Serenity on Golden Pond
Private Lakefront Home on 5 Acres near Hendersonville NC
Live amid the beauty reminiscent of On Golden Pond. This storybook home shines with ambiance, historic character, and a serene lakefront setting on a private mountain lake. You’ll be delighted with this immaculate residence at the center of magical 5-acre setting featuring lake frontage, deep woodlands and hand crafted stonework. The vintage home has been meticulously restored and is in pristine move-in condition. The property also includes a cute guest house with separate driveway and an artist’s studio on the second level, ideal for rental, guests, teens or home office. Enjoy easy access to shopping and dining in Flat Rock and Hendersonville plus an easy 4-lane commute to both Greenville SC and Asheville NC.
The Residence |
Magical in all regards, Serenity features a delightful pre-1940s residence with the convenience of updated amenities while retaining the allure of historic charm. The 3-bedroom, 3-bath home offers high ceilings with bead board, white oak flooring on the main level, new carpet on the upper level, and porcelain tile floors in the kitchen and baths. Upgrades include R50 insulation in the attics, 30-year roof installed in 2006, double hung tilt low-e insulated windows, new flex ducting system, and whole house generator fueled by propane from underground storage tank. This home is bright, well-built, nicely upgraded, and in immaculate move-in condition.
The Lake |
This breathtaking private mountain lake is owned by a neighboring property. At Serenity, you’ll enjoy year round private lake views and full lake access without the responsibility of lake ownership or maintenance. You’ll have your own private dock and plenty of shoreline for fishing, picnicking, or canoeing.
Living Room |
Entering the home from the circular drive, you’ll be greeted by this inviting room with its lovely brick fireplace featuring vent-free gas logs and custom mantel. Notice the high ceilings, heavy molding, white oak floors, lovely transom above the entry door, and stained glass window by the staircase. Large, sunny windows look out to private views on two sides of the home.
This bright kitchen has been upgraded with stainless steel appliances, custom maple cabinets, undermount sink, granite countertops, tile backsplash and all new plumbing and electrical. Enjoy instant hot water from the tankless Rinnai hot water heater. The porcelain tile floors and custom stain glass lights offer the finishing touches to this sparkling room. Adjacent to the kitchen, the laundry room, pantry and cold porch offer plenty of space for household tasks and storage.
The formal dining room boasts a large space adjacent to the kitchen with built-in china cabinet and direct access to the front covered porch. Double windows overlook the lake. The main level full bath is located just off this room. Notice the cast iron Jotul wood stove, stainless flue, new chimney, brick hearth and brick backsplash.
This handsome room features built-in library shelving plus direct access to the kitchen, living room and charming screened back porch. Notice the ceiling fan and white oak flooring. This space is ideal for a family room, home office or private library.
Master Suite |
Upstairs, the master suite offers a peaceful respite. The sunny bedroom offers a gas log fireplace, ensuite bath, and walk-in closet. Notice the bead board ceilings, plaster walls and stained glass transom. French doors lead out to the extraordinary private covered porch overlooking the lake. The porch features custom cedar railings, wood floors, and ceiling fan. From this vantage point, you’ll enjoy private lake views all year round.
Guest Bedrooms |
The home offers two guest rooms along with a guest bath, all on the second level. Both guest rooms offer sunny windows, ample closet space, bead board ceilings, carpeted floors and private views across the property.
Porches & Views |
This home offers several lovely porches. The main level covered porch boasts custom cedar railings and pristine lake views. With easy access to the main level living area, this porch is ideal for guest entertaining. The back porch is a cozy screened porch overlooking the grounds outfitted with a Vermont Castings gas grill tied to the underground LP tank. The upstairs covered porch is the private master suite, also offering private lake views year round. There’s also an enclosed cold storage porch, original to the house.
Guest Cottage |
Cute, bright and private, the Carriage House provides the ideal spot for guests, teens or private office space. Inside, the Carriage House offers an open floor plan on the main level with sleeping area, living area, kitchen and bath. The back deck with custom railings overlooks private woodlands. Upstairs, the Carriage House features an artist’s studio with separate exterior staircase entrance. This guest cottage has its own private driveway and parking area. It is currently rented..
The Grounds |
At this idyllic lakefront home, you’ll enjoy 5 acres of easy care landscape with an abundance of remarkable custom stonework including magnificent spiral stone steps. The property features mature native trees, including red spruce, oak, sourwood, poplar, hickory and birch. In season, a full array of wildflowers bloom throughout the grounds including lady slippers, trillium, hearts-a-bustin, rhododendron, mountain laurel, moon flowers, morning glories. You’ll also find wild grapes wild raspberries and burning bush. Structures on the grounds include the family fire pit, a children’s tree house and swing set, concrete fish pond with custom trellis system, a charming grape arbor, and the handy equipment shed. A haven for birds and small wildlife, this property is a Certified Wildlife Habitat.
The Location |
Serenity is located in the delightful community of Tuxedo, North Carolina, an area known for its numerous private summer camps and beautiful Lake Summit which spans over 300 acres with 10 miles of shoreline. In addition to its lakefront setting on a private pond, Serenity offers access to nearby Lake Summit and the opportunity to enjoy power boating, sailing, skiing, wakeboarding, kayaking, swimming and pontoon cruises. From Serenity, you’ll enjoy proximity to shopping and dining in Flat Rock and Hendersonville NC as well as an easy 4-lane commute to both Greenville SC and Asheville NC.
Summary of Features
- Built pre-1940s
- 3 bedrooms; 3 full baths
- Approximately 2140 square feet of living space
- Year-round lake views from the home
- Fully updated, in pristine move-in condition
- R50 insulation in the attics
- 30-year roof installed in 2006
- Double hung tilt low-e insulated windows
- Central A/C on the main level
- All new flex ducting system
- High efficiency propane forced air on the main level
- Heat pump indoor and outdoor unit for the upstairs
- Screened porch with Vermont Castings gas grill tied to the underground LP tank
- 14kw whole house generator fueled by propane from underground storage tank
- Direct TV and high-speed Internet available
- Upper and lower covered porches, both with lake views
- 10-foot ceilings with bead board
- White oak hardwood flooring
- New carpet upstairs
- Porcelain tile floors in kitchen and baths
- Tankless Rinnai hot water heater
- Living room with vent-free gas log fireplace and custom mantel
- Library with built-in library shelving
- Dining room with built-in china cabinet plus cast iron Jotul wood stove, stainless flue, new chimney and brick hearth
- Updated kitchen with stainless appliances, custom maple cabinets, granite countertops, tile backsplash and all new plumbing and electrical
- Laundry room and pantry on the main level
- Master suite with walk-in closet, ensuite bath and private covered porch overlooking the lake
- All baths in the home have been updated
The Guest Cottage
- Located on a private lake
- Enjoy shoreline and full lake access without lake ownership or responsibilities
- Stocked for fishing with brim and bass
- Ideal for swimming, fishing or canoeing
- Enjoy your own private dock
- Fully remodeled
- Open floor plan
- One-level living
- 1-bedroom, 1-bath, kitchen, living area
- Gas stove and stainless double sink
- Stained glass windows
- Ceiling fans
- Tile floors in kitchen, bath, and at entry
- Stacked washer and dryer
- Heat pump
- Private back deck overlooking the woodlands
- Upper level artist’s studio with separate entrance
- Separate drive and easy parking
- Exceptionally private
- Ideal for guests, teens, private office or rental
- Currently rented
- 5 acres of natural wonder
- Extensive custom stonework, including spiral stairs
- Paved private drive with circular drive at the house
- Concrete fish pond with custom trellis system
- Native trees include red spruce, oak, sourwood, poplar, hickory, and birch
- Wildflowers include lady slippers, trillium, hearts-a-bustin, rhododendron, mountain laurel, moon flowers, morning glories
- Family fire pit, children’s tree house and swing set, grape arbor
- Equipment and tool shed
- Property is a Certified Wildlife Habitat
- Located in the Tuxedo area of the Green River Community
- Enjoy access to 300-acre Lake Summit for water skiing, boating, wakeboarding, kayaking and swimming
- The nearby Green River is ideal for canoeing and kayaking
- This community is home to several private summer camps including Camp Green Cove, Camp Mondamin, and Camp Greystone
- Easy 4-lane commute to Hendersonville and Asheville in NC as well as Greenville SC
- Located in the Tuxedo community
- 1.5 miles to Lake Summit
- 5.5 miles to Flat Rock NC
- 9 miles to Hendersonville NC
- 9 miles to Saluda NC
- 18 miles to Tryon NC
- 20 miles to Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- 25 miles to Brevard NC
- 25 miles to Greenville SC
- 30 miles to Asheville NC
- 32 miles to Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
MLS | North Carolina Mountains MLS 572861
Price | Offered at $450,000 SOLD!
Contact | For details, please contact Sheelah Clarkson.
or call Sheelah at
Cell Phone: 828.712.2232