Wildernest on Summit
Year Round Home & New Boathouse at Lake Summit, North Carolina
Located in the main section of desirable Lake Summit, this well kept and updated year-round home features wonderful lake views from nearly every room, huge rock fireplace, master suite separate from the other bedrooms, and a great new two-slip boathouse.
The Residence |
Custom designed for this site overlooking Lake Summit, this 4-bedroom, 2½-bath home was built in 1977 and has since been updated and improved. Features include kitchen with breakfast bar, large great room with rock fireplace and vaulted ceiling, master suite on the upper floor with a private den, three bedrooms on the lower floor with den, two-car garage, decks and porches, and mature landscaping with decked paths.
Great Room |
With its vaulted and beamed wood ceiling, massive rock fireplace, and stunning views of the lake, this room is a favorite gathering spot. On either side of the fireplace are custom built cabinets. Step through the sliding glass doors to the large deck, an ideal spot for grilling, dining and socializing.
Updated in 1997, the well-designed kitchen features a cook top, wall oven, built-in microwave, side-by-side refrigerator, new s/s dishwasher, pantry and breakfast bar open to the dining room. A larger pantry is located just to the rear of the kitchen in the laundry room.
With its breathtaking view of the lake, oak floors, and wood walls, your guests and family will want to linger here long after the meal is over.
Master Bedroom |
The master suite on the upper level features a large bedroom with a commanding view of the lake, great bath, and large walk-in closet. A separate den/study with vaulted ceiling and porch adjoins the master suite. Behind the study is a large storage room which could easily be converted to another bedroom.
Master Bath |
With separate His and Her vanity areas, large soaking tub, and skylight above; this bright oversized master bath is a quiet retreat.
3 Guest Bedrooms |
On the lower floor, three large bedrooms with their own den and bath provide a great refuge for children or guests.
With its low maintenance yard and mature landscaping of flowering shrubs, this lake property won’t keep you tied down with yard chores. You’ll be free to spend more time boating or enjoying spectacular views of the lake from this ideal vantage point.
The Boathouse |
Built in 2010, the new cedar shake boathouse has two large boat slips, large storage room, bar, deck, grassy area, and wonderful swim area. Located in the main section of the lake, it is set back from the main boat traffic.
Lake Summit |
Covering about 300 acres with around 10 miles of shoreline, Lake Summit is a very special place. Duke Power generates power from their hydroelectric plant at the eastern end of the lake. There are just over 250 cottages with boathouses around the lake; most used as summer getaways. On the western end of the lake and along the headwaters of the Green River, Camp Greystone for girls, Camp Green Cove for girls and Camp Mondamin for boys have a long history as popular summer camps. The Green River is the main tributary for the lake, and with just one look into the water, you will know why it is called the "Green" River. Residents enjoy power boating, sailing, skiing, wakeboarding, kayaking, swimming, pontoon cruises and just sitting on the porch taking in the view.
The Location |
Lake Summit has long been one of the most desired locations in the mountains. Just 8 minutes from Flat Rock and 12 minutes to Hendersonville, Lake Summit is centrally located between Greenville, Spartanburg, and Asheville; each just about 35 minutes away. The Asheville Regional Airport (AVL) is an easy 20-minute drive. The Douglas International Airport in Charlotte airport is a 90-minute drive.
Summary of Features
- 4 bedrooms; 2 full baths; 1 half bath
- Built in 1977 and updated since
- Nearly 3000 square feet of heated space
- One of the few homes in the main section of the lake built for year round living
- Fabulous view of Lake Summit from nearly every room
- House is sited on the lot to take advantage of the sunny southern exposure for winter warmth and summer shade. Once the sun is up in the winter, the heat hardly runs
- Well designed for a large family
- Large deck overlooking the lake
- Security system
- HVAC propane furnace with central A/C
- Satellite system
- ATT Internet service
- City water
- 2-car attached garage
- Architectural shingle roof replaced in 2006
- Open floor plan with large rooms
- Great lake views from nearly every room
- Rock fireplace with gas logs
- Window treatments
- Vaulted ceilings
- Storage room could be bunk room
- Located on the main section of the lake
- Fantastic views
- Built in 2010
- Two large slips with decks
- Attractive landscaping with yard area
- Ideal swim area
- Stunning year round lake views
- Beautiful low maintenance landscaping
- .39 acres
- Easy access to Hendersonville and Flat Rock via the Zirconia cut through
- Located on Lake Summit in Tuxedo, NC
- 4 miles to I-26
- 4 miles to Flat Rock
- 8 miles to Hendersonville
- 20 miles to the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- 30 miles to Asheville
- 30 miles to Greenville SC
- 35 miles to the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
MLS # | North Carolina Mountains MLS #463601
Price | Offered at $775,000 SOLD!
Contact | To schedule a private showing, please
contact Jim Kirkpatrick.
or call Jim at
Cell Phone: 828.674.5733