River Community Lodge
Summit Landing on the Green River at Lake Summit NC
Enjoy kayaking, canoeing and mountain charm in a gated riverfront community. This pristine 2004 home offers the perfect lock-and-leave getaway with 6-acre river park and Lake Summit access. Features include stacked Virginia stone fireplace, cathedral ceiling, reclaimed heart pine floors, Palladian windows, master on main, breezy deck, and large richly wooded homesite. This residence is ideal for investment, shared family property or second home. Located near several private summer camps, the home is convenient to shopping and dining in Flat Rock, Hendersonville, and Saluda. It’s an easy commute to both Asheville NC and Greenville SC.
The Residence |
Surround yourself in the serene feeling of a private mountain lodge with superior craftsmanship and sophisticated styling. Custom built by Jeff McCrain of Promise Builders, this 2004 home features an exterior of cedar shake siding and stone. Large windows bring in the light while a magnificent deck runs the length of residence.
The Entry |
This main level entrance offers a covered porch with easy access from the parking area. Just inside the door, the front hallway includes a handy laundry area tucked into the hall closet. The home can also be accessed from the French doors on the lower level.
Great Room |
A grand space for the mountain lifestyle, this magnificent great room features cathedral ceilings, large sunny Palladian window, and reclaimed heart pine floors. The centerpiece of the room is the remarkable floor-to-ceiling stacked Virginia stone wood burning fireplace. The great room also includes a clerestory window and handsome antler chandelier. The custom staircase boasts iron railings plus handrails and steps crafted from reclaimed heart pine.
Fully equipped and nicely designed, this bright kitchen offers the perfect arrangement for preparing quick snacks or full meals. The room features Bosch dishwasher, stainless steel appliances, Corian countertops, recessed lighting, plenty of storage, and reclaimed heart pine floors.
Poised in the kitchen area, this beautiful dining nook is framed by a massive Palladian window looking out to the deck and year round views towards the mountains. Notice the stylish chandelier.
Master Bedroom |
Enjoy this sunny master bedroom on the main level. With three large windows, gleaming reclaimed heart pine floors and large walk-in closets, this room offers a relaxing space for rest and relaxation.
Master Bath |
This delightful master bath features an oval soaking tub, corner shower, pedestal sink, stone tile flooring and Kohler bronze fixtures. Notice the wainscoting and attractive lighting.
Guest Bedrooms |
Guest bedrooms are located on the upper level and lower level of the home. The upper level features pure wool carpeting while the lower level bedroom includes heart pine flooring. Notice the spacious carpet and windows with private views into the woodlands.
Guest Baths |
All three baths in the home feature stone tile floors, antique mirrors, and custom made shower curtains. In the upper level bath, notice the handsome wainscoting made of reclaimed cypress lumber from the historic Lake Summit flume.
Family Room |
On the lower level, this distinctive family room offers a wood burning stacked stone fireplace, acid-washed concrete floors, stylish paneling and glass door exit to the back yard.
Decks & Views |
Step out onto this beautiful deck overlooking the grounds. Extending the length of the home, the deck is the ideal spot for relaxation or guest entertainment. The deck can be accessed from the great room and via the stairway to the yard. The hilltop site offers both privacy and mountain views.
The large homesite features a peaceful and quiet setting with an easy care landscape. The lightly wooded area at the front offers a lovely arbor and a fire pit ready for family campfires. The property also includes a storage shed, car port, and grapevine arbor. Surrounding the home is a richly wooded area with towering native hardwoods, evergreens and rhododendron. This homesite backs up to 600-acre Camp Green Cove.
River Park |
At Summit Landing, the gated community river park offers 6 acres of riverside common area along the peaceful Green River. This delightful park features direct river access and swimming area as well as a community pavilion and boathouse. Enjoy entertaining in the covered pavilion with kitchen area and grilling equipment. At the boathouse, you can use community kayaks, ready for you and your guests to take a soothing river trip down the Green River and out onto beautiful Lake Summit.
Lake Summit |
Lake Summit has long been one of the most desired locations in the mountains. Spanning 300 acres with 10 miles of shoreline, Lake summit is home to approximately 250 cottages with boathouses as well as several historic summer camps. Residents enjoy power boating, sailing, skiing, wakeboarding, kayaking, swimming, and pontoon cruises. Residents of Summit Landing can enjoy access to Lake Summit either by boating down the Green River from the community river park or by using the limited access boat ramp located on Lake Summit only ½-mile from the community.
The Community |
Summit Landing is a private community with a lovely gated entrance, a few select homesites, a 6-acre river park, and a collection of upscale mountain homes. Ideal for a seasonal getaway or year round living, the community is located on the headwaters of Lake Summit in Tuxedo, North Carolina.
The Location |
Located near Lake Summit in the delightful community of Tuxedo, this residence offers easy access to both Flat Rock and Hendersonville in North Carolina as well as Traveler’s Rest and Greenville in South Carolina. Tuxedo is home to Lake Summit, the new Tuxedo community park, and numerous historic summer camps including Camp Green Cove, Camp Mondamin, and Camp Greystone. Enjoy easy access to shopping and dining only minutes away in Flat Rock, Hendersonville and Saluda plus commuting distance to Greenville and Asheville.
Summary of Features
- Built in 2004
- 4 bedrooms; 3 full baths
- Approximately 3043 square feet of living space
- Custom built by respected builder Jeff McCrain of Promise Builders
- Exterior of cedar shake siding and stone
- Architectural shingle
- Magnificent craftsmanship and sophisticated styling throughout
- Open floor plan
- Cathedral beadboard ceilings in the great room
- Beautiful stacked Virginia stone fireplaces on both the main level and lower level
- Handsome antler chandelier in the great room
- Custom staircase with iron railings and handrails and steps crafted from reclaimed heart pine
- Pristine floors of reclaimed heart pine
- Australian Pine paneled doors throughout
- Sparkling kitchen with Bosch dishwasher, Corian counters, and stainless appliances
- Dining nook with tall sunny windows, private views and custom chandelier
- Master on main with spacious walk-in closets
- Master bath featuring Kohler tub with tile surround, pedestal sink, corner shower and stone tile floors
- Pure wool carpet in upper level bedroom
- Wainscoting in the upper level bath crafted from the historic Lake Summit water flume
- Lower level family room with stacked stone fireplace, large windows, and acid-washed concrete floors
- Heat pump
- Entrances from both main level and lower level
- Laundry area tucked in the entry hall
- Stunning deck running the length of the home
- Private views on all sides of the home
The Community & River Park
- Large homesite
- Peaceful and quiet setting
- Private paved driveway
- Paved parking area and turn-around
- Storage shed and covered carport
- Grapevine arbor
- Charming “wishing well” style housing for private well
- Richly wooded with native hardwoods and evergreens
- Seasonal flowering shrubs including rhododendron
- Easy care landscape
- Fire pit for outdoor campfires
- Homesite backs up to 600-acre Camp Green Cove
- Summit Landing is a private gated river community
- Located on the headwaters of Lake Summit along the Green River
- Established family community with large homesites and several homes
- The gated river park features 6 acres of riverside common area on the Green River
- Community boathouse, entertaining deck, hiking and swimming area
- Community input for your own canoe or kayak, ideal for river trips
- Community kayaks for you and your guests are kept in the boathouse
- Paddle down the Green River directly into Lake Summit
- Located near several summer camps including Camp Green Cove, Camp Greystone and Camp Mondamin
- Access to Lake Summit for boating, water skiing, swimming and jet skiing on a 300-acre mountain lake
- Located in the Tuxedo community with Zirconia mailing address
- ½ mile to public boat access at Lake Summit
- ½ mile to U.S. 25
- 6 miles to Flat Rock, NC
- 7 miles to I-26
- 9 miles to Hendersonville, NC
- 20 miles to the Asheville Regional Airport
- 25 miles to Greenville, SC
- 30 miles to Asheville, NC
Price | No longer on the market
Contact | For details, please contact Sheelah Clarkson.
or call Sheelah at
Cell Phone: 828.712.2232