stud walls. The back of the house and the master wing offer year round views of the creeks.
Great Room |
The stunning custom built Rumford style stone fireplace is the centerpiece of this great room. Notice the vaulted tongue and grove pine ceiling with beams, Velux skylights, built-in shelving and hardwood floors. This room overlooks the creek. For that feeling of bringing the outdoors inside, open up the expansive glass doors and listen to the soothing sound of rushing water.
A chef’s delight, this gourmet Kitchen features an appliance package with Dacor gas cooktop, KitchenAid double ovens, and two dishwashers. Notice the tile countertops, custom pine cabinetry, handy breakfast bar, built-in desk space and hardwood floors. Large triple windows provide a sunny view across the grounds. There’s plenty of storage space plus a nearby mud room with Kenmore freezer, stainless sink and counters with tile countertops. The adjacent keeping room offers another large window and seating space.
This magnificent dining area provides a handsome space with massive windows on two sides overlooking the creek and grounds. One wall is stacked stone. Notice the hardwood floors, pine ceilings and handsome chandelier.
Cathedral ceilings, exposed beams and tall windows with private views across the grounds offer the perfect space for office or home library. The large closet space and full bath across the hall also enable this room to function as a third bedroom.
Master Bedroom |
Overlooking creeks on two sides, this spacious master suite provides plenty of space and privacy. Notice the oak floors, recessed lighting, ceiling fan, and massive walk-in closet.
Master Bath |
In the master bath you’ll find a large triple window plus walk-in glass front shower with two shower heads and tiled seat. The room also includes vanity with His and Hers sinks, tiled floors, tile countertops, and Kohler commode in a nook with its own window.
Guest Suite |
This charming guest suite offers a clean and bright space with large windows, built-in shelving, and large closet. The room also offers hardwood floors, ceiling fan, and a full ensuite bath.
This delightful covered porch frames totally private views of two creeks. With native stone floor, pine tongue and groove ceiling, and three skylights, this inviting space provides the perfect venue for guest entertaining or quiet reflection amid the sounds of nature.
Outdoor Venues |
This residence was designed with an active outdoor lifestyle in mind. The property includes a delightful hot tub overlooking the creeks plus a nearby outdoor shower. Two custom bridges provide a wonderland setting for wandering amid woodlands and rushing creeks. Located between the main house and guest cottage lie the ruins of an old homeplace. The stone walls still stand along with the working stone fireplace. Known as “The Ruins,” this lovely old fireplace offers an outdoor spot to gather by the fire in the evenings.
Guest Cottage |
Renovated in 1999, the guest cottage offers a private venue with approximately 1500 square feet of living space, locally milled siding, and shingle roof. The main level includes two bedrooms, full kitchen, sitting room and full bath. There’s also a delightful rocking chair porch with outside access to a half bath. On the lower level, the cottage includes a separate entry to art studio space, exercise room, half bath and laundry. This cute guest cottage offers idyllic year round creek views.
In addition to the guest cottage, this property offers two outbuildings. The large garage/workshop is designed to house farm equipment, provide RV parking and golf cart storage or function as a huge hobby space. Located between the main residence and the organic gardens, the potting shed offers a handsome storage space. Designed to match house exterior, this clever building has a concrete floor and covered wood storage area. A stone path connects the house and potting shed.
The Grounds |
The nine-acre property is rich with native trees, flowering shrubs, and wildlife. Notice the stone walls and stone walkways winding through the property. Enjoy established blueberry bushes, a summer flower garden and scuppernong arbor. A small orchard of Stayman Winesap apple trees remain from an old homeplace. Notice the wild persimmons, figs and chestnut trees. An established 1-acre organic garden offers the ideal spot for growing your own produce. More level land is available for gardening.
The Community |
Three Creeks is an established 280-acre gated mountain community with extensive walking trails, swimming pond with gazebo, several bold streams, and three magical waterfalls. The upper falls boasts an amazing 140-foot drop. All 19 homesites in Three Creeks have been sold. The Property Owners Association (POA) has substantial cash surplus and no debt. The community includes a remarkable 220 acres of green space plus a charming Library Cabin overlooking the lower waterfalls in the common area. This one-of-a-kind community features tranquil low-density living in a lush, expansive setting that embodies the spirit and feel of a private mountain park.
The Location |
Three Creeks is located north of Lake Lure, NC, only 4 miles from the Rumbling Bald Resort and 11 miles from I-40 where you can enjoy shopping and banking in the charming town of Old Fort, NC. From Three Creeks, local dining is only 4 miles away. Shopping and dining in the beautiful town of Black Mountain lie only 19 miles away while the eclectic city of Asheville is a 30-mile drive via I-40.
Summary of Features
- Custom built in 1995
- 2 bedrooms; 3 full baths
- Approximately 2940 square feet of living space
- One story/masonry stucco
- Marvin windows
- Hardwood and ceramic tile floors
- Many ceiling fans
- 2 HVAC units with gas furnaces
- 2 water heaters
- Central vacuum system
- Covered stone patio, creekside with pine tongue and groove ceiling and skylights
- Family room ceiling has Icynene (12") insulation
- Other ceiling spaces had more fiberglass insulation added in recent years
- Exterior walls are 6" stud walls
- Septic system
- Well water (NC State government water test of ph 6.7)
- Outside shower and creekside hot tub
- Architectural dimensional roof shingles
- Gutters: copper and standard
- 2 car carport with breezeway to house
- Great room with custom built Rumford style stone fireplace, Vaulted tongue and grove pine ceiling with beams, 3 Velux skylights
- Gourmet Kitchen with Dacor gas cooktop, double ovens, 2 dishwashers, tile countertops, custom pine cabinetry, built-in desk and keeping room
- Dining area with natural stone interior wall
of windows overlooking creek and pine ceiling with exposed beams
- Office with Custom cabinetry and decorative gas stove; Room can double as a guest bedroom
- Spacious master suite with stunning creek views
- Master bath with tiled shower, 2 shower heads, walk-in closet, ceramic tile, custom pine cabinetry, views to the creek
- Guest bedroom with private views and full bath
Laundry room with stainless steel utility sink, adjacent to master bath and bedroom
- Utility/mud room with large sink, tile countertops, and storage, locatd between breezeway and kitchen
- Patio with native stone floor, decorative stone wall, pine tongue and groove ceiling,
3 skylights and creek views
- Renovated in 1999
- Approximately 1500 square feet of living space
- 2-story with locally milled siding and shingle roof
- Main level includes 2 bedrooms, kitchen, full bath and living room
- Lower level includes art studio space, exercise area, half bath, laundry
- Half bath access from exterior on porch
- Private creek views
- Potting shed with garage style door and concrete floor, located between gardening areas and house; Designed to match house exterior
- Garage/Workshop with approximately 1600 square feet;
three garage doors and shed; ideal for RV parking
- Charming historic outdoor stone fireplace remaining from the ruins of an historic home
Three Creeks Community
- 9 acre homesite
- Paved driveway with aggregate pebble top
- Gardening space of 1 acre with more gardening spaces located around property
- Spring fed reflection pond
- Bridge to private island surrounded by three converging creeks (Taylor Creek, Little Cedar Creek, and Bailey Creek)
- Meticulous landscaping with spectacular stonework and winding stone walkways with 6” concrete base
- Private gated community with 280 acres, bold creeks, miles of walking trails, and magnificent waterfalls
- Property Owners Association (POA )active since 1995
- All 19 homesites sold
- 15 owners (some owners owns multiple sites)
- POA has no debt
- POA manages the community owned property
- POA has a substantial cash surplus
- Located in the Three Creeks Community of Lake lure, North Carolina
- 4 miles to Rumbling Bald Golf Resort
- 4 miles to dining
- 11 miles to I-40
- 11 miles to shopping and banking in Old Fort, NC
- 13 miles to downtown Lake Lure, NC
- 19 miles to Black Mountain, NC
- 29 miles to Hendersonville, NC
- 32 miles to Asheville, NC
MLS | North Carolina Mountains MLS 569156
Price | No longer on the market
Contact | To find similar properties, please contact Sheelah Clarkson.
or call Sheelah